cruise tender boats on geiranger - Schedule problem

mmns

hi ,

im gonna arrive to geiranger on a cruise , and the ship suppose to dock on 08:00 , and from what ive read is that we the passengers are suppose to arrive to the shore on a tender boats

therefore ive reserved a tour to dalsnibba that start on 09:00 .

now ,

from what ive read is that we the passengers are suppose to arrive to the shore on a tender boats .

from your exprience ,will i make it to arrive to the tour on time ? till 08:50 ?

the tour company suggest me to take the same tour on 12:00 , but im afraid that i wont make it to arrive back to the ship till 14:30 .

i really need your advice and exprience .

thnx a lot

9:00 should be doable but it might depend on which cruise line and other ships in port. What is your ship and which date.

Geiranger is well-functioning tender port. In addition to the 3–4 anchor positions the also have a seawalk - depending on number of ship or the size of your ship they might use the seawalk rather than tendering.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jade Will be the only ship In port. AIDA Cruise ship will arrive at 11

Looks like Norwegian was using the seawalk at their stops last year. Maybe the four company does know. In case of tendering I do not know Norwegian tender procedures. Maybe you should post your question at the Roll Call for your voyage.

We are scheduled to arrive on the Sapphire Princess at 1:00PM on August 22nd. Any info would be appreciated. Is the tender service provided by the port or does the ship use its tenders?

Thank you.

We are scheduled to arrive on the Sapphire Princess at 1:00PM on August 22nd. Any info would be appreciated. Is the tender service provided by the port or does the ship use its tenders?

Thank you.

On our sailing on the Sapphire - the ship used it's own tenders. I never saw the seawalk used (though it may have been used earlier in the day and since I wasn't there, I can't say one way or another.)

I got off in Hellesylt and then returned to Gerianger. BTW - our tour bus was late getting back and we were not the only tour bus late. There was a very long line (several hundred if not 1/3 of the ship) getting in line for the tenders at the end of the day. Our ship left late due to this.

There were at least 2 ships in port but by the time we returned to town, there was only our ship. I wish we had used the seawalk.

On HAL Koningsdam shipstenders were used. Passengers booked on shipsexcursions go first, then those that made own arrangements. Wew prebooked the Panorama excursion on line, as we prefered the small bus. Localy also some tours with bigger buses were offered. Indeed that day there was a german Mein Schiff kind of docked with that seawalk.

You might spot that on this webcam. https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/norway/geiranger/geirangerfjord/

Thank you.

Port does not provide tender service. Cruise ship tenders only.

Port does not provide tender service. Cruise ship tenders only.

Do you know if there will be other ships in port at the same time? We arrive at 1PM August 22.

Do you know if there will be other ships in port at the same time? We arrive at 1PM August 22.

Yes one of the AIDA ships, but that arrives later that day.

When I checked the webcam this morning, I saw a Mein Schiff docked at that special dock and other cruisehips ancored.

Yes one of the AIDA ships, but that arrives later that day.

When I checked the webcam this morning, I saw a Mein Schiff docked at that special dock and other cruisehips ancored.

Thank you.

Regarding the Sapphire Princess you need to deal with some realities. The cruise ship excursions will always get priority for tenders and are moved off in large groups. You then have to deal with those of us who are Elite (and there are often many) Captain's Circle Members who also get tender priority. Princess handles independents by having them report to a lounge to get tender tickets..and they they must wait until their number/color is called. There are times when this can take several hours so it really pays to be among the first to get to that lounge and get a ticket.

Hank

Regarding the Sapphire Princess you need to deal with some realities. The cruise ship excursions will always get priority for tenders and are moved off in large groups. You then have to deal with those of us who are Elite (and there are often many) Captain's Circle Members who also get tender priority. Princess handles independents by having them report to a lounge to get tender tickets..and they they must wait until their number/color is called. There are times when this can take several hours so it really pays to be among the first to get to that lounge and get a ticket.

Hank

We are Elite so our only issue will be finding out ahead of time which location the tenders will be leaving from. Sometimes it is easier than others.

We are Elite so our only issue will be finding out ahead of time which location the tenders will be leaving from. Sometimes it is easier than others.

I felt like most of our ship was Elite when we sailed. I never heard the true numbers but I often sat with people who had 700 days with Princess. Most new cruisers pick the Baltic or Med for their cruises - not Norway.

On a positive note, I think the ship got to Gerianger before it was expected to so you will probably be fine.

I looked at my pictures from my cruise from the "view point up above" and the 2nd ship in port the day I was there did use the seawalk. The ship was gone by the time I got to town. I don't even remember what ship it was.

• 2 weeks later...
On our sailing on the Sapphire - the ship used it's own tenders. I never saw the seawalk used (though it may have been used earlier in the day and since I wasn't there, I can't say one way or another.)

I got off in Hellesylt and then returned to Gerianger. BTW - our tour bus was late getting back and we were not the only tour bus late. There was a very long line (several hundred if not 1/3 of the ship) getting in line for the tenders at the end of the day. Our ship left late due to this.

There were at least 2 ships in port but by the time we returned to town, there was only our ship. I wish we had used the seawalk.

We were on the Sapphire two weeks ago. As we were the only ship in port we used the sea walk. Worth checking the port schedule to see what other ships are there. The port had been marked as tender on the itinerary but we didn’t have to