Getting very nervous

Birdie1410

Please tell me you are not sharing room with them.

Getting to the ship for embarkation is the least of your worries. What are you going to do when they are being lolly-gagers on the island? I hope they have hefty credit cards. I'll have to agree, going on a cruise with my boss would be the last thing I would do, unless they were paying. Then I would still not share a room with them. It's nice to be coworkers as work, but we are all different people without our makeup on. Agree with others, get their on your own. You can meet up at sail away for a drink, etc. Good luck, happy sailing!

Look, you are not your brothers (or boss/coworkers) keeper, these are grown women that will get there when they get there. Why are you stressing out about what others do??? Get yourself to the port when you WANT to, get settled in, have some lunch and probably a drink from the sounds of it!!! No way am I going to be responsible for a grown person that is completely capable.

I guess I sounded a bit like a raving lunatic. lol The problem is we are riding together. As to anything else, I am gonna take the back seat and play my games or read a book.

If your boss paid for this cruise and you are getting "rewarded" from work, then it sounds like you are screwed.

No, thankfully, we each paid our own way. I am listening to the other posters and just may leave for port by myself, sit by the pool with a cool...something. lol

Please tell me you are not sharing room with them.

Getting to the ship for embarkation is the least of your worries. What are you going to do when they are being lolly-gagers on the island? I hope they have hefty credit cards. I'll have to agree, going on a cruise with my boss would be the last thing I would do, unless they were paying. Then I would still not share a room with them. It's nice to be coworkers as work, but we are all different people without our makeup on. Agree with others, get their on your own. You can meet up at sail away for a drink, etc. Good luck, happy sailing!

We are not doing all excursions together, hooray!! We are doing a couple things together. Yup, staying in same cabin. lol Still thinking it's gonna be fun (may slip one of the a half-valium! JK, jk, jk).

You must really like your boss. My boss is the LAST person I would want to spend my vacation with.

Actually, she's quite a sweetie, just always late. She's very kind and generous person and we were friends before she became my boss. It's the late thing drives me bonkers at times.

Ok, thanks all for your responses! I admit it, I was having a "stress out" moment. It's over now....I think.;) but I do thank you all for your advice. I told my hubs about going to port without them. He likes the idea of the 2 of us going the night before so he can see me off.;):* Then the other 2 ladies can get there when they get there and I will be finding a spot in the shade. lol

I agree with most of the others. I'd tell them that you have faster to the fun, that your pulling out at such and such a time to be there at the earliest check in time, to get on the ship, and get a drink and some lunch, and start your vacation. And then I'd tell them that they are welcomed to join you.

Ok, thanks all for your responses! I admit it, I was having a "stress out" moment. It's over now....I think.;) but I do thank you all for your advice. I told my hubs about going to port without them. He likes the idea of the 2 of us going the night before so he can see me off.;):* Then the other 2 ladies can get there when they get there and I will be finding a spot in the shade. lol

That is a perfect excuse so there are no hard feelings about taking your own car. Even a four hour ride the day of would stress me out. I like the to get there the day before and not worry about anything. You can ride back with them after the cruise. With FTTF, the time listed does not mean anything, they just have to put a time in somewhere. I boarded the Vista about 11:00 with FTTF and walked right to my room, dropped off my carry on and began my vacation. Have a great cruise.

Sounds like an A+ solution from an A+ hubby. Have a great cruise.

BINGO! Great solution. :D

As far as the "being in contact" on the ship...just tell each other what your plans for the day are, and where you're likely to be, and if they need you, they will find you! It's not as hard as you think to find each other. You will probably meet for meals, and you'll run into each other in the cabin ,etc......Don't worry about texting and such...it's simply not needed.

Why not Go down the night before and spend the night!! No way I would travel 3 or more hours to my Port on Sailing Day. Too many things can go wrong when driving...( Accident,..Car breaks Down...Police Etc:(.) Just Reserve a Hotel with Parking or park on your own and not worry about missing the Boat.:)

Hope This Helps

Mike

Mpdog42

BIngo!

I'd book the room, saying I got a good deal to extend my vacation, tell them they are welcome to leave with me the day before if they want to car pool. Often you can get a sleep and park deal that makes the room next to free when compared to the price of parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a great way for you to be able to arrive and board when you want and lesson the stress of someone who is always late. Enjoy your cruise.

People who are late drive me crazy too. Honey, you and I together would probably drive them crazy. If I'm not early, i think I'm late. I like the going the night before idea. Tell them you decided to treat yourself to a hotel with a pool prior to the cruise and you all can meet up on the boat in the XYZ Bar or other agreed upon area. That way you have peace of mind and they aren't offended. I did a group cruise with my sisters and their daughters last year. I was odd ball out. I took meals alone sometimes and excursions alone. I was out of sorts about it at the time but if we do this again, I'll know the plan. I will plan accordingly. All that alone time was not so bad after all. :)

Have lots of fun!

If it's a 4 hour drive with no problems, and one wants to work for a few hours the day of the cruise..............as I posted earlier, if they arrive after 2pm there may not be any porters to hand off their luggage. The porters go home and your friend and boss may have to lug their luggage on board. Are they aware of this? I think they are nuts:eek::eek: They also must be on board by 3 pm or will not be able to sail. They are cutting things way too close. I'm nervous for you!!

I travel with someone who is always late 😣 I try and tell them we have to be places 30 min before we do so we will be on time 😉

Also the night before a port I try and get them ready, so we can walk right off 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Great idea! Enjoy your cruise!

Since you are sharing a room together, bring either a small white board and dry erase marker or post its to tell each other where you might be found. I made my kids do this, and if my DH and I decide to split up for a bit, we know were to find each other. You can find both at the dollar store or maybe you even already have.

Have a blast. I wish I were cruising sooner than later.

Something else to point out to your coworkers is what happens if you get a flat along the way or the engine burns out - What if you are stuck in traffic - Our last vacation we got stuck in 3 different traffic backups that ended up causing a 4 hour delay - If you leave at 8 although you may be cutting it close you would still have options if something happens along the way

I would go with hubbies idea get a room the night before - if your friends don't show up awesome for you - you get your own room