Is There Any Way To Print O Luggage Tags At Home?

kitty9

Our lovely post office has lost our documents and we're without luggage tags for our upcoming Riviera cruise. We ship our luggage so the tags need to be ON the luggage when we ship them out, which is tomorrow. Is there anywhere on O's website that allows the printing of luggage tags? I've been working with our TA for at least a week, and nothing is forthcoming.

No way to print luggage tags. Subject has come up before, that some other lines do have that feature. But Oceania tags are only available in the mailed cruise package.

Well, that stinks. Don't know what we'll do with the shipped bags and no luggage tags.

Well, that stinks. Don't know what we'll do with the shipped bags and no luggage tags.

Start by relaxing. The Oceania luggage tag includes passenger name, room number, date of cruise, and name of ship. As long as you include the same information found on the official luggage tag, the luggage handlers will be able to cope with your home made version. Of course it's always a good idea to tuck a full itinerary in an outer pocket that can't lock.

Just take a piece of cardboard and use a waterproof marker to hand write the required information. Attach to your luggage as you would any other luggage tag.

I went looking for a post showing someone's home made luggage tag from an earlier thread on this topic. I didn't find that but I did find the results of a search that Jim and Stan, a reliable poster, did back in March 2014. I've attached a picture of an official luggage tag which confirms everything I've already said.

1355947069_OceaniaLuggageTags.jpg.d4ef8899f6e851f034d543fc84de8677.jpg

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Our lovely post office has lost our documents and we're without luggage tags for our upcoming Riviera cruise... I've been working with our TA for at least a week, and nothing is forthcoming.

May I gently point out that it may be time to consider a new TA before you book your next cruise. At the least, consider sharing your concerns with this board sooner.

This topic has come up often enough that the information about making your own tag has been tested and verified. Your TA should know what is on an official Oceania luggage tag and should have shared that with you the first time you spoke with her.

Thank you everyone for the GREAT suggestions. I will make tags with all the pertinent information and attach those to the luggage.

Sounds like a good plan! Do hope you consider changing TA's as only one that is clueless about Oceania would not have a proper answer for you in a week. This could have been solved in an hour (or less).

usually not a problem for most people as the porters at the dock have blank tags

Are you shipping your bags direct to the ship or to a hotel?

i would think the Luggage company could give you some ideas

We have hardsided cases so I could (if needed) make up a label with name & cabin number & tape it with clear tape to the side of the case covering the entire label so it does not ripped off in transit

I have never shipped bags do they put them in a box for transit or just take them as is ??

I seem to remember that someone on CC had created/posted a blank template of an Oceania tag, which could be filled in, printed and laminated. I suggest doing a search, or creating your own with a cut and paste O logo and other pertinent info (I.e., ship name, embarkation date, your name and cabin number). I can tell you that, at least, "B" cabins have a blue border. You could also call O and ask for a pdf of a blank (probably not going to happen). Lastly, if you're a memento fan and have kept previous O tags, "white out" or photoshop to "blank" and go from there.

usually not a problem for most people as the porters at the dock have blank tags

Are you shipping your bags direct to the ship or to a hotel?

i would think the Luggage company could give you some ideas

We have hardsided cases so I could (if needed) make up a label with name & cabin number & tape it with clear tape to the side of the case covering the entire label so it does not ripped off in transit

I have never shipped bags do they put them in a box for transit or just take them as is ??

I've been shipping my bags for years, literally all over the world. The only place I had a problem was in Australia where the local Custom's office held my bag for two weeks, but thankfully, I had shipped very early and there was time for Crystal's port agent to get them. The other place where you can run into problems is Mexico, where they charge you Custom's duty on your own clothing (can you believe that, so I don't ship to Mexico anymore).

UPS picks up the bags and ships them without a box. I use Luggage Concierge and they ship to their local agents who deliver the bags directly to the ship. The agent in Miami will deliver to both FLL and Miami ports and at the end of the cruise he picks them up right outside the terminal.

I've been shipping my bags for years, literally all over the world. The only place I had a problem was in Australia where the local Custom's office held my bag for two weeks, but thankfully, I had shipped very early and there was time for Crystal's port agent to get them. The other place where you can run into problems is Mexico, where they charge you Custom's duty on your own clothing (can you believe that, so I don't ship to Mexico anymore).

UPS picks up the bags and ships them without a box. I use Luggage Concierge and they ship to their local agents who deliver the bags directly to the ship. The agent in Miami will deliver to both FLL and Miami ports and at the end of the cruise he picks them up right outside the terminal.

Thanks for the explanation

Not something I have ever done so it is interesting to learn about this

Lyn

If you search on CC using Luggage Labels/Tags you should come up with some templates.

Earlier last year someone posted a template for Oceania tags and I had to use them & saved them but about 3 days later my Laptop died and I had not backed it up since printing the tags so lost it.

My cruise was Feb/March'15 - I think, so should be around that time. I do have a Power Point version but cannot get it to load here on CC.

Lyn, I will email them to you to try to load on CC.

Have received our Books/tags for our March/April cruises this year.:)

Rhonda

"I've been shipping my bags for years, literally all over the world. The only place I had a problem was in Australia where the local Custom's office held my bag for two weeks, but thankfully, I had shipped very early and there was time for Crystal's port agent to get them. "

That certainly solves the problem of last minute packing. Perhaps I should do this for all my travel.....I get everything else done and the packing always gets shuffled to the end. :-(

Mo

Edited by potterhill