Find Itineraries with more than X ports OR less than X sea days

jb1677

I am looking for a way to find itineraries for a given time frame that meet a minimum number of port days or have no more than a set number of sea days. I have looked at individual lines websites and while their search engines are ok none seem to have a way to filter based on number of port's (or limit sea days).

I started simply looking at ALL itineraries for a given month and noting the ones that meet my criteria but moving between lines and months is proving to be more difficult than anticipated.

Has anyone ever seen a search criteria like this anywhere? (Our goal is a 7 day with no or only 1 sea day - departure port, line, and even dates are VERY flexible!!). It seems like "Number of ports" or "Number of sea days" should be a simple criteria to use for a search!!!

I don't think you can filter that way. Best is to look at types of itineraries that are port intensive. For instance, cruises from San Juan have fewer sea days. Carnival used to run a cruise from there with NO sea days, but then the dropped to one sea day. There are Med. cruises with few sea days. HAL had 12 day cruises with only one sea day. If price is also flexible, there are smaller lines in the Caribbean in winter that have port intensive cruises, such as Windstar, Star Clippers...

You might go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and search by departure port, destination ports, cruise line/ship, etc. EM

It may depend on the itinerary sometimes it just takes longer to get from 1 port to another so more sea days are involved

I have not seen any search engines that you can be that specific

Med & Greek Island cruises are often port intensive

Some Baltic cruises are also

Good luck in your quest

We have never seen a data base that is that specific. However, if you post the part of the world you want to cruise we might be able to give you some ideas. For example, if you want a short port intensive cruise (with no more then 1 sea day) consider a Southern Caribbean cruise that departs from San Juan. If you want the maximum number of sea days then consider a Transpacific cruise. If you want a short port intensive cruise in Europe there are many options depending on where you want to cruise.

Hank

Look for cruises from Barbados, St. Maartin (both Philipsburg and Marigot) as well as San Juan. Look at Star Clippers, Seabourn, Windstar, SeaDream Some of them overnight in a port or visit two ports in a day. And visit small islands the big girls can't. For the Med., on the other end of the budget, try Celestyal Cruises (used to be Louis Lines). they have cruises with 8-9 ports in 7 days. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thanks for the replies - I should have caveat-ed a bit more: I am most certainly looking Caribbean (need a blue sea and white sand fix!) and major lines (Carnival, RCCL, Princess, NCL, Celebrity) - not sure the smaller/boutique lines are in budget.

My method so far is setting the departure port to San Juan since it seems to be the most conducive to low sea days but I started to think there MUST be some other departure port on a major line that does this in the Caribbean (but I suppose there very well may not!)

We have done southern/eastern itineraries from SJ with ZERO or one sea day quite a few times on different lines - was just looking to branch out but still be port intensive.

Thanks for the replies - I should have caveat-ed a bit more: I am most certainly looking Caribbean (need a blue sea and white sand fix!) and major lines (Carnival, RCCL, Princess, NCL, Celebrity) - not sure the smaller/boutique lines are in budget.

My method so far is setting the departure port to San Juan since it seems to be the most conducive to low sea days but I started to think there MUST be some other departure port on a major line that does this in the Caribbean (but I suppose there very well may not!)

We have done southern/eastern itineraries from SJ with ZERO or one sea day quite a few times on different lines - was just looking to branch out but still be port intensive.

With your further requirements, I think you are pretty much stuck with either San Juan or Barbados as a departure point. First off, the "major lines" tend to depart from ports with highly developed infrastructure, and with the ability to get large numbers of passengers in and out. That kills a ton of islands in the Caribbean. Now turn to geography - pull up Google Earth (or an old print atlas). Ports of Florida and Texas have a chunk of geography to overcome - they have sailing distance to various Caribbean islands. Yes, they can do the Bahamas, but then what. Your own experience from San Juan tends to show that you need to start near your destination islands to eliminate sea days.

For the true "port animal", there's nothing to match Med cruise itineraries...every day a new port and often no sea days. But your requirements, I'm sorry, seem to say SJU or BGI.

I am looking for a way to find itineraries for a given time frame that meet a minimum number of port days or have no more than a set number of sea days. I have looked at individual lines websites and while their search engines are ok none seem to have a way to filter based on number of port's (or limit sea days).

I started simply looking at ALL itineraries for a given month and noting the ones that meet my criteria but moving between lines and months is proving to be more difficult than anticipated.

Has anyone ever seen a search criteria like this anywhere? (Our goal is a 7 day with no or only 1 sea day - departure port, line, and even dates are VERY flexible!!). It seems like "Number of ports" or "Number of sea days" should be a simple criteria to use for a search!!!

What area of the world are you looking to cruise??

Are you looking of lots of sea days or lots of ports?