message board query

LN50

I have recently found that If I access the forums in the morning I can wait several minutes for the pages to load. If I access in the evening I do not have this problem.

Is it just that I hit a huge volume of stateside CCers in the morning, and by evening they have all retired to bed?

I would be interested to know if other people have this problem.

I am UK based. :confused:

LN50,

Here on the west coast (GMT-7 daylight savings time or GMT-8 standard time) at about 2400 to 0100 hours every day, the board is "unavailable" as my browser always says "waiting for cruisecritic.com" and no pages from the site load at all during this time slot. I have CC friends who live in The Nederlands and they have the same problem but at a different time.

A while back HostDan verified that the CC server is not down or idle for scheduled maintenance or software updates.

I am UK based too and have problems in the morning. Do you think it's telling us we should be getting on with jobs instead of enjoying CC?!!

Too true :D but it is like an addiction isn't it.

I just think will only be a minute or two, then see the time and wonder where it has gone...... Don't tell anyone :)

Hi, yes I always have this problem in the morning!

Must be a maintenance issue, as we are 5ish hours ahead of the US, jobs just aren't that enticing!

Just a thought... are you using the US site or the UK site?

Host Dan

LN50,

Here on the west coast (GMT-7 daylight savings time or GMT-8 standard time) at about 2400 to 0100 hours every day, the board is "unavailable" as my browser always says "waiting for cruisecritic.com" and no pages from the site load at all during this time slot. I have CC friends who live in The Nederlands and they have the same problem but at a different time.

A while back HostDan verified that the CC server is not down or idle for scheduled maintenance or software updates.

Hi Paul!

That would be me I guess and you are exactly right! We have 9 hours time difference and I can not use this website from 09.00 till 10.00 AM! And I mean never, so there has to be something like a software or maintenance update!

I also notice that sometimes I have problems around 11.00 AM. The Board is best accessible in weekends though! Working people don't seem to bother to write or read the posts here that much. Well, all I can say is: I can imagine if you lack time for "even nicer" things!

Marja

Just a thought... are you using the US site or the UK site?

Host Dan

I'm using the US site for the forums and have the same problem from 07:00 UK time.

The system must be being updated or cleaned or fed or something:)

I'm using the US site for the forums and have the same problem from 07:00 UK time.

The system must be being updated or cleaned or fed or something:)

Hi Mike!

That is weird; I'm using the US site as well and as far as I know we are one hour ahead of you, so I'm surprised you have problems at 07.00, when I have that at 09.00!

Regards,

Marja

Hello Marja.

Yes I usually check for updates of posts and regularly try to get on at about 7:15 (8:15 your time). Always a problem. Give up eventually and wait till later in the morning or the afternoon.

It has to be a system thing.

I just confirmed that the UK and the US sites are on the same servers. Every morning at 4AM EST we run a database back-up. Laura S is checking to see if its been taking longer than usual. I'll let you know what I find out!

Host Dan

I just confirmed that the UK and the US sites are on the same servers. Every morning at 4AM EST we run a database back-up. Laura S is checking to see if its been taking longer than usual. I'll let you know what I find out!

Host Dan

Thanks Dan

Yes I am using the US site although it is headed up cruisecritic.co.uk I did notice that the post this morning was made at 7.10am, well I know it was more likely to be around 9.45/ 10.00 am.

At least if we are aware of a time when the servers are updating, then we can avoid even looking at that time as it can be very frustrating.

Look forward to your reply

Linda

I am UK based too and have problems in the morning. Do you think it's telling us we should be getting on with jobs instead of enjoying CC?!!

I think all of our bosses are in cahoots with CC. For us in the US, to get to bed for a good nights sleep so we can work hard the next day; and for those who reside on Her Majesty's side of The Pond, getting the job done. Look at it this way: getting the job done to earn that discretionary income to cruise the oceans and come here and share your experiences with others so there is something new to backup on those servers. :cool:

Too true :D but it is like an addiction isn't it. I just think will only be a minute or two, then see the time and wonder where it has gone...... Don't tell anyone :)

Your secret is safe with me and the rest of us here. The only addiction better than being addicted to CC is being addicted to Seabourn. Once you realize there is no drug or therapy to cure it you just have to take more cruises on Seabourn. :eek: Then come here to start getting over your case of SSS (Seabourn Separation Syndrome). Gangway to jetway back to reality is tough. :(

Hi Paul!

That would be me I guess and you are exactly right! We have 9 hours time difference and I can not use this website from 09.00 till 10.00 AM! And I mean never, so there has to be something like a software or maintenance update!

Marja

Yes! I was referring to you but could not remember the times when you had the same difficulties as I have.

Just want to prove I have no problems between 08.00 and 09.00 (Dutch time). Very fast at this time! So now it is one our earlier in the UK!

Let's see how Mike is doing!

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

Marja,

Same here it works;), but are getting slower later.

T&T

Host Dan

4AM EST, is that like Miami time? 6 hours earlier than here? I noticed I could not get on the site for a while just after 10.00 AM, so that would be right. Now it is 10.30 and working again!

But then I still have the hour between 09.00 and 10.00 too!

Have a nice weekend!

Marja

4AM EST, is that like Miami time? 6 hours earlier than here? I noticed I could not get on the site for a while just after 10.00 AM, so that would be right. Now it is 10.30 and working again!

But then I still have the hour between 09.00 and 10.00 too!

Have a nice weekend!

Marja

Yes, like Miami time...

Host Dan

Thanks Dan!

That means I have "problems" starting at 03.00 AM till 04.20 Miami time!

Just for your information and Laura's.

Marja

Yes, we are aware of this. Unfortunately backing up the system has to been done at some point during a 24 hour period.

Host Dan

Archived