HAL largest restrooms?

mattR

Someone from my church is interested in taking an Alaskan cruise in 2010. One of her biggest concerns are the size of the restroom. I thought I read somewhere that HAL had larger then normal restrooms is this correct?

Someone from my church is interested in taking an Alaskan cruise in 2010. One of her biggest concerns are the size of the restroom. I thought I read somewhere that HAL had larger then normal restrooms is this correct?

Are you wanting to know about restrooms in the staterooms or the common areas?

Diane

Staterooms more specificly the showers.

All our cabins on HAL have had a bathtub/shower but there are some cabins that only have showers. I don't know how large those are but have read on CC that they seem to be larger that those on Princess, for example. (We were on the Caribbean Princess and I won't call the showers spacious!)

Here is a the bathroom on the Amsterdam the obstructed view cabin on Promenade deck that we had:

2542617520102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

The bathroom on the Eurodam in a verandah cabin on the Upper Promenade deck:

[/url]2555988200102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

. I don't know how large those are but have read on CC that they seem to be larger that those on Princess, for example. (We were on the Caribbean Princess and I won't call the showers spacious!)

The showers are super tiny on Princess. Much nicer on HAL.

All the inside, and some of the outside, cabins have shower only. In every case the showers are of a generous size. I'm also of a generous size, and have never had a problem with a HAL shower.

The old joke about soaping down the sides, and spinning, does not work on a HAL shower.

I don't know how large those are but have read on CC that they seem to be larger that those on Princess, for example

Friends travelled on Princess and referred to the bathroom as the "shoilet", as the shower showered the toilet, sink and floor regardless of how careful they were.

My one cruise on Princess, the shower was so small (shower only) that I literally had to stick my head out of the shower to lather up my shampoo. Otherwise I didn't have enough room to bend my elbows and reach my head.

All the inside, and some of the outside, cabins have shower only. In every case the showers are of a generous size. I'm also of a generous size, and have never had a problem with a HAL shower.

The old joke about soaping down the sides, and spinning, does not work on a HAL shower.

LOL, it does work with the showers on the Caribbean Princess, Ruth!

I agree with Ruth. The showers are generous and they also have a grab bar, which I've occassionally had to use in rough seas. There is also a retractable clothesline in the shower - very handy. I once got upgraded to an outside cabin and tried the bathtub. OMG they're low and IMO very hard to get out of. I'll stick to having a shower only in my cabin.

I would agree that HAL has the best and largest stateroom bathrooms of the cruise lines we have been on. My wife and I are both "larger than we should be" people and HAL's bathroom allow you more space to take a shower or just move around.

We are going on a Disney cruise next month and I will be interested in their split concept stateroom bathrooms.

Have a great next cruise.

The HAL cabin bathrooms are quite nice. You do need to step up one step to get into them. Storage inside is a bit limited, so I take along one of those over-the-door shoe storage bags with the clear pockets. That way I can see everything. I've never brought one home - I usually leave it for the cabin attendant or another cruise staffer who's been especially helpful. One time I gave it to the future cruise consultant. They run about $10 at Walmart.

My John is a big guy & has no probs taking a shower in the bathtub in a balcony or oceanview cabin on HAL.

Our honeymoon cruise in 1991 was a totally different scene - we were on the Big Red Boat for 3 days, which at the time was "associated" w/Disney, but was not a true "Disney product." Um, yeah. When you took a shower, everything got wet. Everything. That was fun. :rolleyes: :D

We got off that boat & thought OK we never need to cruise again. Some years later we were given the cruise on Noordam III, stepped off that gangway & thought oh, this is what cruising is supposed to be. We were hooked. :)

I am a large woman and the split bathroom worked out well for us on Disney. The shower in the inside cabin was a nice size and larger than our OV shower on Zuiderdam.

The smallest showers that I have had on cruises include: NCL except NCL Crown in 1997 and also. Royal Caribbean Vision Class ships and Song of America.

The shower in OV rooms on Grand Princess and Diamond Princess were roomier than NCL and RCCL.

I am a 'wide body' and was worried after my first cruise in NAL line (Spirit of Hawaii) which had a very small shower on a veranda stateroom.

I was very pleased with the three HAL ships I have since cruised on (Oosterdam, Eurodam and Princendam). All three had showers or tub/showere that were very comfortable. I think you will be fine on HAL.

It is interesting to compare bathrooms 20 years ago (our first cruise) with today's. Back then, if you dropped the soap in the shower you had to go out in the hallway (of the room) to be able to bend over to pick it up!

DaveOKC

Archived