Cruise Sold Out One Year Out ??

I guess I'm in the same boat ( or not as the case may be). Just got off the phone with RCI regarding a Feb 10 2019 cruise on the Navigator I had booked when it 1st opened up. It has been showing sold out for 3 weeks now. After 20 minutes and a supervisor consult I was told this sailing was a "code red" which meant no further bookings were being allowed. He said it was either being chartered or repositioned but with a cruise on either side repositioning not likely. Also that I would be receiving an email sometime in the future with details. Could not say when which is a pain in the aft because I've always found room choices and prices are better further out. So its wait and see I guess. Hoping they give us a nice offer like others have described.

Checked again this morning. Our cruise is now showing $0.00 for starting price and you can't access the cabin category list. July 28th is still completely gone off the booking engine.

I've been checking too...Besides the Aug 4th I also have the Aug 11th booked (it's still open and active)....I wish RCI would decide because I don't want to do the 11th and the 18th...it's the same itinerary....Seriously considering jumping to Sept 8th & Sept 15th....actually much better price point and more than likely cheaper flights...I assume.

I've already purchased my (private) travel ins to make sure we have the pre existing inclusion .... Anyone know how that works if I have to change date ?

Other cruise lines release their schedules much earlier than RCI....RCI just seems to always have problems...they can't even get their website functioning correctly...You would think their nothing more than a new start-up company trying to work out the glitches as they go along.

They should be a well oiled machine by now in all phases of their product that can adapt to changes smoothly with ease as well as clear timely communication...instilling confidence in their consumers.

JMHO on this Monday morning....I'll now put my tiny rarely used soapbox away. Peace Out ;):D

Sometimes this works out to our advantage though. Like when they price GS cabins the same price as the JS cabins for a few hours when the sail date(s) for first released! ;p

I just noticed that our Brilliance sailing for 1/21/19 is showing as sold out. Also the 2/4/19 one. If this sailing is chartered it will be our third year in a row to get bumped from a Brilliance sailing.

You really know how to pick them.

I'm starting to think she has a friend (or friends) inside the company and is getting advance notice.:rolleyes:

Funny thing was we were talking when the itineraries were released trying to figure out what date that Brilliance sailing would be and I almost booked it on a whim. Maybe next year.

I'm starting to think she has a friend (or friends) inside the company and is getting advance notice.:rolleyes:

If I did I would pick a 7 day or longer one:halo:

Funny thing was we were talking when the itineraries were released trying to figure out what date that Brilliance sailing would be and I almost booked it on a whim. Maybe next year.

I was just going to email you and ask if you ever did book one of them.

Don't make anymore plans regarding this cruise. Wait to hear from Royal as to whether this is canceled or not. If it goes on sale again, then everything should be fine- mine never went back on sale, instead, it was canceled and Royal emailed all of the booked passengers individually inviting us to call a special number in order to either cancel our cruise and get a full refund of our deposit or rebook with one of the two choices open to us.

I'm not only a guest on the cruise, I'm also an agent. So I'm hoping that if/when they make some decision on what's going on with these 2 weeks, that I'll get notice even earlier than the average guest. I can wait it out since it's not for just over 13 months and no air is even available at this point.

I've been checking too...Besides the Aug 4th I also have the Aug 11th booked (it's still open and active)....I wish RCI would decide because I don't want to do the 11th and the 18th...it's the same itinerary....Seriously considering jumping to Sept 8th & Sept 15th....actually much better price point and more than likely cheaper flights...I assume.

I've already purchased my (private) travel ins to make sure we have the pre existing inclusion .... Anyone know how that works if I have to change date ?

I wouldn't do anything until we hear what the situation really turns out to be. If they did indeed charter it, then they will offer some sort of OBC and price protection for other weeks. I realize that you're doing a B2B and wanted to experience 2 different itineraries; it will be interesting to see what they offer if it is a charter.

I'd think that if it's a charter, they will price protect and offer OBC for the trouble. I'm pretty sure they will not offer you anything on the 2nd week of the B2B, so you would get a price protection for the first week, market rate for the other.

As for your insurance, don't worry. You simply contact the insurance company and tell them that the dates have changed due to a charter situation, and give them the new sail dates. If the price drops, you can even adjust your coverage and perhaps get a refund of the overage. You've locked in the policy to guarantee pre-existing coverage, so it's just a matter of making the necessary change notifications.

I'm lucky that as an agent, I have access to other insurance that provides the pre-existing waivers as long as you purchase before final payment. So I can wait it out at this point.

Yup, it's back on the calendar for booking. The week of July 28th, however, is still not back so that might end up being something.

I'm glad it's back, and pricing is the same as when it disappeared.

Thanks for all of the feedback!