Just hope I did the right thing

Doughnut Dolly

I am going on a cruise in Nov. We were booked into an aft cabin on vista deck with a big balcony. I was just able to grade up to a C1 Concerige room on Sky deck, although it has a smaller balcony. My TA says the perks in a Concerige outweight the smaller balcony. It is still an aft cabin. If you've had Concerige is it worth the trade I made. Thanks

If I am correct in guessing..........if you had a larger aft balcony, and were told that Concierge had a smaller balc. but still aft..........and if you are on an M class ship.........it sounds like you must have had a corner family ocean view. If that is so.............in my opinion, I would not give up the FOV. I love the incredible balcony. the only cabin with a larger one is the Penthouse suite! I could do without the concierge perks. I spend many hours on my balcony, especially on sea days, so I would not give that up for anything!

I would not give up an aft cabin for anything. The fact that most afts on M class (all but the fv's) are also CC is just icing on the cake. But I'd keep the fv before going anywhere else that wasn't aft.

Can you please tell us ship and cabin numbers?

Sorry about that. The ship is the Solstice, we went from SV 8344 to CC 1409. The balcony is a bit smaller on the concerige, but the perks are alot more . The room is the same size, the balcony was a bit bigger on the SV ,but I hope I did the right thing. Opinions please!!!! Both are aft

Just comparing those two I would say you might enjoy the CC perks so it would be worth it. Personally I don't care for aft cabins on the S-Class ships unless they are on the Resort Deck because the balconies are open to viewing from people above you and the balconies are very hot because they are not covered except for about 12 inches. If there were a CC cabin on the angle that would be the best.

Don't see much advantage to what you did. Sorry. The perks in CC are minimal in our eyes. ANd as stated those aft cabins aren't as nice as the ones on the m class ships. Now if you could upgrade to Aqua class....perfect.

Either way...you'll have a fantastic cruise!

Just to make you aware, in moving from 8344 to 1409 you will now have the narrowest of the aft balconies whereas 8344 is the widest. Here's a picture:

Based on this view of the aft and judging only on balcony sizes, I group the aft C1s in 3 categories. Check the width of the balcony wall on either side of the cabin door.

genericEQaft-vi.jpg

Widest balconies:

2152, 1674, 1206, 9382

Mid-sized balconies:

2157, 1676, 1670, 1407, 1208, 1202, 9303, 9307, 9378

Smallest balconies:

1672, 1668, 1405, 1409, 1204, 1200, 9301, 9305, 9380, 9376

Your choices all have about the same size balcony. We were in 1204 and know that it was noticeably smaller than 1202 and significantly smaller than 1208. The smallest balconies are not bad, it's just that the difference in the three sizes is just noticeable. I would pick 9380 as it is closer to the center but any of the three would be good cabins.

You have the CC perks and a footstool for each chair which you wouldn't have in an SV.

I have deliberated and fallen out of love with the aft balconies on Equinox (Resort Deck is ok as mentioned by Ma Bell above) because of the minimal cover and the issue I had with soot at times. Not all of the time, but enough for me to reconsider doing them again on this class of ship.

Phil

Thanks for all your help. I did realize that the balcony was going to be smaller, but my thinking was that the perks of concerige off set the smaller balcony. My sister and I usually only go out on the balcony in the evening and have a glass of wine or first thing in the morning for coffee. So I'm thinking I made the right choice for us, I do love those perks.

Same cc perks on all the ship. But on M class at least you get a bigger balcony than others.

The m class is still I think my dh's favorite. And I DO like the mdr's better on the m class. Not at all impressed with the decorating or location (no aft windows) of the mdr's on s class. But that's just me.

I took everyone's advice and was able to switch to a C1 with a huge balcony with no problem. Now, I have the best of all worlds, large balcony and cc perks...it doesn't get any better than that. Thanks everyone

Check the sticky for your cabin or just do a search for the cabin #. S class ships are famous for a soot problem in aft balconies. I would not want an aft cabin on S class but love them on M class. I would look at the Concierge2 coming off the hump. It has a large balcony and no soot. Search 9241 and the list will come up of the cabins with the largest balconies. You can get one facing toward the back of the ship. Just my thoughts.

I took everyone's advice and was able to switch to a C1 with a huge balcony with no problem. Now, I have the best of all worlds, large balcony and cc perks...it doesn't get any better than that. Thanks everyone

That's great! Enjoy:)

Just comparing those two I would say you might enjoy the CC perks so it would be worth it. Personally I don't care for aft cabins on the S-Class ships unless they are on the Resort Deck because the balconies are open to viewing from people above you and the balconies are very hot because they are not covered except for about 12 inches. If there were a CC cabin on the angle that would be the best.

I am stayng in stateroom #9300 on the Solstice this September.

Im concerned that this room is next to the hump. Does anyone

have any info on this room?

I would suggest you do a search of the boards for this room # and/or start a new post with the room # in the title - I doubt you will get many replies otherwise. Just trying to help:)

My concern would be that the four angled balconies will be able to see onto your balcony. People on those balconies can see all the way down the side of the ship and with 9300 being so close you may feel a lack of privacy.

Hi Dolly !

I think you've made a very good decision. Enjoy your Cruise !

Sorry about that. The ship is the Solstice, we went from SV 8344 to CC 1409. The balcony is a bit smaller on the concerige, but the perks are alot more . The room is the same size, the balcony was a bit bigger on the SV ,but I hope I did the right thing. Opinions please!!!! Both are aft

First off, I am not a fan of CC cabins especially on the Solstice Class ships since all the room and balconies are pretty much the same size and I find the benefits for CC cabins to be superficial. I would check and see what the price is to upgrade to Aqua Class assuming you only have two people traveling and see if any of the hump cabins are free. Many of them have large balconies and the benefits are much more tangible in AQ especially the restaurant BLU..Its like eating in a specialty restaurant every night and it comes with the cabin..

Same cc perks on all the ship. But on M class at least you get a bigger balcony than others.

The balconies are a little bigger- from 38 to 42 sq ft - but the rooms are noticably larger - 170 to 191 sq ft - which is a nice perk.

• 4 weeks later...
I would suggest you do a search of the boards for this room # and/or start a new post with the room # in the title - I doubt you will get many replies otherwise. Just trying to help:)

thank you for your suggestion. Im new to the boards, and am feeling my way around it.

Archived