Jewel of the Seas Refit?

dawvitt

The last date I saw on one of those docs was FEB 2014- I remember it because we are booked on her Nov 2013 and I wanted to make sure it was before the changes, since I like the Seaview:) I'll see if I saved the doc...of course it may have been updated since I found it.

Well, I found the link I checked- it was an RCL doc on a blog- but the link is no longer active, so the doc has been removed, so even though at the time I saw it, in May, it may have been right, but it may have changed since.

In other words Im no help at all!;-)

Edited by Familygoboston

Wow, cruisenfever! You managed to reply before the original post. Not sure how that happened.

In any case, was the Jewel refit date pushed up from the original May 2016 date?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Amazing that I had the answer before the question!:D

Yes, it appears that it was moved up from 2016 to 2014.

The last date I saw on one of those docs was FEB 2014- I remember it because we are booked on her Nov 2013 and I wanted to make sure it was before the changes, since I like the Seaview:)

Same here. Even with the date moved up I should still have no problem sailing her befor all the changes are made. Sorry-i'm on the team where I liked the Radiance class just the way it was. It will be sad once Jewel is 'Advantaged' :(

I just was looking at the deck plans for Jewel (been on it twice with another one scheduled but CRS) and it says deck plans to April 27, 2013. Could that be when it will be refitted? Although, they have cruises planned right through that time period into May. :confused:

I just was looking at the deck plans for Jewel (been on it twice with another one scheduled but CRS) and it says deck plans to April 27, 2013. Could that be when it will be refitted? Although, they have cruises planned right through that time period into May. :confused:

They do that every year.:)

I think something must be wrong with the posting(s). This isn't the only post (different subjects) where the same thing occured. The answer came before the OP. UMMM

I hope we aren't going to have clitches. :eek:

You are so right. I just answered a first post from someone across the pond and my response appeared first, but was the second one. Now the posts are in the right order.

Is there a full moon tonight??:D

I also have a B2B on Jewel at the end of Feb/early March of 2014 and would LOVE it to be done before we are on it. This will be my DH and my first cruise together as Diamonds so it would be awesome to have the diamond lounge by then.

But we are limited when we can go because of his work so hopefully they don't move it when we are already booked!!

So we are going on Jewel Oct/12 we are diamond what is available for evening drinks currently?

They have a nightly Diamond Event where you will have complimentary champagne, wine and soft drinks. Any other beverage can be ordered at 25% off it's normal price.

One our recent b2b, the Nightly Diamond event was held in the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 13.

The number of Diamond Members will determine the location for each cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 1 year later...

So I'm not sure if I should bump this up or just post the question here.

Did I miss anything or is Jewel of the Seas now being refurbished in 2016? I read that in RCIs blog. It appears they still have the seaview cafe but I don't know if the deck plans are outdated.

I'm going on her in a year so just wondering if there have been any additions.

So I'm not sure if I should bump this up or just post the question here.

Did I miss anything or is Jewel of the Seas now being refurbished in 2016? I read that in RCIs blog. It appears they still have the seaview cafe but I don't know if the deck plans are outdated.

I'm going on her in a year so just wondering if there have been any additions.

Her refurb has been shifted yet again. Now back to 2016 I believe. We were on her in March and the deck plans are current. She has the only remaining Seaview cafe in the fleet.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why her refurbishment is being pushed out so far in the future? She's not a newer ship. Thanks again

Her last drydock was 2011, so she's not due for refurbishment until 2016 (they go every 5 years).

Hoping 2016 is correct. We are booked for b2b on her Jan. 2015. I like that she still has the original layout and Seaview Cafe! I particularly enjoy her Champagne bar, which will change to Vintages after her retrofit. We were on her in May and the food in the WJ was very, very good.

• 1 year later...

We just got back from two weeks on the RCL Jewel of the Seas in the Caribbean. We had a Jr. Suite (#1582) that was very nice in size. Unfortunately, this cabin is toward the back of the ship and exactly under the Windjammer Café. Almost 24/7 we could hear the clatter of the utility carts rolling across the tiles of the area between the kitchen and the serving stations. Many conversations with Guest Relations resulted in only temporary improvements (reductions) in the noise. RCL did offer a coupon for use in booking our next cruise. For the upcoming refit, we suggest some kind of change in the floor covering in the Windjammer to mitigate the noise in the suites below. Does this problem exist on the other Radiance class ships?

... exactly under the Windjammer Café. Almost 24/7 we could hear the clatter of the utility carts rolling across the tiles of the area between the kitchen and the serving stations... Does this problem exist on the other Radiance class ships?

This is the situation on most, if not all ships. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but in future you might consider booking a cabin which is sandwiched between two decks of cabins. :)

missouripacific...Welcome to Cruise Critic...and so sorry your first post had to be one of complaint.[/b]

Unfortunately the location of the JS catagory on the Radiance class ships are on deck #10 and most of those are towards the aft under the WindJammer.

We have had JS #1100 (love this cabin) and luckily had no noise from the WJ. We have also had JS's more forward of the elevators..a great location.

Hopefully your next cruise cabin location will work out better and am glad RCI offered a coupon to help compensate for the disturbances you experienced...Best of luck and enjoy !!

Edited by Ashland