Deal alert

Just scored

Dec 21 freedom 7 day Christmas

$1456 CDN$ for 2 X D2 balcony cabins.

$270 plus tax PP.

Merry Christmas to me.

Hope someone else can take advantage of this.

The first page shows incorrect prices you have to go all the way through the booking.

Looks like they just fixed it :( I was trying to book a few more cabins.

THANK YOU!!! I did manage to get in and book 3 adjacent D2 balcony cabins.

Does anyone know if they will cancel my reservation do to a mistake? I already have a week booked on Freedom in October thanks to the price mistake they had on the promenade cabins back in Jan(?).

This time the mistake was in the discount. Any thoughts?? I love Freedom and have been looking for something to do over our long Christmas break. I didn't think it would be a cheap FOS cruise!!!! Doing the happy dance!!!

Does anyone know if they will cancel my reservation do to a mistake? I already have a week booked on Freedom in October thanks to the price mistake they had on the promenade cabins back in Jan(?).

This time the mistake was in the discount. Any thoughts?? I love Freedom and have been looking for something to do over our long Christmas break. I didn't think it would be a cheap FOS cruise!!!! Doing the happy dance!!!

They have made mistakes like this in the past (e.g. Dec 7, 2014 FR Promenade rooms for $369/pp) and have let the prices of booked cabins stand. I hope they do the same for this one.

They will not cancel your reservation. I also booked one of the Freedom Prom. cabins for late October. (I think I booked in on October/Nov of 2013) If I recall - looks like they transposed a 3 and a 6.

Congrats on the find.

M

Have all my print screens. I actually had 2 insides that I booked yesterday at $775 per person. Saw that deal today and did 2 of the 24 hour holds to lock in the price then called C&A and they gladly switched everything over for me. I thought for a minute she was going to put me on hold while she called her husband to tell him to book.

It was the D2 and E2 as well as some of the inside and outside cabins that were affected. The discount was a C&A savings discount which was obviously higher than the balcony discount.

Glad you were able to grab some cabins.

Got a balcony for an unbelievable price at Christmas time. Called my brother and son to see if they were interested in this cruise and by the time I got their replies the "deal" was gone. Got everything saved as a pdf file, paid in full and now will wait to see if Royal reneges or lets us have it at the fare listed. This will be (hopefully) our first Christmas cruise.

Thanks to OP for the alert. You are my BFF!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tagsalong

I held three cabins on my C&A account, then booked one on DH account. Then they fixed the price. Just went back in to make payment and they had cancelled two of the three I booked under my account, but left one on each account. I was able to make payment and get screen shot of each if the remaining two. I have two other couples I was going to put in the two that were cancelled. If I call them, do you think they will reinstate? Seems like it might be asking a lot. I certainly did not cancel them myself. The other couples are crown and anchor members too, so the discount (even though a mistake) would have applied. By the time I had gotten in , the D2 were $361 each, but still an amazing price!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks OP- I hopped on this right after your initial post and snagged a D2- I think the price is $361 per person.

I don't think I got my balcony discount but who cares!!! We are also booked on the FOS for 11/30 for what I thought was a good price for an E2 but it is about $300 more than this one.

I know several people that booked PR cabins on the Halloween cruise at $369 which ended up being a price error. They got to keep the price. Guess I won't cancel my other booking just yet.:)

Just scored

Dec 21 freedom 7 day Christmas

$1456 CDN$ for 2 X D2 balcony cabins.

$270 plus tax PP.

Merry Christmas to me.

Hope someone else can take advantage of this.

The first page shows incorrect prices you have to go all the way through the booking.

Wow - that's great deal. Congratulations. Did you just stumble upon it? I'd love to find a deal like that in the future :)

Wow - that's great deal. Congratulations. Did you just stumble upon it? I'd love to find a deal like that in the future :)

I had booked a pair of insides yesterday at what I thought was a good price for a Christmas cruise ($3500 for two cabins) and I was looking at the price to upgrade to a promenade when I saw the ridiculously low price.

I've found some great deals before but this is the best by far.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I had booked a pair of insides yesterday at what I thought was a good price for a Christmas cruise ($3500 for two cabins) and I was looking at the price to upgrade to a promenade when I saw the ridiculously low price.

I've found some great deals before but this is the best by far.

Did you call and change categories or just make new reservations? I did not see the price when I first tried even going all the way thru the booking like you had said.

Next time it was there, so I did it and put a deposit. I wonder if I just had a courtesy hold with no money on it if they would honor the price. I did not want to chance it. Now I have to cancel my 11/30 one. Ellen

Did you call and change categories or just make new reservations? I did not see the price when I first tried even going all the way thru the booking like you had said.

Next time it was there, so I did it and put a deposit. I wonder if I just had a courtesy hold with no money on it if they would honor the price. I did not want to chance it. Now I have to cancel my 11/30 one. Ellen

Initially I did two courtesy holds on the D2 cabins. Whe I called C&A they then just changed categories on my existing reservations as they were both done using a NCC and that way I did not lose my OBC. Never a question about not honouring the price in fact the lady I was speaking with said she wished she could find those deals.

Initially I did two courtesy holds on the D2 cabins. Whe I called C&A they then just changed categories on my existing reservations as they were both done using a NCC and that way I did not lose my OBC. Never a question about not honouring the price in fact the lady I was speaking with said she wished she could find those deals.

I probably should have called as our FOS reservation for 11/30 is one that is an onboard booking as well but I was afraid the price would be gone. I will probably just change that one to another cruise in order to keep that OBC.

I was caught up in the moment and had to act fast yesterday:eek: