guaranteed mini suite question

clcmdse

To my CC gurus on Princess. We have always selected our cabins when we have cruised on various lines, but on our Mexican Riviera cruise this December we decided to take the offer of a guaranteed mini-suite. Would love experiences on what I should prepare for and when we will be alerted to our cabin - week of sailing? day before?

Thanks

Catherine

No way to tell.

You will end up with your gty cat or higher.

A GTY......Usually can be/assigned sometime/anytime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

We booked a guarantee mini on our first Hawaii cruise. It turned out to be the best mini on the ship IMHO.

We were assigned D733. The last mini aft on D deck.

The balcony was ginormous!!

I was upset (at first) because there was no bathroom.

DH was upset because the cabin description states "twin beds only".

We were assigned a week or 2 before departure, so I had plenty of time to do research here. Cooler heads prevailed.

Several posted that it's possible to put the beds together, it just makes a tight passage around the beds to the balcony. The steward fixed it up as soon as we asked.

And when I saw the bathroom, all was forgiven. OMG!! It was HUGE.

The cabin was originally supposed to be for disabled. So it had extra wide doors and the huge "roll-in" shower.

We wouldn't have missed that cabin for a tremendous move-over offer.

So much fun.

You'll get your assignment, you'll be on the ship, have a great cruise.

We booked a guarantee mini on our first Hawaii cruise. It turned out to be the best mini on the ship IMHO.

We were assigned D733. The last mini aft on D deck.

The balcony was ginormous!!

I was upset (at first) because there was no bathroom.

DH was upset because the cabin description states "twin beds only".

We were assigned a week or 2 before departure, so I had plenty of time to do research here. Cooler heads prevailed.

Several posted that it's possible to put the beds together, it just makes a tight passage around the beds to the balcony. The steward fixed it up as soon as we asked.

And when I saw the bathroom, all was forgiven. OMG!! It was HUGE.

The cabin was originally supposed to be for disabled. So it had extra wide doors and the huge "roll-in" shower.

We wouldn't have missed that cabin for a tremendous move-over offer.

So much fun.

You'll get your assignment, you'll be on the ship, have a great cruise.

"No" bathroom? :o

Probably an autocorrect from 'bathtub' to 'bathroom'. Almost as good as the one I saw earlier this morning, 'dismemberment day',:')

Thank you everyone for the info. I must admit that my heart stopped for a moment when I saw "no bathroom" [emoji1]Glad to hear of the positive experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Forums