Can cruise lines change Port of Embarkation without allowing cancelling?

bananawindnj

And specifically an attempt to retain FUTURE business. Since we're talking about FCC, that business is technically already retained. It is the business after that that generous offers are aimed at.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Can they change the original port of embarkation and still hold you to the contract? I know they can change ports and itinerary without an argument, But when they change the origin, one should be allowed to cancel even in the normal cancellation period, within a short period after being notified by the cruise line. Most airlines will not change destinations or flight times without charging penalties, which I can deal with to a degree.

Please do not make this a discussion about insurance! This is not an insurance question I am asking. I am not asking for any opinions or advice about insurance. I have bought it for our family of 6 to leave from Puerto Rico on Thanksgiving week. Getting reasonable flight rates and times to a Florida port would be practically impossible at this point in time, especially for the six of us.. if the port was changed.

Everyone will go off topic. A simple yes or no to the original question I asked would be great.

Just an aside. At this time no one has any idea what is going to happen with San Jaun in the next 8 weeks. Recovery is just beginning. Give the parties involved at least a week or 10 days to determine the status of the island's infrastructure.

And specifically an attempt to retain FUTURE business. Since we're talking about FCC, that business is technically already retained. It is the business after that that generous offers are aimed at.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

And an attempt to attract new customers- people do pay attention to how the cruise lines treat their existing customers which may influence their decision to sail with them (a la my remarks about HAL a couple posts up).

And an attempt to attract new customers- people do pay attention to how the cruise lines treat their existing customers which may influence their decision to sail with them (a la my remarks about HAL a couple posts up).
True, though a lot less than in the past, and a lot less than they should. It seems like many customers are quick to jump at whatever opportunities to pay less that they can find, even if it leaves them in a situation where they're stuck in Florida after sitting through a timeshare sales pitch, with the timeshare seller having no discounted cruise to give them to go on.

True, though a lot less than in the past, and a lot less than they should. It seems like many customers are quick to jump at whatever opportunities to pay less that they can find, even if it leaves them in a situation where they're stuck in Florida after sitting through a timeshare sales pitch, with the timeshare seller having no discounted cruise to give them to go on.

Yep, I fell for that once in my younger days (didn't involve a cruise) and if I even sense "time share" anywhere in any proposition I run for the hills.

Reports are that the airport is open today for relief flights, and they will commence commercial flights tomorrow or the day after.

It would not surprise me if one, or both port locations are open within days. The question will be getting a berth, organizing the facilities and the staff required for embarkation. Plus the pre cruise hotel issue.

The bigger question is do you want to do this and/or will the airline and cruise line give you any alternative options even if they can honour your reservations.