How much is beer on Carnivial? Do you HAVE to tip 15%??

stephic411

[it really is a convenient way to tip, and probably saves us money. And I've never had a server yet on Carnival who didn't deserve at least that 15%. We do tip a bit extra when warrented, too. Cheers!

Totally Agreee....!:D

You can also call me cheap but I do have a major problem with giving someone a 15% tip to take a bottle out of the cooler and handing it to me? There is nothing that I can do about it short of not doing any drinking but I do not have to like it.

DON

You can also call me cheap but I do have a major problem with giving someone a 15% tip to take a bottle out of the cooler and handing it to me? There is nothing that I can do about it short of not doing any drinking but I do not have to like it.

DON

Nothing cheap about that.

Ya so I sound like a cheap skate I know! I am in my 20's though so cut me some slack!..ha. I was just wondering how much a beer was on Carnivial because it has been about 3 years since I have been and I am curious. Also.. I never remember this 15% being taken out automatically for every bar bill..can you make it so they take out nothing? I would always just write in my own tip when I went before with my sail and sign card. Thanks!

If you are in your 20's the 15% has AUTOMATICALLY added to every bar purchase since BEFORE you were able to purchase a drink on board. You may still write in your own tip, and IF you did that in the past it was ON TOP of the 15%.

DON

You are not paying the bartender by the hour, or by the pound, or by the ergs he expends. You are tipping for personal service.

Betting your local neighborhood bartender talks about you behind your back if you don't tip him for pulling a beer out of the cooler and handing it to you.

It was just a question.. not a post to make people go nuts. I don't think some people saw that I changed my mind? I had just never rememberd that being on the other cruises I have been on..so I was a little confused. It is obvious now though that doing the automatic tip is the easiest.

Since you only have 10 posts we could give you a pass BUT if you have been here for a while and just decided to post this, then you probably deserve any brutality you believe you have been given. This is a very sensitive issue. The crew work very hard, long days with NO days off just time off, and they deserve whatever tips they are given.

I think a couple of people got the wrong idea.. im still wanting to tip I just don't like the auto 15%.. it just makes me uncomfortable. After thinking about it though I am probably going to to it automatically but I still don't really like it.

WHY?

Cash or automatic, IF you are going to pay it, what's the diff.

I leave the automatic 15% and tip $1.00 with each and every drink. Plus if the bartender is GOOD, I'll leave a $5.00 or a $10.00 tip when I leave. When I come to that bartender again, I'll wager that I get served first and my drinks are better. But I'm not a sparky looking young lady, I'm a big bear of an old man.:eek:

If you are in your 20's the 15% has AUTOMATICALLY added to every bar purchase since BEFORE you were able to purchase a drink on board. You may still write in your own tip, and IF you did that in the past it was ON TOP of the 15%.

hahaha I didn't know any better on my first cruise and added a tip on top of the tip.

Bill

LOL! I still have newbies asking me about that while on a cruise........noooo it is included!!!:D

They surely wouldn't get rich off of us as we drink very little. We are lucky if we have 3-4 drinks each and maybe a bottle of wine at dinner during the course of a weeks cruise.

Never been charged a corkage fee yet. I just give that money the person who brings us the wine.

Bill

You are not paying the bartender by the hour, or by the pound, or by the ergs he expends. You are tipping for personal service.

Betting your local neighborhood bartender talks about you behind your back if you don't tip him for pulling a beer out of the cooler and handing it to you.[/quote

Great personal service -

1) remove bottle from cooler

2) open bottle

3) hand it to me.

DON

The 15% is automatic and can not be reduced. You can add more if you want.

The 15% can be reduced, all tipping is at the passengers discretion. You have the option of removing it from the ticket before you sign it.

Archived