Drinking Water

SpaceGirl

I'm a huge water drinker, and I pretty much have a water bottle with me 24/7, that I sip from throughout the day and fill when it's empty. Will Princess allow me to bring an empty water bottle on board? And if so, are there places around the ship where I can fill it for free? I'd prefer to carry a bottle around with me when possible and not just wait for meals, and I don't want to pay $36 (or however much it is) to have ten bottles delivered to my stateroom. Thanks!

Yes! We always bring water bottles. We fill it up at the buffet. Just be careful that you fill it up using their glasses so that you aren't touching your bottle to the water dispenser.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The bottle I'd be bringing has a removable lid (like a sports bottle), and I drink from the lid, not from the part where I put water in at. Do you still recommend that I do the same and fill it up with their glasses?

I'm a huge water drinker, and I pretty much have a water bottle with me 24/7, that I sip from throughout the day and fill when it's empty. Will Princess allow me to bring an empty water bottle on board? And if so, are there places around the ship where I can fill it for free? I'd prefer to carry a bottle around with me when possible and not just wait for meals, and I don't want to pay $36 (or however much it is) to have ten bottles delivered to my stateroom. Thanks!

You can bring a refillable water bottle & we use a 20 oz wide mouth Brita filter one. The water is perfectly safe (and in the numerous discussions about shipboard water quality facts have been presented that it's checked more than home tap water) but if refilling from the dispensers in the buffet then it's best to pour the water & ice into the plastic buffet glass before pouring into your bottle to avoid any possibility of cross-contamination.

You can pre-purchase a 12-pack of half liter bottled water for $6.90 which we use in ports after our refillable water bottle is emptied & we don't trust the port's water supply.

The bottle I'd be bringing has a removable lid (like a sports bottle), and I drink from the lid, not from the part where I put water in at. Do you still recommend that I do the same and fill it up with their glasses?

If that's like our Brita bottle, that might not be necessary as long as you don't touch the dispenser's spigot.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You can bring a refillable water bottle & we use a 20 oz wide mouth Brita filter one. The water is perfectly safe (and in the numerous discussions about shipboard water quality facts have been presented that it's check more than tap water at home) but if refilling from the dispensers in the buffet then it's best to pour the water & ice into the plastic buffet glass before pouring into your bottle to avoid any possibility of cross-contamination.

You can pre-purchase a 12-pack of half liter bottled water for $6.90 which we use in ports after our refillable water bottle is emptied & we don't trust the port's water supply.

Thanks! And that's an idea, too, because I don't know what the rules are about taking bottled water from the ship out to the port, and from port back to the ship. It would probably be a better idea to use pre-bottled water in that case.

You can bring a refillable water bottle & we use a 20 oz wide mouth Brita filter one. The water is perfectly safe (and in the numerous discussions about shipboard water quality facts have been presented that it's check more than tap water at home) but if refilling from the dispensers in the buffet then it's best to pour the water & ice into the plastic buffet glass before pouring into your bottle to avoid any possibility of cross-contamination.

If that's like our Brita bottle, that might not be necessary as long as you don't touch the dispenser's spout.

That's what I was thinking. And I have a Brita bottle, too, probably similar to yours!

Thanks! And that's an idea, too, because I don't know what the rules are about taking bottled water from the ship out to the port, and from port back to the ship. It would probably be a better idea to use pre-bottled water in that case.

There's never been any issues with taking water (bottled or refillable) from the ship & you can bring as much water (and soda) as your desire onboard during embarkation or from ports.

That's what I was thinking. And I have a Brita bottle, too, probably similar to yours!

That's worked great for us...more for taste than for safety. ;)

I ordered 24 water bottles for $13.80 through my Cruise Personalizer. That's .57 1/2 cents per bottle. I can't get it cheaper anywhere else on a cruise. If you want to use the public-use water spigots on the ship, then go for it but personally, I refuse to refill water bottles at the buffet after seeing other people doing it and putting their hands all over the spigot and using bottles that haven't been washed. Just not worth the chance of getting Norovirus to me.

They will quite happily sell you a bottle of water as you are disembarking at the ports. They do not have the liquid issues like security at airports. Bring your own!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

There's never been any issues with taking water (bottled or refillable) from the ship & you can bring as much water (and soda) as your desire onboard during embarkation or from ports.

That's worked great for us...more for taste than for safety. ;)

I am a proponent of drinking water in moderation.

Yes you can.

It's actually $6.90 for 12/20 oz bottles ordered pre cruise.

That would be $20.70/36. I think it's a ton better than what they used to offer.

The water package for $6.90 is very reasonable, and it's usually waiting for you in your cabin when you board. If you order more than one they will hold it until you're ready for it, too.

We ordered several and they were all in the cabin when we boarded.

This is another case where I think it probably varies by ship.

I carry off my pre-filled personal water bottle in the side pouch on my backpack. Never been stopped or questioned.

No problem taking a bottle of water off the ship in any port. It does not have to be a sealed bottle.

And no problem bringing it back onto the ship.

Yes. It is a sanitation rule on Princess ships.

I fill mine from the tap. The tap water on a ship is probably better than I get from my tap at home. Have been on many cruises and including round the world, and have never had any problems. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes! We always bring water bottles. We fill it up at the buffet. Just be careful that you fill it up using their glasses so that you aren't touching your bottle to the water dispenser.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Think of the environmental benefit of filling your own bottle up from the buffet (via their plastic glasses). I know the plastic is crushed and recycled, but it still uses energy to recycle.

We have found that the tap water is often warm, so if using water from your cabin, fill your bottle at night and stick in your fridge to begin the next day. And yes, as has already been noted, USE A CLEAN GLASS TO FILL YOUR BOTTLE IN THE BUFFET! :)

We have found that the tap water is often warm, so if using water from your cabin, fill your bottle at night and stick in your fridge to begin the next day. And yes, as has already been noted, USE A CLEAN GLASS TO FILL YOUR BOTTLE IN THE BUFFET! :)

I prefer warm water! lol