photos of electrical plugs in stateroom

trbarton

On other Princess I found 2 European plugs plus American plugs. Are there no European plugs in the stateroom on the Caribbean princess like on other Princess ships?

Tom[emoji848]

Very few Princess ships have European plugs. I know that the Royal, Regal and Pacific do have European receptacles. It has also been posted that the Diamond has "universal" receptacles. Have not been on the Sun, Sea or Dawn but imagine they might have Australian receptacles. The Sapphire may have others but she mostly does charters and there is little posted. The Coral/Island and most Grand class ships only have U.S. receptacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[attach]398086[/attach]`

This plug is the same on most staterooms including inside ones.

That does not look like any receptacle I have seen on a Princess ship. I have only seen the arrangement posted by VibeGuy and other than the Sun, Sea and Dawn, the only other ships we haven't been on are the Diamond and Royal. What ship is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Tom,

I looked back at my pictures of the Caribbean Princess Inside Cabin that I had and I did not get any good shots that showed the outlets clearly, but I have attached a desk area shot so that you can see the location of the plugs. The desk plugs looked just like this picture that VIBEGUY posted for you. I also used a regular US style outlet that is on the wall behind the TV set. I do not remember for sure on this ship, but usually on the wall behind the beds they usually have a single European style outlet that one of the desk lamps plug into. I usually use an adapter and then plug in my old cell phone charger that I use as an alarm clock. Hope this helps a little.

Happy Cruising!!!

Mark

93247414_CaribbeanPrincessA740InsideCabinDesk.jpg.331a2f938d3b7f726e215fbb5f64bfd6.jpg

Very few Princess ships have European plugs.

I think every princess ship I have been on has the nightstand

lights plugged into european plugs.

(at least I haven't encountered one yet that doesn't)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51160133&postcount=21

Personally, I have only seen european plugs at the desk on

regal and royal, but I'm sure they are on others that don't

typically sail from norh america.

I think every princess ship I have been on has the nightstand

lights plugged into european plugs.

(at least I haven't encountered one yet that doesn't)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51160133&postcount=21

Personally, I have only seen european plugs at the desk on

regal and royal, but I'm sure they are on others that don't

typically sail from norh america.

Yes, there is that outlet under the bed. You would need a power strip if you still wanted to use the light. I was referring to outlets easily accessible at the desk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Yes, there is that outlet under the bed. You would need a power strip if you still wanted to use the light. I was referring to outlets easily accessible at the desk.

Something like this solves the problem of plugging in

the light, without needing a power strip.

https://www.amazon.com/CKITZE-BA-9-3P-Grounded-Universal-Adapter/dp/B00A17I1VW/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1478909173&sr=8-1&keywords=CKITZE+BA-9-3P

So many people ask -- how do I get an extension cord to run

my cpap, I wonder why this isn't more common.

...as long as your device is happy on 220 volts.

Something like this solves the problem of plugging in

the light, without needing a power strip.

https://www.amazon.com/CKITZE-BA-9-3P-Grounded-Universal-Adapter/dp/B00A17I1VW/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1478909173&sr=8-1&keywords=CKITZE+BA-9-3P

So many people ask -- how do I get an extension cord to run

my cpap, I wonder why this isn't more common.

...as long as your device is happy on 220 volts.

I have those adapters for European Schuko, Italian and U.K. sockets. It is nice to have the two outlets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

This looks good: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_sb_27?tag=davidmross-20&link_code=wsw&_encoding=UTF-8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Poweradd+3-Outlet+Power+Strip+5ft+Extension&Submit.x=12&Submit.y=15&Submit=Go It's the first one listed: "Poweradd 3-Outlet Power Strip 5ft Extension Cord with 3 Smart USB Ports" - don't let the USB ports for.... fool you. You can use any type of device with the USB ports

This looks good: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_sb_27?tag=davidmross-20&link_code=wsw&_encoding=UTF-8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Poweradd+3-Outlet+Power+Strip+5ft+Extension&Submit.x=12&Submit.y=15&Submit=Go It's the first one listed: "Poweradd 3-Outlet Power Strip 5ft Extension Cord with 3 Smart USB Ports" - don't let the USB ports for.... fool you. You can use any type of device with the USB ports

Surge Protector!!! Not allowed!!!

The bottom line is that ships AC power and grounding systems are wired differently than land-side (wye vs delta, for engineering geeks), and surge protectors ARE dangerous and prohibited. If you look in the "safety" section of the numerous boarding docs that we all get in personalizer to download and agree to, there is a statement there. In simplified terms- when plugged into ships' wiring systems, devices within surge protectors known as MOVs can overheat, melt, and start a fire, vs cutting off current as they would on land-based power grids.

So... a simple power strip without surge protection. If you see anything about "joules of protection" it has a surge protector.