Where to stay in honolulu nite before cruise??

pdz

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It was our second time to stay there and we love the hotel. It's right on the beach and you can eat breakfast outdoors while looking at the beach. Staff is wonderful. We have been to the Roya Hawaiian hotel, but didn't stay there. It's just down from HHV and is on the beach. I would love to stay there also. Beautiful hotel!!!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. Being a frequent traveler, using the Hhonors points was a plus! While all Embassys have the free full breakfast, I've never had any that would compare to the one in Waikiki! A very nice property!

We are staying at the Outrigger Reef so that we can renew our vows on the beach friday morning. Figured why not, do something different while in Hawaii. My husband and I will be married 30th years this October and we will be sailing on April 9, 2011.:)

I highly recommend the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel. We've stayed there and also visited there other time. It has a great beach and there are a lot of things right there. There are lots of rooms and buildings to choose from. It is a very nice hotel.

Keith

My DH and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Outrigger March 18-19 before our POA cruise. Gorgeous bath! Great location on a lovely beach and if you don't mind sand, you can get a towel for the beach rather than rent an umbrella and chairs.

My DH and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Outrigger March 18-19 before our POA cruise. Gorgeous bath! Great location on a lovely beach and if you don't mind sand' date=' you can get a towel for the beach rather than rent an umbrella and chairs.[/quote']

Which Outrigger hotel did you enjoy?

Another vote for Outrigger Reef on the Beach. We stayed there 2 nights post cruise. Waikiki isn't the closest to the port, but what the heck.

If you are flying in late and want to get to the port early, not sure you would get to enjoy much of Waikiki, however. You might want to stay nearer to the airport or the port.

or-outriggerwaikikionbeach.jpg

Some pictures of our room can be found on these pages

Page2

Page3

Another vote for Outrigger Reef on the Beach. We stayed there 2 nights post cruise. Waikiki isn't the closest to the port, but what the heck.

If you are flying in late and want to get to the port early, not sure you would get to enjoy much of Waikiki, however. You might want to stay nearer to the airport or the port.

Some pictures of our room can be found on these pages

Page2

Page3

The photo you posted is of Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach, not Outrigger Reef. They are two different hotels.

Sorry' date=' forgot to say Outrigger REEF. We chose it because of the recent renovations and the fair price. We had a balcony partial ocean view, facing sideways.[/quote']

Thank you for answering. I am considering this hotel for our precruise hotel. I have read a lot of good reviews on tripadvisor. Did the timeshare people bother you a lot. Did you have a decent view of the ocean from your partial ocean view? Would it have been significantly different with the ocean view?

Thank you for answering. I am considering this hotel for our precruise hotel. I have read a lot of good reviews on tripadvisor. Did the timeshare people bother you a lot. Did you have a decent view of the ocean from your partial ocean view? Would it have been significantly different with the ocean view?

The partial view is from the rooms on the side of the tower. The full view is only from the part of the hotel that faces the ocean. I can't post my photos but if you give me your email address, I'll send you pictures of what we saw from the balcony so you can decide for yourself. We looked down into the pool area and to the right is the ocean. Since you're only spending one night, you won't be in the room for long! We spent our pre-cruise morning eating at the beachfront buffet restaurant and then we just sat on the beach for the rest of the morning with a great view of Diamond Head. We were picked up around 12:30 and got to the ship by about 1:00.

To Jagoffee: I forgot to answer your other question - we were not bothered at all by time share people; I wasn't even aware they were selling them.

Thank you. We have changed our plans and we are now spending four nights pre cruise, so we will be spending some time there.

Archived