Cruise Sold Out One Year Out ??

I have a cruise booked (Freedom) for August 4, 2018 next year, in the last few days it's showing "sold out" RCI has no idea what's going on with it but when reservations are pulled up they are showing cabins available in inventory.

Basic question.....If this is a charter, how long does it take for RCI to notify you and what sort of compensation (if any) is offered?

The cruise just before July 28th is now off the books and was told it's closed for inventory.

I have a B2B booked (4th & 11th) and wondering if I should just go ahead and change my dates to the 18th & 25th since I am flexible and my preferred cabin is at this time showing available ?

If it's a charter, it could take a few weeks for RC to formally notify you, and give you options for change. They would normally give you price protection on a small number of similar cruises, some OBC, and possibly reimbursement for airline change fees.

I'm also booked on this cruise and called C&A this morning about the fact that it's been more than a week and the Aug. 4 sailing is "unavailable" and the July 28 is just not there.

They claim there is no notation of a charter, that they can see all chartered cruises. And that the July sailing is "inventory review" whatever that means.

We can't get any air to Puerto Rico until, at the earliest, 331 days out, which means sometime in September, so there wouldn't be any airline change fee reimbursement offered. At best, I think they might offer a few other weeks with price protection, but given the fact that it's 14 months away, they might not feel the need.

The Aug. 11 week is priced similarly to our week. The early July ones are much higher.

I'm both agent and guest on this cruise, so I'll hear something from one of the areas about what's going on, if it's anything to worry about.

Has any cruise that went into "inventory review" ever come back for sale to the public?

In my brief history with Royal....I've had two cruises that started that way and then were changed to charters.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm also booked on this cruise and called C&A this morning about the fact that it's been more than a week and the Aug. 4 sailing is "unavailable" and the July 28 is just not there.

They claim there is no notation of a charter, that they can see all chartered cruises. And that the July sailing is "inventory review" whatever that means.

We can't get any air to Puerto Rico until, at the earliest, 331 days out, which means sometime in September, so there wouldn't be any airline change fee reimbursement offered. At best, I think they might offer a few other weeks with price protection, but given the fact that it's 14 months away, they might not feel the need.

The Aug. 11 week is priced similarly to our week. The early July ones are much higher.

I'm both agent and guest on this cruise, so I'll hear something from one of the areas about what's going on, if it's anything to worry about.

Thanks...I was hoping you would post here too...and also wanted to get some feedback from other's that wouldn't see our rollcall and have been in a similar situation with RCI.

Has any cruise that went into "inventory review" ever come back for sale to the public?

In my brief history with Royal....I've had two cruises that started that way and then were changed to charters.

I believe someone reported one of those a few weeks ago. One of the posters offered the theory that someone had planned a charter, but it fell through.

If it is a 7 day cruise they usually offer $200 OBC for balcony and below cabins and a choice of a few dates close to that date which will be price protected at the rate you currently have for your cabin

I have been bumped a few times and it always takes several weeks from the time the cruise becomes "sold out" to the time that they contact you.

If it is a 7 day cruise they usually offer $200 OBC for balcony and below cabins and a choice of a few dates close to that date which will be price protected at the rate you currently have for your cabin

I have been bumped a few times and it always takes several weeks from the time the cruise becomes "sold out" to the time that they contact you.

I'm surprised you're not already booked on this cruise.:p

What's the OBC for JS ?

What's the OBC for JS ?

I believe that they have offered $400 for a JS and above for a 7 day cruise

If you have a certain cabin in mind and can swing the additional deposit you could go ahead and book the other sailings and keep the original reservations until you find out what is happening

We happen to have two (2) ocean view cabins (under the new, revised categorization) booked. Really want balcony, but the prices are too high when you factor in the air from NJ to PR. I booked when they had a WOW sale, not usually the way I book, but the 1/2 deposit and $100/cabin OBC for a cruise that wasn't for 16+ months was good enough for me, especially since I have the Anthem for Christmas booked with reduced deposit and OBC from an on board booking and didn't want to tie up too much money for 3rd quarter 2018.

I could move it earlier into July if I needed to; it's not ideal but it can be done. Later into August runs into both my older son heading back to college and my younger one having tryouts/practice for HS soccer. As I said, July pricing is higher, so they'd have to price protect me to get me to move.

If I could keep my $100 WOW OBC + get an additional $200 OBC per cabin, plus price protection, that would really make it worthwhile.

Guess we just wait and see what actually happens. If I hear anything, I'll be sure to post on the roll call and if I can't find this thread, I'll put a new one up so others know what their current offer will be.

I got to keep my WOW OBC when it happened to me and I changed to one of the price protected sailings

That's good to know.

I'm booked at $879/pp with $100 OBC per cabin. If they price protected me, and gave me an additional $200 OBC for the cabin, then the net price drops to $729 for an ocean view cabin. In the middle of the summer. Not too bad.

The additional OBC helps offset the airfare from EWR to SJU.

We had our Cruise go into "Inventory review" It was the Easter Navigator March 30 2018 sailing. The 2 cruises before it were also flagged and the one after. It was like that for a month or so. People would call and the agents said the same thing "I can see cabins available" Then one day it showed back up. We found out they were repricing the itinerary. But who really knows.

I have a cruise booked (Freedom) for August 4, 2018 next year, in the last few days it's showing "sold out" RCI has no idea what's going on with it but when reservations are pulled up they are showing cabins available in inventory.

Basic question.....If this is a charter, how long does it take for RCI to notify you and what sort of compensation (if any) is offered?

The cruise just before July 28th is now off the books and was told it's closed for inventory.

I have a B2B booked (4th & 11th) and wondering if I should just go ahead and change my dates to the 18th & 25th since I am flexible and my preferred cabin is at this time showing available ?

I had this happen to my TA cruise. Shortly after booking it, the cruise came up as "sold out". A few weeks later, I got an email from Royal stating that my cruise had been canceled and that I could choose from two other TAs leaving around the same time. This was due to renovations that were planned for the ship which required her to go into dry dock. It would have been nice if Royal had planned better before selling cabins for a cruise which ended up having to be canceled, but according to other posters, this is not the first time this has happened.

I was offered $100 OBC for a non-suite cabin, along with price protection for an equal type cabin. Unfortunately, one of the choices of TAs did not have an equivalent cabin, so I chose the other one which did. Also, in the unfortunate department, I lost my OBC from the canceled cruise- so no double dipping in regards to OBC.

It would have been nice if Royal had planned better before selling cabins for a cruise which ended up having to be canceled,

and then you have a chorus of people complaining that RCI doesn't release sailings far enough in the future.

and then you have a chorus of people complaining that RCI doesn't release sailings far enough in the future.

Other cruise lines release their schedules much earlier than RCI....RCI just seems to always have problems...they can't even get their website functioning correctly...You would think their nothing more than a new start-up company trying to work out the glitches as they go along.

They should be a well oiled machine by now in all phases of their product that can adapt to changes smoothly with ease as well as clear timely communication...instilling confidence in their consumers.

JMHO on this Monday morning....I'll now put my tiny rarely used soapbox away. Peace Out ;):D

Other cruise lines release their schedules much earlier than RCI....RCI just seems to always have problems...they can't even get their website functioning correctly...You would think their nothing more than a new start-up company trying to work out the glitches as they go along.

They should be a well oiled machine by now in all phases of their product that can adapt to changes smoothly with ease as well as clear timely communication...instilling confidence in their consumers.

JMHO on this Monday morning....I'll now put my tiny rarely used soapbox away. Peace Out ;):D

Standing Ovationb3b644ad39f7cf5ec744c05509d05b5a.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Checked again this morning. Our cruise is now showing $0.00 for starting price and you can't access the cabin category list. July 28th is still completely gone off the booking engine.

Don't make anymore plans regarding this cruise. Wait to hear from Royal as to whether this is canceled or not. If it goes on sale again, then everything should be fine- mine never went back on sale, instead, it was canceled and Royal emailed all of the booked passengers individually inviting us to call a special number in order to either cancel our cruise and get a full refund of our deposit or rebook with one of the two choices open to us.