Lots of Labadee questions

shopnagain

As everyone says, Labadee is beautiful! OP, it looks like you will be on the Oasis, so if you would like to guarantee a chair with a shady spot, you'll want to get off the ship somewhat early. Columbus Cove is very nice and you can take the little transfer boat straight across to it after you get off the ship. On your way back, you'll be close to the tram that takes you back to the ship. It stops in various places so you can get off to explore.

For the person doing the wave rider, you may want to check Amazon for waterproof bags as I don't recall lockers. They shouldn't be very expensive.

Enjoy!!

I didn't know they had a transfer boat to Columbus Cove.

As everyone says, Labadee is beautiful! OP, it looks like you will be on the Oasis, so if you would like to guarantee a chair with a shady spot, you'll want to get off the ship somewhat early. Columbus Cove is very nice and you can take the little transfer boat straight across to it after you get off the ship. On your way back, you'll be close to the tram that takes you back to the ship. It stops in various places so you can get off to explore.

For the person doing the wave rider, you may want to check Amazon for waterproof bags as I don't recall lockers. They shouldn't be very expensive.

Enjoy!!

After a little search I found this, "The Columbus Cove Express is a tender boat that ferries cruise passengers from the cruise dock to the Columbus Cove area of Labadee. The boat ride is free and provides a nice water tour before arriving at the Cove. Wish I knew about this last time I was there.

there are some lockers .... I forget if they charged .... I'm sure they did. They are at the building where you take a little class b4 heading out on the PWCs

If they charge (and I'm sure they do) do they take bills or coins. Want to lock up stuff if I am in the water. Also is there a map of Labadee so I can get oriented before I arrive? Also how are the bathroom facilities?

Edited by bucky0926
Asked another question.

If they charge (and I'm sure they do) do they take bills or coins. Want to lock up stuff if I am in the water. Also is there a map of Labadee so I can get oriented before I arrive? Also how are the bathroom facilities?

The lockers are located around the area, one set by zip line, another by jet skis, and I do not know of any others.

Last summer it was around $8 and was charged to your sea pass.

You buy a locker "pass" code for the day and can use it anywhere.

Hard to explain, you just dont get the one locker ......but can use them at any location, just with the one time fee.

It works.

Enjoy, we did

Love Labadee

The lockers are located around the area, one set by zip line, another by jet skis, and I do not know of any others.

Last summer it was around $8 and was charged to your sea pass.

You buy a locker "pass" code for the day and can use it anywhere.

Hard to explain, you just dont get the one locker ......but can use them at any location, just with the one time fee.

It works.

Enjoy, we did

Love Labadee

Since I'm not planning on doing any excursions I was wondering if there are any lockers that any one knows about at Columbus Cove?

• 3 weeks later...

The beach at Columbus Cove is sandy -- no water shoes necessary, unless you'd wear water shoes to ANY beach no matter what. (There's always the risk of the occasional/rare sharp stone or shell, but for the most part it's just sand.)

No lockers at Columbus Cove that I'm aware of. If you're really concerned about locking things up, I'd get a http://www.kyssbags.com/ that you can lock to the chair. Someone could still steal the whole chair, but it would be unlikely for someone to lug the chair with the bag attached without garnering a lot of attention.

With that being said, I've never felt concerned for my stuff anywhere on Labadee. I usually have my cell phone (for photos) and my Kindle in my bag, and a few dollars in cash for buying a trinket from the vendors.

While there's always the chance of an unscrupulous individual pawing through random bags, the overwhelming majority of the people at Labadee are just like you -- people on vacation. Because it's a private area with limited access by the locals, it's not like going to a public beach back home, where homeless people, drug addicts, and common crooks are loitering about looking for an easy score.

RCI employees wear their uniforms, and the local vendors in the straw market area are not allowed in the beach area at all, so either would be glaringly conspicuous reaching into a beach bag on a lounge chair.

There is no need for large amounts of cash or any need at all for credit cards, so the only real "valuable" that most people will have is a cell phone and/or camera. Put it in the bottom of your bag, put a towel on top, zip it up, and relax and enjoy your time in the water.

If you are interested in locking up your things I can also suggest a safe called safego (you can get it on amazon). We bought one for my son for sleepaway camp over 10 years ago and have since inherited it. It works great (its the older model without the key-this one just has a combination). We put money, passports, seacards, cell phones in it with no issues. It is not big enough for my sony dsc hx200v or my kindle. We lock it to both chairs because as stated above someone would look suspicious dragging 2 chairs down the beach. Then we can both go in the water without a worry. My kindle is over 4 years old so if someone wants that they are welcome to it and I never bring my bridge camera to the beach because I don't need sand getting in it.

If you are interested in locking up your things I can also suggest a safe called safego (you can get it on amazon). We bought one for my son for sleepaway camp over 10 years ago and have since inherited it. It works great (its the older model without the key-this one just has a combination). We put money, passports, seacards, cell phones in it with no issues. It is not big enough for my sony dsc hx200v or my kindle. We lock it to both chairs because as stated above someone would look suspicious dragging 2 chairs down the beach. Then we can both go in the water without a worry. My kindle is over 4 years old so if someone wants that they are welcome to it and I never bring my bridge camera to the beach because I don't need sand getting in it.

That's a very good idea! I will look into that!!

There are going to be about 10 or more in my group. Some of us just want to relax in a cabana and others are talking about ziplining, parasailing, dragon coaster etc. So basically I'm thinking of reserving one cabana or bungalow and it could be a central point for our group. Is the entire area easily walkable or easy to get to by the tram? I don't want to get a bungalow, say at Columbus Cove and it be too far away for our group to get to after doing their various activities. I know the max people in a bungalow or cabana is 6 or 8, but I seriously doubt all of us will be there at one time. Is this going to be an issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Bring a couple of dollars for the locals. I traveled with my mom and the first time I was there we were told we only needed our sea pass card. The locals set up 2 chairs for us and ushered us over, we did not ask them to, and then they just stood very close waiting for a tip for an extended period of time. It was very awkward and we wished we had brought some tip money.

Much better when I went with my husband and children. A couple of dollars made the whole day!

• 1 month later...

i bought great "locks" for each family going on our July cruise. Your cell and money can fir into the lock, and it attaches to your chair. check Amazon travel accessories.

• 2 months later...
Can we swim at Adrenaline beach while other members go ziplining? Gary

Yes, you can. You can watch them come in on the zip line. It is very rocky though so if you want to swim there, bring water shoes! I cut my foot on a rock there. I still have the scar!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell me where these are located? I'm interested but I don't want it near the beach near the zip line took rocky!

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

quote=heatheranderson13;51861935]If you want the cover and a dedicated more private area then u pay the 45$.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just did a Harmony cruise and did the clamshell chairs and zipline (for my son's). At the time of our cruise the clamshell chairs were $45 (per clamshell of two chairs) and the zipline was $98.50. However, there were several Cruise Planner sales on and off before we went and I was able to get the clamshell chairs for $38.00 and the zipline for $71.50.

I believe the clamshell chairs are on Adrenaline Beach...the zipline goes right by out over the water. The clamshells were nice. There are plenty of free chairs on Labadee, but shade was somewhat limited. I wanted to make sure we had a place to not sit out and just roast....so paying the $$ for the clamshells was worth it.

We just did a Harmony cruise and did the clamshell chairs and zipline (for my son's). At the time of our cruise the clamshell chairs were $45 (per clamshell of two chairs) and the zipline was $98.50. However, there were several Cruise Planner sales on and off before we went and I was able to get the clamshell chairs for $38.00 and the zipline for $71.50.

I believe the clamshell chairs are on Adrenaline Beach...the zipline goes right by out over the water. The clamshells were nice. There are plenty of free chairs on Labadee, but shade was somewhat limited. I wanted to make sure we had a place to not sit out and just roast....so paying the $$ for the clamshells was worth it.

This will be my first cruise on RCI. When should I look for those on Cruise Planner for best prices?

This will be my first cruise on RCI. When should I look for those on Cruise Planner for best prices?

You might want to check today. I saw on one board that there was a Cruise Planner sale going on now for certain sailings.

For our cruise, I would literally go on there a couple times a week to check on prices for stuff (we booked about five months out from our sailing date). However, I was really excited to go on our trip and checking Cruise Planner, message boards, excursion reviews, etc. just helped me pass the time until our date. A couple times I got lucky and got some better prices on stuff.

If you want the cover and a dedicated more private area then u pay the 45$.

Those clamshells are $45.00 pp so $90.00....we got a nice spot

With all day shade it was well worth it. Tip if you buy a beer bag on board bring it to Labadee the will load it up with ice and beers.We forgot ours on board and I thought the beers were a bit warm.

Right now, through midnight 20 Aug, the zip line is on sale for $76 per person (reg price is $95) and the clamshell 'beach lounger for two' is on sale for $36 per person (reg price is $45).

Right now, through midnight 20 Aug, the zip line is on sale for $76 per person (reg price is $95) and the clamshell 'beach lounger for two' is on sale for $36 per person (reg price is $45).

Those clamshells are $45.00 pp so $90.00....we got a nice spot

With all day shade it was well worth it. Tip if you buy a beer bag on board bring it to Labadee the will load it up with ice and beers.We forgot ours on board and I thought the beers were a bit warm.

It's $45 for two people in a Clam Shell, not per person, reserve only 1 Clam Shell.