is there a laundry room on Getaway??

donegal rose

They do, however, have a mid-cruise, laundry special. All you can stuff in a laundry bag (bring tape) for $19.99. It worked well for us for making sure we had clean clothes for the rest of the cruise...

Enjoy you cruise..

An iron is available upon request from Steward or guest services (or housekeeping... numbers will be on the phone in your room)

They do, however, have a mid-cruise, laundry special. All you can stuff in a laundry bag (bring tape) for $19.99. It worked well for us for making sure we had clean clothes for the rest of the cruise...

Enjoy you cruise..

An iron is available upon request from Steward or guest services (or housekeeping... numbers will be on the phone in your room)

Usually, but not always. My Alaska cruise I'm on right now did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx for that info. We're on 14 day TA cruise so expect there to be laundry bag offer half way thru then. And the bag is per cabin. I take it they'l give an ironing board as well.

I Like to iron few bits 1st day n forget about it then. Theres always some shirts etc that crease no matter how u pack them. The last time we used this service they were so well folded they didnt need ironing n who wants to iron on holiday!:o

Thanx again

I don't think there is a mid way special on most 7 day cruises. (on our last 2 there have not been) the only special I have seen was on Embarkation day.

It was offered on all of our 7 day cruises, but once the steward forgot to leave the bag in our cabin, and we had to ask.

• 1 month later...

What no one seems to have mentioned is that Norwegion Ships, like all hotels - have daily laundry service.

There is a plastic bag and a laundry list hanging in your closet. The prices per item type are on the list.

Fill out the list, put your laundry in the bag and give it to the Porter before 9 AM. You should get it back the same day.

And unlike most things on Norwegion, the costs are reasonable.

• 4 years later...
On 9/24/2017 at 11:14 AM, Barb Nahoumi said:

I found the flier and platinum laundry certificate in our cabin, but had to ask for a bag and laundry list. Apparently our steward forgot to leave them in the cabin.

The service is the best perk for platinums. It saves us from over-packing.

I'm on back to back cruises under the same booking number, I assume I get 2 free bags for the 20 days. If not let me know and I will cancel the cruise and have it booked as two separate 10 day cruises, with two booking numbers.

@nudistcruzer and @LGinPA, you have posted to a thread that was last utilized Oct 2017. 

Therefore, please be aware that some things have changed!

- The weekly "laundry special" has increased in price to $29! (And, the bag is smaller than used to be.)

- If you happen to be a Platinum (or higher) Latitudes member, you will receive 1 bag per week/per      upper Latitudes member.

- "Club Balcony Suites" receive a free bag of laundry. However, I don't know if that is one time per cruiser and/or per week).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

@nudistcruzer and @LGinPA, you have posted to a thread that was last utilized Oct 2017. 

Therefore, please be aware that some things have changed!

- The weekly "laundry special" has increased in price to $29! (And, the bag is smaller than used to be.)

- If you happen to be a Platinum (or higher) Latitudes member, you will receive 1 bag per week/per      upper Latitudes member.

- "Club Balcony Suites" receive a free bag of laundry. However, I don't know if that is one time per cruiser and/or per week).

The Club Balcony free laundry is one bag per cabin per week.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

Thank you. 

I'm still looking to find out if, for non-platinum and non-club balcony, how many times on an 11-day cruise will the laundry special once or twice?  I'm hoping for day 4 & 8 since I'm a light packer.

pack some tide and find the clothes line that comes out of the retractor over the tub. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

pack some tide and find the clothes line that comes out of the retractor over the tub. 

Thank you.

Yes, I always do this on land tours. And plan on doing it again on the cruise for personal items.

However our Mediterranean cruise has only one day-at-sea on day 1, followed by 8 ports-of-call for which we'll be actively touring.  Hence I don't anticipate having much time to hand wash outer clothing.  We'll definitely use the laundry. 

I was just hoping there were 2 offers on an 11-day cruise.  If not, then we'll pay. 

On 9/24/2017 at 7:55 AM, donegal rose said:

Thanx for that info. We're on 14 day TA cruise so expect there to be laundry bag offer half way thru then. And the bag is per cabin. I take it they'l give an ironing board as well.

I Like to iron few bits 1st day n forget about it then. Theres always some shirts etc that crease no matter how u pack them. The last time we used this service they were so well folded they didnt need ironing n who wants to iron on holiday!:o

Thanx again

I got called to the "naughty room" once when they confiscated my personal steamer. It was returned the the last day of the cruise. At least they didn't  find the booze :). Yes, this was before drink packages!

Edited by 2boyzmom