Flight Ease Question-First Time User

teacherman

We have used Princess and Celebrity for booking one way airfares to Europe and were given good prices, allowed to select our own airline and flights, and then allowed to select our seats. Will we also be allowed to do that with Flight Ease? We are considering a westbound TA next summer. Any information/advice is welcome. Thank you.

We have used Princess and Celebrity for booking one way airfares to Europe and were given good prices, allowed to select our own airline and flights, and then allowed to select our seats. Will we also be allowed to do that with Flight Ease? We are considering a westbound TA next summer. Any information/advice is welcome. Thank you.

The flights might be limited but we had a nice selection and we had no problem. Seat, etc., all in place.

Yes to your questions based upon my experience. If HAL does not have a contract with a particular airline, which I discovered with a Singapore Airlines flight 3 years ago, then Flight Ease does not offer much. My travel agent's agency was affiliated with a travel consortium and was able to book a satisfactory, to me, air fare through them and not with HAL.

The travel agency we booked with got an amazing price with the airline we preferred for a one way to Rome through HAL. Bonus is our HAL cruise insurance also covers our flight.

I'm trying Flight Ease for the first time for my next cruise. It requires an open jaw booking. Flight Ease was able to get the precise flights I wanted, at a savings of about $500 from what it would have cost had I booked on my own. I was able to get the seats I wanted, which my TA when in and blocked for me.

So far, so good.

I agree with all of the above comments and am using FlightEase for my upcoming TA cruise. A one way business class is about 1/4 the cost of booking through the airlines and you do receive frequent flyer miles as well. The only downside is that is that HAL doesn't actually buy the ticket until shortly before the cruise so you are left with the uncomfortable message on the airline web site of "status unknown" and "contact your TA to purchase". As least, that is the practice with American Airlines.

Agree with Doublebzz. We purchased one way business class flight from Barcelona to Lax connecting in Paris. The price was about 1/4 of anything else I could find. In our case we got we got the airline booking number right away and tried the airline's site directly all our info was thee and we could change our seats if we wanted. The only thing that was not locked in prior to payment was the price. In our case it didn't vary at all.

The price was not as good when I tried for business from LAX to Montreal with a return from Ft. Lauderdale.

I agree with all of the above comments and am using FlightEase for my upcoming TA cruise. A one way business class is about 1/4 the cost of booking through the airlines and you do receive frequent flyer miles as well. The only downside is that is that HAL doesn't actually buy the ticket until shortly before the cruise so you are left with the uncomfortable message on the airline web site of "status unknown" and "contact your TA to purchase". As least, that is the practice with American Airlines.

On Delta, I needed a different number from my booking number to access my flight details when I went on their web site. I think it was called a "locator number". When my travel agent supplied that, I plugged that into Delta's web site and all of the details of my flight popped up. Maybe that is what you need for American Airlines as well?

On Delta, I needed a different number from my booking number to access my flight details when I went on their web site. I think it was called a "locator number". When my travel agent supplied that, I plugged that into Delta's web site and all of the details of my flight popped up. Maybe that is what you need for American Airlines as well?

There is no issue about seeing all the details of my flight. The issue is that the itinerary is not ticketed until shortly before the cruise - some have said 6-8 weeks out. I believe this is done because there is flexibility to change the flight until some period before the cruise. I had the same issue with another cruise line last year and finally called their flight department and they resolved the issue immediately. This is probably a non-issue but I still would like to have the certainty that my air was actually ticketed.

Flight Ease gave me a good price for round trip non-stop from Chicago to Copenhagen and back, and I was also able to choose my seat on Scandinavian Air. However, when I got to O'Hare I could not check in at the kiosk and, after a 5 to 10 minute wait, I was told my reservation had been canceled. It took another 10 minutes or so to get it straightened out after I showed them my confirmation from earlier that day. I asked if there would be a problem with my return flight and they assured me there would not be. When I got to the airport in Copenhagen for the return flight, I was again unable to check in at the kiosk and was sent to three different desks before they found my reservation. One of the staff explained this can happen with 3rd party bookings, and that's all the explanation I was able to get. I'm not sure what I could have done to prevent the hassle, but I'm glad I had arrived at the airport with plenty of extra time for both flights.