What is the International Cafe

scienceteacher

It is complimentary. Available 24 hours. Lots of different goodies from sweets, doughnuts, cookies and pastries (mostly in the AM) to cakes and so on in the PM. Veggie salads, panini sandwiches and so on.

It's very nice!

The International Cafe is normally located on Deck 5 next to a coffee bar.

The items are free with some exceptions. In the morning they have pastries and on some ships they also provide a fried egg with ham and cheese sandwich.

At noon they change to some sandwiches and salads.

Bob

When ordering sandwiches, I always ask them to grill them twice (as in twice as long as they normally do). For the chicken sandwich it really melts the cheese yet still keeps the tomato and mayo fresh. And it's really good to double grill the Cubana sandwich, another personal favorite!

I remember when the Horizon Court was 24hrs on the Princess cruises we took. But the last few years the buffet has been closed with the Int'l Cafe bring the 24hr food stop. I'm glad they made the change because I consider the Int'l Cafe to be among the best "non specialty" food on Princess.

Edited by paul32

OMG. If we go on a Princess cruise (researching it now) this will be my groups' favorite place. We are all night shifters. Last cruise (Disney cruise last September) my group of friends ordered- I kid you not- at 0100 via room service: 2 pizzas, chicken wings, cereal, 2 pieces of the cake of the day, milk, and "to be healthy" a salad. At 0100, after we got out of dinner at 9:30pm. We are awake at 0200 hungry.

If you get down there (before they run out), get the cro-nuts. A cross between a corissant and a donut. THey are out of this world. I only have 93 more days till I can get me some. If you have tried Dunkin donuts - cro-nuts - the international cafe's are nothing like theirs. THey are so much better. I wish I had one now.

The food is free. There is a charge for Gelato (if available) - $1.50 for 3 scoops(?).

The coffee bar is also right there and the coffee/tea/hot chocolate, etc. is a charge item.

to further clarify the "if available" part: gelato is only available on some ships and not on the ships that had the IC built as a retrofit.

And as those disturbingly yummy photos that Pam posted show, the International Cafe is a set of display cases that are on the Plaza level, midships in the area called the Piazza. It's not an enclosed eatery. But has become many Princess cruisers' favorite food venue for a light meal or snack.

They will also toast pre-made sandwiches, we've done it many times. Just ask! :)

We will definitely miss the International Cafe when sailing on the Diamond in a couple months. I can't believe they just completed a remodel and didn't put it in! :eek::confused:

Edited by Steven_&_Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Love the international cafe and coffee bar. If you're a coffee drinker (like me), i would recommend to purchase the coffee card. Unlimited regular coffee and 15 specialty coffees. It's a much better quality coffee than what you get for free in the Horizon court. I think it's $39 for the card. Open 24 hours and has a great selection of goodies to choose from. Can't wait, we'll be on the Royal in 3 week's [emoji568] [emoji41]

IC is always packed and you'll find it hard to get a seat. Often one needs to enjoy your selection in the cabin :rolleyes:. Talk about seat hoggers...they're down here as well.

At least their bottoms are in the seats.