New Lido market

Sir PMP

Any good news yet on the new Lido Market concept on the Nieuw Amsterdam and Rotterdam ships?

Haven't heard anything about it but would love to. Hopefully someone will reply (and has pics if anything big changed in the space)

Somehow I missed a discussion on this. What is the "market concept"?

It's in the Koningsdam brochure - but I must be slow as I don't see the big deal. They are going to make it more like a "market" but the way I see it, there are just going to be stations with chalkboards with the specials of the day written down. The stations may be further apart but I don't think the Lido concept has changed that much. But I may have misread the brochure :rolleyes:;)

It's in the Koningsdam brochure - but I must be slow as I don't see the big deal. They are going to make it more like a "market" but the way I see it, there are just going to be stations with chalkboards with the specials of the day written down. The stations may be further apart but I don't think the Lido concept has changed that much. But I may have misread the brochure :rolleyes:;)

Thanks, Jacqui! Now I know how I missed it - no brochure!:mad:

It doesn't seem much different. They're renaming stations, having food-to-go, and a little station redesign. I haven't seen any real-life photos but that's the impression I get.

Sail the microsite is the Koningsdam website.

Thank you, Kazu (is it Jacqui?) (You are pretty awesome, BTW.)

I was feeling pretty slow about this, too. So, it sounds pretty much the same to you, too?

What does it have to do with Nieuw Amsterdam? I only see this referenced for Koningsdam.

Whatever the micro site is..... ?

The new Mariners Magazine is being delivered to our homes now and included is a brochure about Koningsdam.

Tired of looking. Gotta ask.

I got my Mariner mag about a week ago, and read it in between breaks of yard work in killer Florida sun.

No separate brochure. Is the brochure everyone is talking about actually part of the magazine?

Tired of looking. Gotta ask.

I got my Mariner mag about a week ago, and read it in between breaks of yard work in killer Florida sun.

No separate brochure. Is the brochure everyone is talking about actually part of the magazine?

It's a separate (thin) publication that was included within the same plastic wrap.

It's a separate (thin) publication that was included within the same plastic wrap.

Thanks, Ruth. Really wondering about my mail now. My mag was by itself, no plastic wrap. I've had brochures from NOLA arrive with both ends of the envelope open. Books that show delivered and never arrived.

Either my Mariner mag was sent out before they decided to include the brochure, or I got a mail thief. 😕

Somehow I missed a discussion on this. What is the "market concept"?

HAL is transforming the Lido into the Lido Market, with an emphasis on market-fresh quality. In the current edition of Mariner, it states that the concept is currently available on the NA and the Rotterdam. Enhanced service, themed food stations, new uniforms and simpler signage, the Lido Market will focus more on quality and home style offerings.

Areas are Wild Harvest (salads, fruits, health conscious food), Breadboard, Homestead (home style breakfast and comfort classics at lunch and dinner), Distant Lands (great tastes from around the world) and Sweet Spot.

HAL is also debuting New York Pizza on the NA and Rotterdam, made to order 9 inch personal pan pizzas with salad and dessert.

The Lido Market focus will be on the quality of its food and its service.

This is definitely not the Lido that we are all use to.

Thank you, Kazu (is it Jacqui?) (You are pretty awesome, BTW.)

I was feeling pretty slow about this, too. So, it sounds pretty much the same to you, too?

What does it have to do with Nieuw Amsterdam? I only see this referenced for Koningsdam.

the "market" concept is supposed to be moved to the N Amsterdam and Eurodam I believe.

I noticed in the Mariner magazine that the Lido Market concept that will be on the Konigsdam will be implemented on the rest of the ships with the Nieuw Amsterdam (NA) and Rotterdam as first recipients. I have been following the cruise reviews of the NA because we will be on the NA for a 20 day TA in October.

The Lido Market must not have made too much of an impression on cruisers since the last drydock renovations since not one reviewer mentioned it.

Many of the reviews were also not very complimentary about the NA which upset me a bit because although we are 3 star mariners, we have become accustomed to the level of service on Celebrity S class ships.

I would truly like to sail on the new Konigsdam but if our trip on the NA reveals that HAL has degraded its services the next trip could well be our last on HAL ships. I also noticed that although the Konigsdam will have from 550 to 650 more passengers in comparison to the NA or Eurodam, for example, it will have 2 fewer elevators in the middle of the ship where traffic is usually high. This may be a bad decision when the demographics of the passengers on HAL and numbers of scooters etc. are considered. It will be interesting:rolleyes:.

It doesn't seem much different. They're renaming stations, having food-to-go, and a little station redesign. I haven't seen any real-life photos but that's the impression I get.

Sail the microsite is the Koningsdam website.

Thanks about the microsite. :)

I think the Market idea sounds good. Hope it lives up to it's promises.