Silver Wind refurb in November 2018??

laserboi

I expect it’ll be new carpets and suite updates. Fair question though, I’d like to know what we’ve got to look forward to too. When I was on a couple of months ago for lunch, we had a look at the suite we’d booked. It definitely could do with a spruce up - particularly the bathroom which to be brutally honest was pretty out dated and looked poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked before we booked onboard in Sept for July 2019 = it's the cosmetics ...  the CC wasn't sure if they were redoing the dining rooms (phew, I hope they leave 'em), but yes, the carpet and soft goods are a good move. 

16 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Hope the refurb is going to fix the engine/steering issue that kept the Wind in Montreal for 4 days.

Indeed....  I was hoping they'd get round to giving 738 a revamp.... It looked very tired and dated when I visited last month. So much so I seriously considered giving it up.

Engines and steering are a priority though. 

13 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

There is a thread in the Floating Cesspit with the details, not sure how to link to it here. Perhaps the OP will pop back in an update us.

Found the Floataway Lounge forum, but couldn't find the Silver Wind topic.  Even did a generic search in the forum for montreal or silver or wind and it turned up nothing.  Same result with Google search.

I thought they were “musifying”  or “cloudifying” the Wind based on posts in previous threads? Looking at some of the photos of the Cloud, I’m not sure if I like what they have done. If the Wind looks more like th Muse, then IMO, that would be a bit more tasteful. Not to re-do the public spaces (I.e. Restaurant) would be a mistake.  It is a 4 week dry dock, so hopefully this will be a major upgrade to include infrastructure and cosmetics. 

6 hours ago, Sunprince said:

I thought they were “musifying”  or “cloudifying” the Wind based on posts in previous threads? Looking at some of the photos of the Cloud, I’m not sure if I like what they have done. If the Wind looks more like th Muse, then IMO, that would be a bit more tasteful. Not to re-do the public spaces (I.e. Restaurant) would be a mistake.  It is a 4 week dry dock, so hopefully this will be a major upgrade to include infrastructure and cosmetics. 

Theyve already said the November dry dock will not be anything infrastructure wise... just cosmetic... and I expect heavy maintenance for the engine and navigation issues just suffered.

12 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Found the Floataway Lounge forum, but couldn't find the Silver Wind topic.  Even did a generic search in the forum for montreal or silver or wind and it turned up nothing.  Same result with Google search.

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’ve just searched my email notifications and tried to link to the page but the thread no longer exists.

Didn't they say that any posts in the Floataway Lounge made during the downtime would be discarded? Guess that's what happened...

Correct, Stumblefoot. The Floataway lounge existed before the downtime and is now back in its original form after the downtime. The regular floaters are probably glad that we are out of their hair! I had never seen it prior to the downtime.

Posts made during the downtime did not count towards your post total, and were not kept or transferred to the new website's database. So once the upgrade happened, that entire Silver Wind thread vaporized.

I saw that thread too, and read it. So I know that you're not hallucinating. Or under the influence of some Colorado "Rocky Mountain High" LOL.

This also led to the comical situation of first time posters who made their first posts during the downtime. Their screen names showed up with their posts, but said that their total post count was 0.

1 hour ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Boarded the wind on 10/20 - there are at least 8 folks from Callenberg.com to apparently work on the HVAC for the upcoming drydock.  It appears they are setting things up for the drydock.  Will try to find out more details.

Hope you are are enjoying your voyage, and thanks for updating us. I assume the previous voyage problem was fixed well enough not to impact your schedule.