Very negative 7/9 Voyager review posted

gfranzen

This has been extensively discussed in a recent thread which I can't manage to find right now. There is a lot of controversy and a lot of scepticism about the reviewer. I'm sure someone will post the link to the other thread.

Pls see link for CC Regent thread where Mr. Grace's review is discussed at length below (gfranzen posted the CC review by Mr Grace at post below (same review by Mr. Grace):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1027525

ps..we had good friends (two couples) sail the Voyager the next cruise following Mr. Grace..they truly enjoyed

the Voyager Baltics experience and plan to book Regent again given the right itinerary. Scott has sailed

Crystal 35 times and said the Voyager's Cabins, dining were respectively; better, equal..tho Crystal's

service and entertainment is best.

Ok well read that and all I can say is that "I don't think so" I am am booked again on Regent (Mariner) for a Panama Canal trip over the Christmas holidays.....this persons experience (if it is real) is an isolated comment, and not what the vast majority experience on Regent....

If you read the hundreds over other reviews and comments I think you will find a much brighter opinion!

Can't wait for our cruise and you will love everything about Voyager, she is beautiful and the Baltic is a not to be missed experience!

A new review by RMRG on a 7/9 Baltic cruise is extremely negative - enough to make me cancel a 2010 Baltic cruise. Is this person off base or is the review the experience of other recent Baltic cruisers?

DON'T CANCEL!!!!! Voyager is a beautiful ship and you will love it.....don't know what or why this person had such an experience but frankly I just am not buying it......read the other reports and experiences, Regent is everything and more...:confused:

Keep in mind that was one review. All reviews are important and that one is too. But there were over 400 passengers on that ship. And while none filed a separate independent review with Cruise Critic, several of them posted on the message boards regularly during their cruise and their comments were consistently positive. It is understandable that this review concerns you. It should. But I would recommend that you follow comments from other Voyager cruisers on the message boards since far more people offer substantive comments on the message boards than post formal reviews and then base your decision to book or not book a cruise on a larger sample of opinion. That's what I do. I'm booked on Voyager in December and sticking with it! Pat

I can't help but wonder if this reviewer would be satisfied with any ship, any food, any suite -- any thing!!! We all know some people are very hard to please and if you stood on your head, they still wouldn't be happy.

Those booked: go, enjoy. We will.

We'll be on the Voyager September 6th and are not concerned in the least. The majority of Voyager reviews are good to excellent. I'll be posting live in September and will try to address as many issues as possible.

Totally looking forward to your thread. Thanks for taking the time. Free internet is something I will enjoy down the road.

I just returned on Saturday from Voyager and I can assure you that everything was superb! Service was wonderful, cuisine--in general--was outstanding and often extraordinary. Signatures was out of this world! I will admit I wasn't wild about the steakhouse. I'd heard a few negative rumblings from others about Prime 7 but figured they were just complainers. My experience, unfortunately, wasn't a great one in terms of food. Service was to the usual exceptional standard. My dissatisfaction came from my filet mignon being way overdone for a medium rare and, yes, I know I could have sent it back but we were at a table of 6 and it would have thrown off the rhythm of what was a lovely dinner. The corn casserole was poor, as well. Unlike other dining venues, I wasn't happy with the wine and even though I requested the premium wine list, I never did receive it.

That said, I simply can't believe the outstanding service, the terrific condition of the ship an the free shore excursions were unbelievable! How can they do that??? The guides were absolutely wonderful: Perfect English, exceedingly knowledgeable.

To be honest, I didn't read the so-called poor review but I'll tell you that my experience--which was just days ago--was outstanding. DO NOT CANCEL!!

This has been extensively discussed in a recent thread which I can't manage to find right now. There is a lot of controversy and a lot of scepticism about the reviewer. I'm sure someone will post the link to the other thread.

For what it is worth--

Check this link: http://www.mnc.net/RMGrace.html

I find it strange that rmrg does not come up in a search of Cruise Critic members, but he has a review posted. The date on the review is one day before the cruise ended, I believe. Perhaps Regent should check out his complaints. This publicity is not good.

There are thousands of CC members. He may well be one of them. You don't have to post reviews under your real name, and I don't think most do.

Don't you have to post under your real "Cruise Critic screen name"? I always do.

I did a search of CC members and not only isn't "rmrg" there, neither is "Amoroso" (the other negative reviewer).

Host Dan, as long as you are answering questions, I know that CC reviews the "reviews" and that some are not posted. Is there a way to screen out a "review" that could be made by a person with a hidden agenda? Just curious because in in five years the Voyager has not received such poor scores as those given by these two reviewers (and the two names appear in the same newspaper article.) Something smells really fishy.

FYI- RMRG is a CruiseCritic registered member. His review is within CC guidelines.

Host Dan

PS Amoroso is also a registered user.

Why then does rmrg not appear in a member search?

I also searched and could not find this member! And that both are in the same article I tooooo find this strange. You know we have no idea if these folks had a bad day or week or what frame of mind they boarded the ship with. Maybe someone just plain did not want to be on a cruise and had a mind set to take everything just the wrong way? And maybe nothing could have made these people happy. Some people are just naturally unhappy people and always feel the glass is "half empty"....I don't think we should waste addional time or energy on this type of mind set.

And yes I think Regent should look into these complaints and if same complaints were registered while these people were still on board.....somehow there must be a very long story to this whole thing?:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just searched both names and actually then went in and look page by page for those names where they should be....is it possible that they cancelled their registration immediately after posting the awful review....if that is the case then this is all the more suspicious and I no longer feel guilty for thinking that this is a "put up job"....

Host Dan - if that is what happened then this is a very suspicious posting and maybe should be removed.....an honest opinion is one thing, but this is getting stinkyier (I made that word up!) by the second....

What is the world is graved lachs? A pregnant lachs, whatever that is??

It is actually grav;ax, which is a cured Swedish salmon. But this tells me all I need to know about this poster.

As I was on the same cruise, I give him NO credibility. How could it have been sweltering in the room when he boarded? It wasn't hot outside, so unless the heat got turned on by mistake, it is impossible.

The only thing I do agree with him about is the malted milk issue. The waiter at the ice cream bar had no clue what a malt was, despite the presence of a machine that supposedly makes them. This is of course a cultural issue. I think malts are a North American thing. But that is a very minor thing.

What is the world is graved lachs? A pregnant lachs, whatever that is??

It is actually grav;ax, which is a cured Swedish salmon. But this tells me all I need to know about this poster.

As I was on the same cruise, I give him NO credibility. How could it have been sweltering in the room when he boarded? It wasn't hot outside, so unless the heat got turned on by mistake, it is impossible.

The only thing I do agree with him about is the malted milk issue. The waiter at the ice cream bar had no clue what a malt was, despite the presence of a machine that supposedly makes them. This is of course a cultural issue. I think malts are a North American thing. But that is a very minor thing.

Can't get my edit function to work--and can't type apparently. It should be gravlax, not grav;ax.

Archived