Anne Frank House

OldOrchardBeachgirl

There will be 22 of us going to spend sometime in Amsterdam. We want to go to the Anne Frank House, but I've received mixed messages. One person who went said you can only buy tickets through a tour group there. I did google the sight and right now we can only purchase tickets 2 months out. We are going in August. Can anyone clarify so we don't miss out. Thanks!

Part of the day is sold as website bookings and part of the day is left for people to cue - could be a couple of hours. It books out quickly so keep an eye on it. I’ve missed on my two last trips to Amsterdam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can buy tickets online up to two months in advance (I purchased four tickets). They are timed tickets -- you pick a time on the day you want to go. My advice for August? Go EARLY in the day. It was soooo hot in there the day we went (early June) and incredibly crowded. I think our timed ticket was for 2:30 pm.

You might call and see what arrangements can be made for a large group.

Right now since there are renovations being done until about early June 2018, tickets are only being sold online. You cannot go there and stand in line to gain access. Even Viator does not have tickets. I know the question was about a visit in August, but I just wanted to advise visitors to Amsterdam in the next two months what the current situation is.

You can buy tickets online up to two months in advance (I purchased four tickets). They are timed tickets -- you pick a time on the day you want to go. My advice for August? Go EARLY in the day. It was soooo hot in there the day we went (early June) and incredibly crowded. I think our timed ticket was for 2:30 pm.

You might call and see what arrangements can be made for a large group.

I agree. Getting tickets for 22 online might be very difficult. I would contact them perhaps 3 months out or even now, i.e. before they go on sale and see if you can arrange a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You can also look on Viator for tours that include entrance. Without tickets in hand the wait is hours long.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only way to get tickets as i understand it is through the Anne Frank’s House website. Viatour and other sites i don’t believe can get you into «*The Annex*». We went this May, booked our tickets online on the Anne Frank house website 2 months in advance and booked another excursion «* Anne Frank Quarters Walking tour” the day before we went to the house. We would definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We bought tickets online exactly 2 months prior to our visit, which was July 3. When we visited, multiple signs were posted stating that tickets are sold online only, not on site.

And I’ll add that the museum is very well done and not to be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll plan to visit in September when in Amsterdam. Tickets for our date should go on sale tomorrow. Will check first thing tomorrow, and try to get an early morning time slot. Wish me luck! Hopefully Silversea didn't buy all of them...

Just bought our tickets for September. We got the first time slot of the day (9AM) so hopefully it won't be as crowded when we start.

Looks like it will be a nice walk from the ship, maybe 30 minutes. Or we'll walk to Centraal Station and get the tram.

It looks like the Silversea has claimed the 9:45 time slot - today was the first day that tickets were available for our date, and the 9:45 tickets are sold out. Availability was otherwise wide open. And the purchase process, as others have noted, was pretty easy.

Just bought our tickets for September. We got the first time slot of the day (9AM) so hopefully it won't be as crowded when we start.

Looks like it will be a nice walk from the ship, maybe 30 minutes. Or we'll walk to Centraal Station and get the tram.

It looks like the Silversea has claimed the 9:45 time slot - today was the first day that tickets were available for our date, and the 9:45 tickets are sold out. Availability was otherwise wide open. And the purchase process, as others have noted, was pretty easy.

Great - you scored the perfect time IMHO. You can walk to the AFH or you can take tram #26 to Centraal Station & at Centraal Station, switch to tram #13 or #17 to Westermarkt (AFH is right around the corner from the Westermarkt tram stop).