RCCL Oasis of the Seas or Carnival Dream

jim268361

Hi,

We are planning our next cruise. Last went on the Norwegian Majesty and disliked Norwegian Cruise Lines very much. The RCCL Oasis of the Seas and Carnival Dream are the two ships we are going to choose from. The Dream seems to have lower prices. We have been on Carnival and loved it. We have never been on RCCL. Any thoughts or advice? Does it pay to use the early saver rates?

Thanks.

Hi,

We are planning our next cruise. Last went on the Norwegian Majesty and disliked Norwegian Cruise Lines very much. The RCCL Oasis of the Seas and Carnival Dream are the two ships we are going to choose from. The Dream seems to have lower prices. We have been on Carnival and loved it. We have never been on RCCL. Any thoughts or advice? Does it pay to use the early saver rates?

Thanks.

Wow, from NCL's smallest to Royal's and Carnival's newest and largest. Now that's a bold move. My perspective is that I don't want to even be in port with a ship the size of the Oasis. Waaay to big for me. The Dream, while still quite large, by comparison is still a reasonable size. As to pricing, expect the Oasis to be considerably more expensive for a very long time. RCCI has to amortize more than a billion dollars for that ship. I've seen some very reasonable pricing for the Dream, especially the Early Saver rates. Happy sailing on whatever ship you decide on.

Hi,

Any thoughts or advice? Does it pay to use the early saver rates?

First off, I do not recommend Carnival's early saver rate unless you are absolutely 100% sure you will not cancel. The deposit is non-refundable.

As for the ships, both promise to be spectacular. However, Carnival, once again, did not plan their space well. The Dream will have one of the worst space to passenger ratios in cruising. This means more crowding.

Frankly, if you are in to the huge ships, Oasis really has no competition right now. Dream is just a bigger version of everything Carnival already has. Oasis is something totally new. If you found Oasis for a decent price, I recommend that choice.

Dream is just a bigger version of everything Carnival already has.

You obviously have not done your research on the Carnival Dream. It is new ship design for Carnival. Go to Carnival's website and check it out.

You obviously have not done your research on the Carnival Dream. It is new ship design for Carnival. Go to Carnival's website and check it out.

Yea, actually I did. The layout and design is very similar to their older ships. Carnival execs, themselves, have boasted that they save money in ship design by only expanding on existing designs, rather than starting all new.

Yea, actually I did. The layout and design is very similar to their older ships. Carnival execs, themselves, have boasted that they save money in ship design by only expanding on existing designs, rather than starting all new.

I agree with you, that Dream is just a bigger, newer version of what works for Carnival.

Oasis is a huge step up in new designs, grass in the park, neighborhood designs, even will have a zip line. Risky move on RCL's park, and then the economy went into the toilet, so RCL may get bit, but Oasis is going to be a lot more new concepts to look over.

You mentioned Dream will be cheaper .... no big surprise.... pick whichever works. Im waiting for Oasis to drop in price a bit.

What it comes down to is ... speculation ... as no one has been on either ship for a revenue sailing. You would have to look at what each ship will offer and decide what you want for your vacation. Personally, given the size of the Oasis, I'm not going to fork over premium fares because it doesn't offer anything more of what I want for my cruise. The fares might be worth it to others .....

Archived