Dining at The Cove In Port Canaveral

Any suggestions of a fun place to take the family to eat the day before our cruise? I've been looking at a waterfront restaurant. Fishlips looks fun, but doesn't seem to get very good reviews. Just looking for ideas from those who have had a chance to try them out.

Thanks

Just a bit down from Fishlips is Rusty's Seafood and Oyster Bar. They have outdoor seating available with a great view of the channel for watching the ships sail out if you can have an early dinner. (You do need to get there a bit early to get good seating.)

We've enjoyed eating there the day before our cruise. Watching the ships sail by helps to set the mood.

Any suggestions of a fun place to take the family to eat the day before our cruise? I've been looking at a waterfront restaurant. Fishlips looks fun, but doesn't seem to get very good reviews. Just looking for ideas from those who have had a chance to try them out.

Thanks

We've been to Fishlips about a half-dozen times and enjoyed it every time.

My personal favorite is Grills. Large outdoor area on the channel and windowed indoor section with great views of the channel. Food is quite good and is always lively on the weekends. Live entertainment outdoors.

I think we ate at a place called Seafood Atlantic. real good shimp and a unique place to watch the ships sail away. Have fun!

I second this spot. The food and service were great, without the crowds of the bigger places.

Eric

We ate at Rusty's as well. Unfortunately, DH is a slowpoke and we missed the sailaways on Saturday afternoon. Oh well...

We have another chance to get it right in about 6 weeks. :cool:

I would choose Rustys, Grills. Or one of my favorite places is Millikins Reef. Awesome food. Live bands 2 outside bars with plenty of seating outside. You can't go wrong here. Fish lips would not be anywhere I would choose. Food has a lot to be desired. We eat at the cove all the time since I live accross the street from there.

I would choose Rustys, Grills. Or one of my favorite places is Millikins Reef. Awesome food. Live bands 2 outside bars with plenty of seating outside. You can't go wrong here. Fish lips would not be anywhere I would choose. Food has a lot to be desired. We eat at the cove all the time since I live accross the street from there.

Are all the ones you suggested in a good location to watch the ships? We are a group ranging in age 4-65. Any place you may not recommend with kids?

My favorite is Milliken's Reef. It's very closeby (walking distance) from Fishlips, Grills and Rusty's.

They have a nicer indoor dining area as well as an outdoor area where they have nightly live bands, music etc. They also have a deck on the channel that is excellent for shipwatching. Our personal favorite place in PC.

My personal favorite is Grills. Large outdoor area on the channel and windowed indoor section with great views of the channel. Food is quite good and is always lively on the weekends. Live entertainment outdoors.

We love Grills! We have eaten there everytime we have gone to the Orlando/Cape Canaveral area. Once was our cruise out of Port Canaveral and the other two times were trips to Walt Disney World. We got a rental car and drove to Cape Canaveral just to watch the ships from Grills. Great food and great atmosphere. And my kids were 6 and 4 when we took them there, they LOVED it!!

Grills is our fav! I love the bacon wrapped scallops. It is such a fun place with the music playing outside and everyone is in a party mood. Sometimes on their website there is info about discounts, i.e. with a hotel key or out of state license.

Take a look at the menu. I am sure you will find something you like.

Are all the ones you suggested in a good location to watch the ships? We are a group ranging in age 4-65. Any place you may not recommend with kids?

All of them are right on the channel with great views of the ships sailing away.

Another vote for Grills! We were there last June for our cruise out of PC. Great atmosphere, bartender was friendly and heavy handled:D and the food was really good. We were there twice the night before and night after the cruise.

Thanks

If you don't mind going into Cocoa Beach, the Sunset Grill is very good and right on the Intercoastal. We love it!

Thanks everyone, I am now leaning towards Grills. I like that the menu also has kid friendly food. Will give them a call later this week and see if they take reservations as we are a larger group.

What time on Saturdays is the best to watch the action of the ships?

The only one at the port that I wouldn't recommend is Fishlips. It just isn't as good as it used to be.

Grills - good food, location. Only drawback is if you sit outside and are not at a table along the water or behind the bar the music can be loud to the point that you can't have a conversation while eating.

Milikens - good food, location, has a sand beach that the kids can play in (inside the outdoor patio) - drawback same as grills but in my opinion they have more outdoor seating that is away from the music.

Rusty's - last time I was there the food was good.

Atlantic Seafood - a little hidden gem at the port.

If you like BBQ - across from grills is a little seafood shop and bbq restaurant. Good food, excellent smoked fish dip. Eat and then walk over to the boat ramp and watch the ships.

Thanks everyone, I am now leaning towards Grills. I like that the menu also has kid friendly food. Will give them a call later this week and see if they take reservations as we are a larger group.

What time on Saturdays is the best to watch the action of the ships?

We like to be there no later than 4:00pm to watch the ships. Grills starts to get busy shortly after that.

Tim

IMHO, Grills has the best food - no competition. All other restaurants are OK and have a great view of the cruise ships sailing out of the Port. Hope you find a great table, relax and enjoy the sights in Port Canaveral.

We like to be there no later than 4:00pm to watch the ships. Grills starts to get busy shortly after that.

Tim

Definitely no later than 4pm if you want a good table. A lot of the "locals" enjoy watching the ships leave, so it can be busy!

Sherri:)

All of them will be fine for kids and adults. But if I were you I would be there before 4. By then it's usually packed. Get there early there is a boat ramp beside grills watch people come in for the day. It can be very entertaining. All have live bands on sat and sun afternoons. As some said milikeens reef has a sand area and a few areas away from the band so it's not as loud. You will be able to see the ships from all of them. Oh if you look at the menu online for milikeens reef I don't think you will see the menu for outside. Different menu than inside. Outside will have have the burgers, sandwiches and things like that. Inside is a little more upscale.

Archived