Does MSC have a future cruise program?

KyleClark

What exactly do you mean? Like incentives for booking onboard your current cruise for a future cruise? Yes, they do have that. The incentive amount depends on the room type you select.

Here are the details/terms & conditions:

Details: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Future-Cruise-Program.aspx

T&C: http://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/cms/pdffiles/fcc-terms-and-conditions.pdf

I've booked 2 cruises on this program, basically for the OBC and flexibility (as in UK deposits are not refundable), and also cruises I had identified in advance as wanting.

The OBC is included in the booking confirmation, so no issues so far.

My experience is that the "100% BEST PRICE GUARANTEE" is not work the paper it's written on. The UK customer service office seemed at first to be not aware of this program and when I sent them the details (and a copy of the T&C) together with the lower UK price than the one I booked onboard they kept on coming back with various reasons why they were unable or unwilling to match it (price found was GBP100 less). However they were always polite and responsive.

I haven't needed to try changing the dates of either of these 2 cruises, so cannot comment on this.

Details: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Future-Cruise-Program.aspx

T&C: http://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/cms/pdffiles/fcc-terms-and-conditions.pdf

I've booked 2 cruises on this program, basically for the OBC and flexibility (as in UK deposits are not refundable), and also cruises I had identified in advance as wanting.

My experience is that the "100% BEST PRICE GUARANTEE" is not work the paper it's written on. The UK customer service office seemed at first to be not aware of this program and when I sent them the details (and a copy of the T&C) together with the lower UK price than the one I booked onboard they kept on coming back with various reasons why they were unable or unwilling to match it (price found was GBP100 less). However they were always polite and responsive.

I haven't needed to try changing the dates of either of these 2 cruises, so cannot comment on this.

"100% Best Price Guarantee

The guarantee is available for bookings completed on-board through a Cruise Consultant and appliesonly on the cruise fare, regardless of any eventual additional services. Any eventualchanges requestedafter the issuance of the booking confirmation make the booking ineligible for the guarantee.

Should the Passenger find the same Package (as for ship, departure and arrival dates, number of guests,cabin type and experience) at a lower price in the same country, he/she has to inform the Companyaccordingly, providing it with an indisputable evidence (e.g. picture/scan of a flyer, link to a website,etc.). The lower price has to be ascribable to a promotion still in force when the Passenger activates theguarantee.

The guarantee may be activated only once per booking and expires if the full payment has been made oranyhow falls due according to the applicable Booking Terms & Conditions.

The Company reserves the right to verify any such requests and – if accepted – shall reduce the balancestill due or refund the difference by the same method the balance has been eventually paid meanwhile.Offer not valid for group bookings. *Other restrictions may apply."

I was told by the Cruise Consultant on our Feb Fantasia cruise that this offer was only *valid for 1 month after booking (note that's not mentioned above). I queried this with him but, he was not very pleasant to deal with and just insisted that that was the case. The chances of another, lower priced promotion being offered anywhere within a month of booking onboard is very slim. Depends on the date you're onboard as the promotions tend to roll out every three months or so and you could be lucky if you're booking toward the end of the latest promotion and the next one is due to be implemented. You will only get the price and cabin availability that's being offered in your own country even when booking onboard. I haven't been tempted, yet, as I see very little offered over and above what I can book in the comfort of home with all options being more carefully considered. I was told by another CC that MSC has to be careful not to upset the travel agency industry by unfairly competing with them with lower prices!

*Other restrictions may apply.

In my case the other restriction was that the cheaper rate must be advertised on MSC website, whereas I had found the cheaper price on a Travel Agent's website (in the same country). The price difference was 6% so not a major issue, but I was interested to see MSC's reaction nonetheless.

A cynic could say that while many companies publish 'best rate guarantee' terms and conditions that make the guarantee useless, MSC's approach is to not publish the full terms and conditions, so they can make the terms up on the spot to make the guarantee useless! However, I don't believe there was any deceit here, more a growing company where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

If we book onboard, is it possible to transfer the booking to our travel agent? I have no experience when booking on board with MSC because in the routes we have cruised with them, there was only the possibility of buying a next cruise certificate with a small deposit, without indicating which cruise. But I think the next cruise certificate in that form does not exist anymore right?

If we book onboard, is it possible to transfer the booking to our travel agent? I have no experience when booking on board with MSC because in the routes we have cruised with them, there was only the possibility of buying a next cruise certificate with a small deposit, without indicating which cruise. But I think the next cruise certificate in that form does not exist anymore right?

Yes ................ the future cruise voucher was discontinued at the end of April last year. Booking onboard is relatively new. It is possible to transfer the booking but, IIRC, you can only transfer to the TA you booked the cruise that you're sailing on when booking!

Yes ................ the future cruise voucher was discontinued at the end of April last year. Booking onboard is relatively new. It is possible to transfer the booking but, IIRC, you can only transfer to the TA you booked the cruise that you're sailing on when booking!

Thanks, at least it is possible to transfer to the travel agent. I feel more comfortable that way than dealing directly with any cruise line.

Thanks, at least it is possible to transfer to the travel agent. I feel more comfortable that way than dealing directly with any cruise line.

I booked directly with MSC for our upcoming cruise and can't fault the experience. It was great to get issues dealt with directly rather than having to go through a TA who would then have to contact MSC on your behalf and wait for a response. All my issues were dealt with much more promptly as a result. I wouldn't hesitate to book direct with MSC again. We in Ireland can't book online so I'm just talking about booking by phone and following up by email.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Does anyone know if MSC has some type of "welcome back" booking, where you would get some perks if you book a new cruise within 2 weeks of returning home? I could swear I read something, but can't find any info. 

Yes, you will get an email from MSC with an offer of $100 OBC if booked within 2 weeks.  I haven't gotten one since our last trip on Divina.. Wondering if they have stopped this promotion.

On 6/6/2017 at 4:04 AM, 8420PR said:

Thank you. Great info.

10 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Does MSC have a future cruise certiificate/voucher/ credit (like NCL and Princess) as in buy the certificate and decide later?

NO, you must purchase a particular cruise while onboard. As for changes to that reservation, they must include the exact same itinerary as the original booking. 

~Brian

We booked last July while we onboard the Seaside.  We booked two YC cabins and they gave us $200.00 per person OBC.  We transferred the booking to our TA without any issue except MSC said that we only would get $200.00 per cabin.  Thank goodness I saved all the paperwork that the cruise consultant gave us onboard and I emailed that to my TA and he emailed it to MSC.  After MSC received the email they did honored the $200.00 per person OBC.   Just took a little effort.  

Booking on board is not always the best price.  I tried it last December on Divina and the price I was quoted onboard was significantly higher that the price published on line by a discount cruise agency.