House wines on the Drinks are on Us Caribbean sailings

Kelowna Cruiser

I've yet to see an answer to this question on the forum. La Zolla is the house brand wine on Med sailings which is included in the Classic package, but, I agree with Dave, it's most likely a Californian on US sailings.

MSC's Drinks on Us Promotion info says " a selection of 2 reds, 2 whites, 1 rose, 1 prosecco "

I asked the same question on another thread. Never got an answer. Maybe the wine offerings are so bad that just returned cruisers can't remember (or don't want) to go back on CC to post what MSC is pouring. :eek::mad:(n)

:p

The wines on offer are not good at all very cheap and if you are a wine drinker you will be disapointed

While I would totally agree with you about La Zolla wines (I haven't tried the US sailings' offerings, yet) - and I really don't mean to offend ... but - at €26 pppd for an unlimited amount of a huge range of drinks, you can't really expect better. (It's even cheaper, @ €21 pppd on cruises of 9+ nights). The dry sparkling wine isn't too bad. I've never tried the sweet one, so can't comment.

Since years I did not see anything else from La Zolla. No matter if Med oder Caribbean.

You're quite right, P. Since all-inclusive drinks packages were introduced, the brand included in the basic package has been La Zolla (on sailings where the currency onboard is Euros, that is!)

Not for those of us who aren't familiar with those brands! :rolleyes:

They are cheap cheap wines that many of us drank when we were teenagers! I think they are STILL $1/bottle!! LOL!

I asked the same question on another thread. Never got an answer. Maybe the wine offerings are so bad that just returned cruisers can't remember (or don't want) to go back on CC to post what MSC is pouring. :eek::mad:(n)

:p

Or maybe people just have better things to do in life that to remember what wine they had on cruise.

I guess I’m thankful my taste in wine has not quite matured to match my years!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Either pinot grigio or pinot noir is that upscale just wanted to know if it's available to be served on the classic package.

• 1 month later...
Either pinot grigio or pinot noir is that upscale just wanted to know if it's available to be served on the classic package.

The Classic package includes the following Pinots:

Pinot Grigio Colli Orientali del Friuli "La Vigne di Zamo"

Pinot Nero "Torti"

We did not try both yet, but none of the "classic" wines disappointed us so far.

We just returned from the Seaside. We purchased the Deluxe package so we only know what a few people said. Beer drinkers seemed satisfied but wine drinkers were not. The Deluxe package cost $ 26 a day but was well worth it. It included the Venchi

chocolate bar which had great cappucino, better coffee, gelato and fabulous chocolate martinis. Every bar had good cocktails there were great wines available. A champagne bar. We ordered a great red Cab from CA that was priced at $12.50 per glass but covered under the deluxe package.

If you like wine and enjoy a cocktail or two it would be smart to buy that Deluxe package. $ 26 x six days is $ 156 . Well worth it.