$1 Deposit

LEtue

Got the following email and it may help others looking to book future cruises without a lot of expense now.

$1 DEPOSIT — TODAY ONLY!*Don’t miss out on our one day only offer! Book select sailings up to 11-Days or less plus all 2018 Alaska Land + Sea Journeys and your deposit is only $1! Book your cruise and journey through Alaska's calving glaciers or relax on the sun kissed beaches of the Caribbean. Wherever you decide to take your dream vacation your deposit is only $1!

Hurry — offer ends today!

Wonder if that is one of those non refundable deposit fares! ;p

On a more serious note, I wonder if final payment date is earlier than cruises booked with a FCD or larger deposit, OR if a another deposit/payment amount is required sometime after this $1 deposit but before final payment date.

Curious to hear feedback from anyone who books through this promo and what the "small print" stipulations are.

I can to ask the same question. What advantage would there be to a $1 deposit other than you did not have to money at the time? At first it sounded interesting then I thought it doesn't change the price at all it just let's you book it then pay later.

My TA just booked us with this $1 deposit. It includes the promo Ready, Set Sail. We were on the fence about the cruise so figured for $1 each why not! The cruise is in February and final payment is due December. Happy dance! (Need to tell my hubby I booked us :D )

My TA just booked us with this $1 deposit. It includes the promo Ready, Set Sail. We were on the fence about the cruise so figured for $1 each why not! The cruise is in February and final payment is due December. Happy dance! (Need to tell my hubby I booked us :D )

thanks for letting us know!

Coincidence or not, HALs website appears to be super messed up right now.

I wouldn't be surprised. My TA lives back east (a friend) so phoned right when HAL opened to book. They apparently have limited inventory for this $1 deposit so she wanted to book with the cabin we requested and she got it. I'm sure their website and phone lines are busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can to ask the same question. What advantage would there be to a $1 deposit other than you did not have to money at the time? At first it sounded interesting then I thought it doesn't change the price at all it just let's you book it then pay later.

Put $1 down, lock up today's rate, your cabin choice and decide later. Fully refundable and risk free . That's the advantage.

We booked today, too, with my Daughter and her Husband for a Carib get-away Cruise on the Kdam in February. Since we're not 100% sure if we can go and final pay isn't until December, it was a good opportunity to lock in two rooms together in the location that we want for a total of $4 with no risk! :)

We booked today, too, with my Daughter and her Husband for a Carib get-away Cruise on the Kdam in February. Since we're not 100% sure if we can go and final pay isn't until December, it was a good opportunity to lock in two rooms together in the location that we want for a total of $4 with no risk! :)

Perfect!!! I asked our adult kids if they wanted to come but neither are interested in Mexico. Oh well-hubby and I are going!

Perfect!!! I asked our adult kids if they wanted to come but neither are interested in Mexico.

I have to ask if either of them have been to Mexico. If not, I would say that they don't know what they're missing (IMHO)! ;):)

I have to ask if either of them have been to Mexico. If not, I would say that they don't know what they're missing (IMHO)! ;):)

Yes they both have several times. I just thought it would be a quick family trip but I think they're holding out for a Hawaii land vacation!