Pursuit 12 Sept ex Barcelona

procter

Keep your eyes open. Azamara promotions are much like the buses. Another will be along shortly! Whether you can make the pricing work even with an offer is another matter of course. Fingers crossed. The fact that so many cabins are available bodes well (or not as far as Azamara is concerned). Good luck!

Phil

I thought about waiting and I can wait for the April 2019 one for a few more months as we wouldn't have bought our Australian airfare yet, but once that's done, we'll be set for the spring and it will be in AU and not the Med. We had to redo our rentals in Greece once Azamara corrected their pricing error, so that ship has sailed ....pun intended ;) there's no changing that one. I truly do expect the April Lisbon to Barcelona to go onsale, there are absolutely tons of availability but I do only have so long to wait before I have to commit and co-ordinate our vacation times.

We had to redo our rentals in Greece once Azamara corrected their pricing error, so that ship has sailed ....pun intended ;)

Yes, I remember reading about that and have a friend who got caught up in the same debacle with balcony cabins. The only reason I have two Pursuit bookings is they forgot to readjust the OV cabin price at the same time I think, so I got them at a relative bargain. The prices have been corrected now unfortunately.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

We are booked in a category 05 cabin (4044), so it should be OK if we stay put.

However, we love having breakfast on the balcony if weather permits so we usually book a veranda cabin.

Hopefully we will be offered the LCV upgrade if cabins are available, or maybe a balcony for the price of an inside offer will come along that we can take advantage of.

Must confess I think the LCV upgrades are a bit of a lottery. Have applied many times without any success. Am Discoverer Plus level and have often done the paperwork many many months before the cruise so am puzzled that it has never worked for us.

One of our two June b2b's is wide open and we applied for this upgrade more than a year in advance so we'll see what happens this time. I certainly hope they don't offload a huge amount of unsold cabins to a US consolidator as has been their recent strategy.

Must admit we have been given free upgrades once or twice which was a lovely surprise and which we were very grateful for

You mention free upgrades!

On my cruise in Oct/Nov 2017 we had a Verandah. I had applied for an LCV upgrade to CC Suite as soon as we booked - at least 10 months before the cruise. I was not too surprised that we weren’t offered an upgrade as I realise it’s harder to get an upgrade to CC than to Verandah. However I was not too pleased to talk to a couple on the cruise who had been given a free upgrade from Ocean View to CC Suite two weeks before the cruise started!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You mention free upgrades!

On my cruise in Oct/Nov 2017 we had a Verandah. I had applied for an LCV upgrade to CC Suite as soon as we booked - at least 10 months before the cruise. I was not too surprised that we weren’t offered an upgrade as I realise it’s harder to get an upgrade to CC than to Verandah. However I was not too pleased to talk to a couple on the cruise who had been given a free upgrade from Ocean View to CC Suite two weeks before the cruise started!

The same happened to me. Applied for upgrade from Veranda to Suite, more than 10 months in advance. I am discover plus. No upgrade. Others got it. I wonder why...

Ivi

I know why I didn’t get the LCV upgrade on my Feb cruise on Quest! They had 20 plus balconies available at $6000 pp and then at the 80 day mark, they sold them off at $2000 pp! So, after doing the paperwork one year in advance and being Discoverer Plus.....no upgrade offer. This is what seems to be happening more and more.

It’s been happening for years, in 2014 pre LCV upgrades we had booked a VX then noticed CC suites were being sold cheaply so enquired via our ta about an upgrade to be told we would have to pay the full original price. Our travel agent persevered and eventually we got a price we were prepared to pay even though in total we paid more than those booking last minute. Once onboard we talked to a couple who were first timers on Azamara who had been given a free upgrade to a CC presumably because they were top level on Royal Caribbean.

To be fair, I don’t think Azamara ever said LCV members were getting priority on upgrades. Upgrades have always been given for a variety of reasons of which loyalty is only one. It’s nice when an upgrade happens but if it doesn’t we have to remember we got what we paid for - and never stress if you hear others appear to have had the nod rather than you. Could be worse, you could be back home!

To be fair, I don’t think Azamara ever said LCV members were getting priority on upgrades. Upgrades have always been given for a variety of reasons of which loyalty is only one. It’s nice when an upgrade happens but if it doesn’t we have to remember we got what we paid for - and never stress if you hear others appear to have had the nod rather than you. Could be worse, you could be back home!

After 86 cruises and never being offered an upgrade we only book a cabin grade we will be happy with.

Completely agree Ann. On the very odd occasion we have been fortunate enough to be given a free upgrade have felt that it was not appropriate to discuss it with other guests other than those we might be travelling with. I would hate that our lovely surprise might upset another cruiser.