Anthem Michael's Pub reviews?

One place I don't hear much about is Michael's Genuine Pub on board Anthem. I know it's al a carte. I'm hoping for opinions, suggestions. We are on a 9 night cruise in September so we may pop in for a bite to eat. Is it worth it and are there favorites?

Also, is it open later in the evenings and available for late evening food/snacks? Just curious...

With free pizza and other free food quite nearby, we didn't see many people using it. I hear they serve a killer burger and it's in a great location to people watch.

A bartender was always there quite late, I guess he could take your food order too.

We eat there at least once each time we're on Anthem. I love the fish and chips and my husband always get the burgers and fries. Usually pretty crowded when we're there in the afternoon, but a lot of people just order drinks, or bring pizza in from next door. We enjoy it and will go again in September!

We cruised with a large group last march. I did not spend as much time in Michael's as I had anticipated before boarding but we did drop by a few times mostly after the late shows for a few drinks and snacks. Some in our group would swing by Sorentos just next door, to pick up a few slices and join us in Michael's. I ordered the Pub Board once and everybody dove into it like seagulls so apparently it was pretty good;p Had a nice beer selection as well. They had Dogfish 90 minute available the week we were there but not sure if they carry it all the time.

The previous cruise my wife and I cruised on Liberty and really really got great service and cocktails at their English Pub (Hoof & Claw). Their servers were awesome and really made an effort to surpass expectations, so my expectations were pretty high for Michael's. Unfortunately, I found the service a wee bit cold and it kinda showed that they preferred just pouring beer from the taps, cause you could almost detect a minor rolling of the eyes if you happened to order a cocktail where they actually had to mix something. They were still polite, but perhaps just tired. So Michael's for beer, but for Cocktails... Schooner and Boleros were tops, The Music Hall and Solarium Bar a very very close second. OH, the 270 bar is right there at the top as well. And the North Star bar if your topside... After re-reading this, I realize we did get around a lot. Yes we all had the bev. package:beer-toast:

In March I had the deviled eggs appetizer then a cheeseburger for lunch. Super excellent food. I only had a couple Bloody Mary's with my lunch. They were fantastic. I'd definitely return. We were the first in the day we went for lunch. The service was fine & friendly. Obviously a bit on the personal side since we were the only ines there for most of our meal. Enjoyable decor & atmosphere. You could kinda tell it was a fun nighttime spot although we never found time to stop in at night.

Had a great burger and my DH had the fried chicken, which was enough for two. Burger was great. They told us the chicken would take a half hour and it did, but DH said it was worth the wait.

Great service for us but our daughter and her family went the next afternoon and had very poor service, took over an hour for the chicken and the waiter took my son in law's beer off the table before he finished it........not such a big deal as he had the drink package, just another irritant after waiting so long for the food.

Had a great burger and my DH had the fried chicken, which was enough for two. Burger was great. They told us the chicken would take a half hour and it did, but DH said it was worth the wait.

Great service for us but our daughter and her family went the next afternoon and had very poor service, took over an hour for the chicken and the waiter took my son in law's beer off the table before he finished it........not such a big deal as he had the drink package, just another irritant after waiting so long for the food.

Thanks everyone. I saw the menu and some of it looks good. We will probably drop by for a bite just to experience it.

Can you describe the fried chicken? Was it one piece? What part?

I was eyeing the burger. Looks good and nice to see others with positive feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One place I don't hear much about is Michael's Genuine Pub on board Anthem. I know it's al a carte. I'm hoping for opinions, suggestions. We are on a 9 night cruise in September so we may pop in for a bite to eat. Is it worth it and are there favorites?

Also, is it open later in the evenings and available for late evening food/snacks? Just curious...

Sarah, it's good. And open late-ish. (I'll go check my Compasses) Watch for the (almost) daily specials on the blackboard outside the entrance.

Sarah, it's good. And open late-ish. (I'll go check my Compasses) Watch for the (almost) daily specials on the blackboard outside the entrance.

Oh thank you for that! I'll take a look for daily specials too.

Thanks everyone!

Do they have draft beer? I haven't seen any taps in photos I've seen.

Our experience on other ships has been very few beers on tap, and many times none because they say they are all out.

We have been on Anthem 2x and booked for # 3 in Jan/18 , and we have eaten @ Michael's both trips and plan to on this next one. We love Michael's and have never had a bad meal, or service. We love going there to watch football with fans from all different areas, it a very nice venue:D

Do they have draft beer? I haven't seen any taps in photos I've seen.

Although I do not remember the brands (Amstel was one maybe??) they did have draft beer there on our cruise. Always at lest two kinds.

Our experience on other ships has been very few beers on tap, and many times none because they say they are all out.

That's been our experience too but I'm surprised in this day an age they'd go to zero taps in a pub.