Royal Caribbean’s early bird specials

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:27 PM.
#1
Sydney Australia
487 Posts
Joined May 2017
RC released their 2020 calendar.
We have 3 cruises we are looking at but we are negotiating with friends.
Friends are the biggest problem.

$200 deposits???

I think they are a good buy

Any advice?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Phillip
#2
gold coast
294 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
find some expensive, 14 day reposition cruise sing - syd $2,444 and only 3 stops, would rather do majestic 19 day $2,599 syd - sing with 7 stops, waiting to book this on the 19th, just hoping there is a 10-11 day after that up to shanghai, sth pacific on both lines are the same itinerary but we haven't got a lot of choices being down here.
#3
Canberra, Australia
163 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Probably are a good buy. We booked last October for this coming December on Ovation and got a fantastic price, $200pp deposit and free cancellation until July, balance due in October. I was very pleased and the same cabin now would cost about 500 dollars extra each. I'd book, you can always cancel but you might not always get that deal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Suzanne

Pacific Explorer - July 2017
Carnival Spirit - June 2017
Pacific Eden - December 2015
Carnival Spirit - April 2015
Pacific Jewel - March 2014
#4
Australia
1,080 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
I have booked a 2020 cruise on Ovation. Happy to pay the refundable $200 deposit to get the cabin I wanted. Last cruise, I booked 3 weeks before sail date so 2 years in advance is going to be a long wait. Lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rhapsody of the Seas - Christmas Cruise - South Pacific
Voyager of the Seas - New Years Eve Cruise - NZ & Fiji
Explorer of the Seas - November - South Pacific
Carnival Spirit - Tasmania
#5
Sydney Australia
487 Posts
Joined May 2017
I’ve done some research and I think the price now is pretty close to what the discounts just after final payment date would be.

But you never know.

We have booked a junior suite on the ovation to NZ and I’m happy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Phillip
#6
Canberra Australia
44,897 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
They have some good deals, research helps pick the winners. In addition, if it is a one off (per season) type itinerary the cruise will tend to go up and up in price due to demand, as opposed to the itineraries that run 5 or 6 times a season, which may drop in price to fill the ships.
#7
38 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by MicCanberra
They have some good deals, research helps pick the winners. In addition, if it is a one off (per season) type itinerary the cruise will tend to go up and up in price due to demand, as opposed to the itineraries that run 5 or 6 times a season, which may drop in price to fill the ships.
.....i had a lookie-see at the early bird specials wasn't really planning to book anything but over the tops and underneaths don't happen too many times a season, the pricing was keen and we hadn't done one since 2012 so I thought why not ...and booked us on Radiance's Perth to Sydney 18 nighter Feb 2020 .... and .....managed to get us $10pp deposits....win win..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DIAMOND - RCL .... ELITE - PRINCESS .... ATLANTIC - P&O UK
Celebrating 20 years of cruising the world ......fingers crossed for another 20
TRAVEL - WANDER - EXPLORE - LIVE - BLAME IT ON MY GYPSY SOUL
#8
Canberra Australia
44,897 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by essandjaybee
.....i had a lookie-see at the early bird specials wasn't really planning to book anything but over the tops and underneaths don't happen too many times a season, the pricing was keen and we hadn't done one since 2012 so I thought why not ...and booked us on Radiance's Perth to Sydney 18 nighter Feb 2020 .... and .....managed to get us $10pp deposits....win win..
Good work. those itineraries are very popular so demand will drive the prices up.
#9
38 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by Chiliburn
$10 bucks deposit how can you go wrong.

What agent ?
No agents to be mentioned ruling here ....sorry ... google $10 cruise deposit and see what comes up
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DIAMOND - RCL .... ELITE - PRINCESS .... ATLANTIC - P&O UK
Celebrating 20 years of cruising the world ......fingers crossed for another 20
TRAVEL - WANDER - EXPLORE - LIVE - BLAME IT ON MY GYPSY SOUL
#10
Sydney Australia
487 Posts
Joined May 2017
They removed my post,I wasn’t aware you can’t name agents.

Still $10 deposit is good,you can’t go wrong.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Phillip
#11
Sydney, Australia
831 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
I also just booked my mum and her friends on radiance over the top in February 2020. Excellent price, $10 deposit, we saved over $350pp from the RCCL price, so pretty happy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2007 Pacific Sky, 2010 Pacific Sun, 2011 Navigator of the Seas, 2012 Pacific Sun, 2014 Celebrity Reflection, 2015 Carnival Spirit, 2015 Celebrity Solstice, 2016 Radiance of the Seas, 2016 Celebrity Infinity, 2017 Le Boreal-Antarctica!, 2017 NCL-Getaway, 2017 Celebrity Solstice, 2018 Celebrity Solstice
#12
135 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by gogo65
I also just booked my mum and her friends on radiance over the top in February 2020. Excellent price, $10 deposit, we saved over $350pp from the RCCL price, so pretty happy.
Hope this does not sound silly but as I am not receiving requested promotional material from RCI ,where are you seeing these 2020 cruises. Please don't mention agents names, just want to know if it is agents or direct with RCI. Googled $10 deposit as suggested but could not find 2020 cruises.

Thank you, John.
#13
Gold Coast
11,006 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by JohnGc
Hope this does not sound silly but as I am not receiving requested promotional material from RCI ,where are you seeing these 2020 cruises. Please don't mention agents names, just want to know if it is agents or direct with RCI. Googled $10 deposit as suggested but could not find 2020 cruises.
Thank you, John.
Google Radiance of the Seas February 2020 $10 Deposit and a number of on line agents will come up. Peruse and make your selection.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2018 - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to Halifax, Canada (Booked)
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2018 - Halifax, Canada to Miami, Florida (Booked)
Azamara - Journey - 2017 - Singapore to Hong Kong
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
#14
86 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Originally posted by essandjaybee
No agents to be mentioned ruling here ....sorry ... google $10 cruise deposit and see what comes up


Thanks essandjaybee for the tip. I’ve just saved $600 on two staterooms plus got double OBC on what was offered on official cruise line site. Legend!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#15
38 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by Jandex
Thanks essandjaybee for the tip. I’ve just saved $600 on two staterooms plus got double OBC on what was offered on official cruise line site. Legend!
Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Yay great savings...well done ... happy to pass on info whilst remaining compliant
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DIAMOND - RCL .... ELITE - PRINCESS .... ATLANTIC - P&O UK
Celebrating 20 years of cruising the world ......fingers crossed for another 20
TRAVEL - WANDER - EXPLORE - LIVE - BLAME IT ON MY GYPSY SOUL
#16
135 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by MMDown Under
Google Radiance of the Seas February 2020 $10 Deposit and a number of on line agents will come up. Peruse and make your selection.
Great. Thank you.