Concierge Class ... no more

mit429

Many of my questions are already answered on the Gym and Spa EDGE thread...looks like Steiner and Elemis are back for EDGE....no CR.,

Suggest folks interested in Spa info go to that thread and leave this thread for the Concierge / AQ class issues,..

Edited by hcat

Thanks for posting ( Lloyd) and re posting (vt) the spa video...

Made me quite satisfied that we continued with AQ class for our EDGE cruise..Has always been our preference. Spa plus Blu ......great combo at the AQ class price point...so far! Will be looking to book AQ for 2020 after seeing this mini reveal!

Spa is Interesting...seems to be missing an aromatherapy rm, but maybe I missed it, Salt breathing is of course the new hot item and the other rooms and loungers look nice as well...Steam room and dry sauna are the bulwarks of any spa and they are there,, Best of all they will be fresh and new!

Overall the decor seems quite masculine in design and crypt like...very cold. Hope warmth and softness are added with candles, flowers, aromas, music, art......soft goods,,.

Update SEE GYM AND SPA THREAD FOR MORE INFO

My TA got a call this morning that our concierge class rooms are going away and being re-branded as Aqua.

Works out better for us, but I’m curious as to the change.

Anyone else hear this?

I wonder if it was maybe just our rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was a waste of $$$$.

I’m delighted by this upgrade! Get the position I wanted and all the benefits of the new spa. So far my dining reservations at the new MDRs haven’t gone away but I’d imagine we’ll go to Blu three nights of the seven as I’ve bought the four night speciality dining package and won’t be cancelling that.

I just heard from a cruiser who was one of those individuals whose cabin was now AQ. He said that they were not happy about eating in Blu due to wanting to try the new restaurants and had made their reservations. He stated that Celebrity told them that they could not do that and must eat in Blu. I responded and asked what the final decision was about the cabin, as he did not say on one of the Edge group sites. He added that Celebrity would not bend and he found them very difficult to deal with on this...very interesting, so not everyone is happy!

I just heard from a cruiser who was one of those individuals whose cabin was now AQ. He said that they were not happy about eating in Blu due to wanting to try the new restaurants and had made their reservations. He stated that Celebrity told them that they could not do that and must eat in Blu. I responded and asked what the final decision was about the cabin, as he did not say on one of the Edge group sites. He added that Celebrity would not bend and he found them very difficult to deal with on this...very interesting, so not everyone is happy!

Yes I also posted here about the same reaction. I had pre booked all my restaurants (rotating through each twice) and planned around sail away time at each port.

I have been advised they will be cancelled(they haven’t yet), we now will need to either go to main restaurants without reservations and hope there is space or a short wait, or Blu without reservations. As most of our sail away times are after 7pm I expect we will always have long lines to get into any restaurant 😩

Are you saying that we are obligated to eat only at Blu because we are now in an AQ class cabin? Our cabin was also reclassed and we have dinner reservations elsewhere. I find that hard to believe.

Yes, if you are in Aqua Class, Blue is your dining room.

Aqua Class passengers who wish to dine in one of the MDR's may request to do so on a space available basis, but the other passengers have priority. You would need to coordinate that request with the Blu Maitre D.

Are you saying that we are obligated to eat only at Blu because we are now in an AQ class cabin? Our cabin was also reclassed and we have dinner reservations elsewhere. I find that hard to believe.

You can obviously eat in specialty restaurants but otherwise you can only eat in the MDR’s if there is space, and yes your reservations in the MDR’s will be cancelled 😡

That was us. I posted my concerns earlier on this post. We ended up changed from our C-2 which was now an AQ1 to a new C-2 that we had to settle for. They would not protect our dinner reservations that we had painfully planned around our plans and port departure times. We would be assigned to Blu and would have to wait till boarding day to take our chances on new reservations. X’s flexibility was zero. They where polite and professional but no give even with our history of travel with RCI , X and Azmara. So our 12123 cabin now is on the deck below the pool a cabin we would never book willingly and we have instructed our TA that this will be our last cruise with X or any of their lines.

The most frustrating thing we faced was the simplicity of our request and the inflexibility by X on a problem that they created. I’m not even getting into the way we found out about it and the lack of plans that X had to mitigate any customer concerns.

After Edge we will more often use O,Regent and Viking to enjoy our cruises. We didn’t cancel this cruise because we want to experience Edge and it’s supposed industry changing approach to cruising.

Their defense of “its our policy” was all they ever offered with vailed remarks about “ you should be pleased with the upgrade”. I think that was their real plan.

Bottom line they lost us as a long time customer and gained a consistent proponent of their lack of common sense approach to problems they create for their customers. You are already starting to see folks with concerns with Edge about the space being carved out of the ship to classify the ship. Blu,Luminae,The retreat, what’s next? New business model which is entirely their option to do. All I could do as a customer is voice my opinion and vote with my dollars. They lost both. 😎

Yes I also posted here about the same reaction. I had pre booked all my restaurants (rotating through each twice) and planned around sail away time at each port.

I have been advised they will be cancelled(they haven’t yet), we now will need to either go to main restaurants without reservations and hope there is space or a short wait, or Blu without reservations. As most of our sail away times are after 7pm I expect we will always have long lines to get into any restaurant 😩

Gabriele, please keep me informed if they don’t cancel them. That was what they refused to do with us. My rage would climb to a whole different level if that happens. Ed

Were any the original cabins triple occupancy? I wonder how it was handled if there were booked as triples, since all Aqua staterooms are double occupancy only:confused:

Ours was a occupancy of 2. Don’t have any other info on any other cabin affected. 🧐

Yes, if you are in Aqua Class, Blue is your dining room.

Aqua Class passengers who wish to dine in one of the MDR's may request to do so on a space available basis, but the other passengers have priority. You would need to coordinate that request with the Blu Maitre D.

Yes AQ is Blu, All Suites are Luminae and all other passengers will be assigned to one of the following, Normandie,Cypress,Cosmopolitan or Tuscan. :cool: