Information about the Port of Bilbao

almostnewtocruise

I am sure that many of the "regulars" here have already docked there, while on one of Azamara ships.

So I would be very grateful to hear anything you can tell us about it.

Like where does Azamara dock (is it the regular cruise port which is quite distant from the town)? Is a shuttle offered and if so - where to? (city centre?)

By the way.. the brochure for our cruise in September 2018 lists a shore excursion to the Guggenheim Museum. But this excursion "doesn't exist" on the website for our cruise (through "manage my reservation" ).

(I didn't checked all of the other ports, so I am not sure if that's the only difference between the brochure and the actual shore excursions offered.)

Generally speaking, I am sooo frustrated with the Azamara way of "managing" one's reservation.

How many years should it take to get it right? I am still using this convoluted way (thanks Uktog, I learned it from you!:D) even to GET into my reservations, because the "regular way" is impossible (the select button still missing!)

And why Celebrity managed to get the booking "excursions -for-OBC" to work just fine and Azamara (just 2 ships) can't do it?

It's all wonderful to buy new ships and make changes to the entertainment.. In comparison, making the website working smoothly seems like "small change". It just seems like nobody in Miami really cares.

miriam

No need for an excursion to the wonderful Guggenheim- the Azamara shuttle two years ago stopped just round the corner from the plaza that leads to the entrance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In September the shuttle bus dropped you by the museum. The Azamazing evening was on the city and so we stayed in town and walked to the venue rather than travel backwards and forwards. A great city to explore and fantastic Basque food

Like others, our 10-15min shuttle in 2014 dropped us in town and about a 5 minute walk from the wonderful Guggenheim. We later walked along the redeveloped riverfront to a busy vibrant part of town. We loved everything about the day and had a terrific White Night with perfect weather.

Relax. Azamara almost convinced us to buy their excursion. Luckily it was sold out. Bilbao is an excellent port. The town provided tourist reps on the ship who gave away maps and info. They also provided free shuttles that went into town. Bus stop was a block away from the Guggenheim. At that stop there are more tourist info people to point you in the right direction. We went to the Guggenheim, got senior discount at the museum, ate a nice tapas lunch at their cafe. Our cost less than 20 euros for 2. Ship tour excursion was $100+ pp. We also went to the Fine Arts Museum which is very close to the bus stop. It was also excellent.