Barcelona Day Tours - Anyone used them

IA_Cruiser

We didn't go it - way too crowded by the time we got going because of our flight schedule. My daughter's on the ship and has been inside, and told us the outside is way more interesting than the inside and to see more of the other sites instead and that's what we did.

I disagree with this advice. The inside is amazing, and more than that, one needs to gain admittance to the grounds to be able to see the outside close up. You can not see it correctly from the sidewalk, especially with the construction. I understand that people have time restraints, but imo, this is a must do when one visits Barcelona. One needs to either rent the audio tour, or sign up for the guided tour to get the full effect and knowledge. Both are nominal in fee.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a ta and we used Barcelona Tour guides and our guide Marie was fabulous kept a eye our for pickpockets for us and kept us well informed of everything around us. She was great and we will use them again and request Marie when we go to Barcelona again.

Pam

Just back from a TA that started in Barcelona. We (my dad and I) didn't use Barcelona Day Tours for a city tour in Barcelona, but we did use them for a day of wine tasting in the Penedes wine region. It was absolutely fantastic and one of the highlights of our trip. They had everything arranged at each winery, including private tours and tastings. In the morning, the driver picked us up at our hotel and loaded our luggage in the car. After the day of wine tasting, he dropped us off right in front of the passenger terminal at the port.

We'll definitely use them again when we go back to Barcelona.

-Jen

We did decide to use them for our recent trip to Barcelona. We arrived the day of the cruise (due to limited vacation). Barcelona day tours loaded up all our luggage in their spacious van and gave us a good tour of the highlights of Barcelona. The driver also allowed us to modify the itinerary based on some special interests

For us, this was a great way to get an overview of the city after a very long flight.

Loved your post, TLCOhio, and have copied it out to return to later. Thanks!

THANKS for the kind comments! Like any large city, there can be potential safety issues, but in most cases in most areas, things are safe if you use good judgement, care and attention. The key to Barcelona is do a little "advance planning" and then "GO DO IT!" It is a great, wonderful and charming city. We loved it! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

• 1 month later...

My wife and I have booked Barcelona Day Tours (BDT) for a half day tour the morning we arrive in BCN on 6 Nov. BDT will meet us at the airport then take us immediately to our hotel so we can drop off and secure our luggage in the hotel. We then will take a four hour tour of BCN at the end of this tour, BDT will take us back to our hotel. The price for two of us is 109 Euro pp (including pick up at airport, drop off at our hotel)

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

Hi Everyone - thanks for posting information about your tours. What rates were charged for your tours?

Marion

We have booked them for April.

We were quoted 109 euros pp for just the two of us.

If you have 4 people, the charge is 69 euros pp

If you have 6 people, the charge is 55 euros pp

• 6 months later...

On our first transatlantic voyage on the Westerdam this past April, we had a wonderful experience with Spain Day Tours. I very much recommend this company.

From Cádiz and Almeria and we visited Seville (the Cathedral, the Royal Alcazar) and Granada (the Alhambra). Spain Day Tours made our reservations at the Alhambra, which simplified the process considerably and they provided us with a superb guide. Both experiences were excellent.

On our next transatlantic we are very excited about seeing more of Spain and Portugal with Spain Day Tours. We are looking forward to tours in Lisbon and Sintra. This time, in Spain, we would like to see Cádiz and Jerez and will be taking that tour. For Malaga, the tour to Granada and the Alhambra is fantastic. This time, however, we will be visiting Ronda and the White Villages. Also we will tour with them in Barcelona and they are providing our transfer to the airport for our flight to France.

Edited by tech1

We used Barcelona Day Tours after our cruise. We had a late afternoon flight, and our ship arrived in port very early in the morning, so rather than wait around the airport for a long time, we decided to see something of Barcelona. The driver picked us up at the cruise terminal, and gave us a four-hour tour of the city before bringing us to the airport. He spoke English and was able to impart a feeling for the city, as well as bring us to the key areas, including Las Ramblas, the Cathedral and Old City, Sagrada Familia, and other Gaudi architectural landmarks. We felt that it was a nice way to end the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we are sailing on Century on October 25th out of Barcelona and are interested in taking a tour to Monteserrat with stops in Cava or Sitges. My mom and I are arriving in Barcelona on Oct. 21st and would look at a Saturday or Sunday tour with Barcelona Day Tours. They have excellent rewiews on Trip Advisor. Is there anyone else interested in taking this tour or has booked it that we could link up with? We'd also be interested in a city tour.

We used this company for a half-day tour in May. Our determining factor was that they will pick you up at your hotel. Our tour was on our first morning in BCN - before we had a chance to get our bearings - so this was a huge bonus.

Our tour took us to all the highlights - all over the city. It included an hour stop at Park Guell - and we went to all the other places mentioned on the website.

Our guide was Donald - he was fabulous. He drove a late-model Mercedes mini-van with great air conditioning! It was hot in May so this was greatly appreciated.

Our tour had the 3 from my family and just one other couple. It was nice to be in such a small group. Stops take less time and you actually get a chance to converse with your guide.

Our tour ended up being 5 hours and we were dropped back at our hotel at the end.

We had a fabulous time and learned so much about BCN. I would not hesitate to refer this company to anyone.:)

How much did it cost?

• 8 months later...
We are considering using Barcelona Day Tours for a half-day tour in Barcelona prior to boarding the ship.

We are interested in peoples experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Had friends who used them and they LOVED it. Great guide, wonderful day, pick up from boat on time, drop off at hotel expeditious.

For our upcoming TA in Oct, we have a tour set up pre cruise to Montserrat for over 30 of us and have heard nothing but compliments on Barcelona day Tours. Their response to our emails to confirm our deposits has been prompt.

I used them for our party of 3 last October. Our guy, Christian, was at the port first thing and went above and beyond the entire day. He was informative, pleasant and ready to please. The day we were there they were having a TV thing for kids and the city was swamped with families. Roads were blocked off. It took him some challenging detours to get us where we wanted to go but he did it. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Notentirelynormal I see your from Calif, we have a Calif thread part 2 now, CC gave us a new Thread as we had outgrown our first one. Here is the link, so hope you stop by.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1422450&page=2.

We are looking forward to our first visit to Barcelona and Liberty TA, which also received a continued thread.

• 6 months later...

We used Spain Day Tours, also called Top Day tours when we were in Spain recently. They did an OK job, but feel they could have done a much better job!!!

We used them on a shore excursion to Alhambra/Granada. Our guide did a explained the area we traveled on our way to Alhambra, but she was dry and a little boring. I was NOT pleased with their itinerary! With knowing Granada closed up from 1:30 until 3:30, it would have been nice to visit Granada first and then go to Alhambra!! When we arrived in Granada there was very little open, just a few places to eat something and a large department store. There were many cute little shops, but they were all closed!! I don't understand why they scheduled the trip the way they did!!!

If I had to do it again, I would not use Top Day Tours! But if I was forced to do so, I would ask them to change the way the handle the tours!!! I did not like the bland talk, and their lack of knowledge of what we all expected in Granada!! If you choose to use them, just realize that much is closed from 1 until 4pm in Spain and Portugal, so schedule your trip with that in mind! A semi private tour would have been a little nicer for us.

We had used Barcelona Day Tours a few years ago, and I wish I would have used them this time! I highly recommend them!!! They knew when shops were open and the best time to visit every venue!!!

Dave and Mardi Berry

lifeizgr8

We used Spain Day Tours, also called Top Day tours when we were in Spain recently. They did an OK job, but feel they could have done a much better job!!!

We used them on a shore excursion to Alhambra/Granada. Our guide did a explained the area we traveled on our way to Alhambra, but she was dry and a little boring. I was NOT pleased with their itinerary! With knowing Granada closed up from 1:30 until 3:30, it would have been nice to visit Granada first and then go to Alhambra!! When we arrived in Granada there was very little open, just a few places to eat something and a large department store. There were many cute little shops, but they were all closed!! I don't understand why they scheduled the trip the way they did!!!

If I had to do it again, I would not use Top Day Tours! But if I was forced to do so, I would ask them to change the way the handle the tours!!! I did not like the bland talk, and their lack of knowledge of what we all expected in Granada!! If you choose to use them, just realize that much is closed from 1 until 4pm in Spain and Portugal, so schedule your trip with that in mind! A semi private tour would have been a little nicer for us.

We had used Barcelona Day Tours a few years ago, and I wish I would have used them this time! I highly recommend them!!! They knew when shops were open and the best time to visit every venue!!!

Dave and Mardi Berry

lifeizgr8

I have been planning some future shore excursions in Spain. Just fyi "Top Day" and "Barcelona Day" tours are the same organization. The names change dependent on which tours you are scheduling. Sounds like a tour leader issue.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they have vans or buses equipped to transport an electric scooter?:confused:

Sorry I dont know the answer but I found Barcelona Day Tours very very quick to respond to any of my emailed questions.

Edited by katiepe

Just back from our trip.

We used Barcelona Day Tours for a half day tour prior to boarding the ship.

They did a wonderful job for us. It was a great way to get a very quick overview of a beautiful city.

Very pleased with their services.

• 2 weeks later...
I used them for our party of 3 last October. Our guy, Christian, was at the port first thing and went above and beyond the entire day. He was informative, pleasant and ready to please. The day we were there they were having a TV thing for kids and the city was swamped with families. Roads were blocked off. It took him some challenging detours to get us where we wanted to go but he did it. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Do you have any review under Ocean Princess? I would love to hear more about your trip