What Are You Looking Forward To The Most On The Edge?

vtcruising

Is there a charge for this adult only solarium. We are staying in AQ room- is this included or is it only the suites?? Or can any adult use the solarium??

The adult solarium is for all adults and looks lovely 😃

The Retreat is a suite only area and children are allowed.

I hope so!! I've already scheduled my dining - 2 nights in Cyprus, 2 nights in Cosmopolitan, 1 night in Tuscan...and 1 night at the steak place and 1 night in Eden. For the MDRs I contemplated making a reservation each night for the same one because I'm gluten-free and feel more comfortable with the same servers - which at least on RCCL I've been able to do with their MTD by booking at the same time each night - but I don't know that I'm enamored with any of them enough to do all 5 non-specialty nights in them. So we'll see...

I have the 4 night package and cannot figure out how to book my reservations? Is there something I am missing? Can I do it online? The website seems to run me in circles.:confused:

I have the 4 night package and cannot figure out how to book my reservations? Is there something I am missing? Can I do it online? The website seems to run me in circles.:confused:

I don't have a package. I'm just using OBC. From what I've read, you can't book ahead of time with a package - you have to do it onboard.

The website is taking me in circles too, I can’t access my cruise planner. :(

ty:)

My recommendation for those with packages is to have a list of your preferred restaurants, dates and times when you board and head immediately to a specialty dining table and make the reservations before they run out of the dates and times you desire. They do book up fast on some cruises. They usually have a table set up outside the Ocean View Cafe ( buffet) when we board.

We did this last time we had a package and were able to get all the times we wanted. [emoji2]

My recommendation for those with packages is to have a list of your preferred restaurants, dates and times when you board and head immediately to a specialty dining table and make the reservations before they run out of the dates and times you desire. They do book up fast on some cruises. They usually have a table set up outside the Ocean View Cafe ( buffet) when we board.

We did this last time we had a package and were able to get all the times we wanted. [emoji2]

That’s a good idea. I plan on buying the 3 night dinner package. I’m thinking restaurants will be much busier on the Edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s a good idea. I plan on buying the 3 night dinner package. I’m thinking restaurants will be much busier on the Edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you are right. Everyone will want to try the specialty restaurants since they are all new. It will be interesting to see what our new favorite is - we love Murano so hopefully the Fine Cut Steakhouse will be as good! I wonder if they will have chocolate soufflé? [emoji6]

I'm excited AND nervous. I am normally a Disney Cruise girl with occasional forays into RCCL Radiance Class, so this is a big leap for me! New to me line AND new ship!!

(Mainly why I am sticking with my known Hilton brand for my pre-cruise couple of nights. Keep something familiar!)

Just have to wait until Feb 17!!

w - I say mix it up a whole lot and stay somewhere new as well...

Keep the excitement on a roll, you can do it!

:D bon voyage

w - I say mix it up a whole lot and stay somewhere new as well...

Keep the excitement on a roll, you can do it!

:D bon voyage

There isn't really any other place in my budget that I'm interested in. Honestly I'd prefer to stay in Miami Beach which I love, but I think it's their Food and Wine thingy weekend because I know it happens around that time and a LOT of stuff is already sold out - or way out of my range.

Ft. Lauderdale is new to me, so there's that.

There isn't really any other place in my budget that I'm interested in. Honestly I'd prefer to stay in Miami Beach which I love, but I think it's their Food and Wine thingy weekend because I know it happens around that time and a LOT of stuff is already sold out - or way out of my range.

Ft. Lauderdale is new to me, so there's that.

I understand for sure...

bon voyage!

Honestly I'd prefer to stay in Miami Beach which I love, but I think it's their Food and Wine thingy weekend because I know it happens around that time and a LOT of stuff is already sold out - or way out of my range.

I live between Miami and Fort Lauderdale...

I haven't seen the 2019 dates published yet--they may be on the web--but the Miami International Boat Show is typically held over Presidents' Day weekend with the South Beach Wine & Food Festival staged over the following weekend...

Southeast Florida always attracts a huge influx of vacationers and cruise ship passengers [sailing from Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades (which is where Edge will be based) and PortMiami] during winter but both events certainly do add to the demand for hotel accommodation throughout the area during the latter part of February [probably the busiest tourism weeks of the year]...

I might consider booking a hotel that appeals to you now--if only as a placeholder--given that hotel availability and pricing is not apt to get better as your "prime time" visit date approaches... If you book without cancellation penalty, you can continue to monitor the market frequently for possible changes in availability/pricing should bookings fail to materialize as well/as quickly as hotel operators anticipate...

The Fort Lauderdale area is very nice with it's own version of fun in the sun--I actually prefer it to the mayhem that can be South Beach--and could not be more convenient if sailing from Port Everglades [FLL airport--busy but to my mind less zooey than MIA--is immediately adjacent to the cruise port]...

Speaking of FLL hotels and what I am looking forward to the most on the Edge, I have booked the Hilton Marina with a port view from the balcony. I am so looking forward to seeing the Edge from my balcony before the cruise (at least I hope it will be visible from our viewpoint). What a thrill that will be after years of waiting!! :D

Speaking of FLL hotels and what I am looking forward to the most on the Edge, I have booked the Hilton Marina with a port view from the balcony. I am so looking forward to seeing the Edge from my balcony before the cruise (at least I hope it will be visible from our viewpoint). What a thrill that will be after years of waiting!! :D

As a local, I've never stayed at The Hilton Marina but I have attended a wedding there and had lunch there with friends from Australia who occupied a southeast corner balcony room--there's was on the top floor-- with port view]... It strikes me as a pleasant hotel [my friends liked it] and it is certainly well located in terms of shops [including supermarkets, pharmacies, and a Total Wine for last minute purchases if needed], an array of restaurants, and one of the access points to the port...

I surely don't want to rain on your parade but nor do I want you to set yourself up for potential disappointment in terms of previewing Edge from your hotel room... Following is a link to a map of Port Everglades...

• https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Facilties_Map_UPDATED_August_5_2016_967fef41-99cb-400e-a99b-a0bbb8b935be.pdf
  • Your hotel is located on the north side of the Seventeenth Street Causeway [the port is located on the south side] just west of the bridge crossing the Intracoastal Waterway [to the left of the "binoculars" on the map]... The easterly end of the hotel features port views; the westerly end faces the Convention Center...
  • The most proximate cruise terminals in your field of vision are #1, #2 and #4... Terminal #1 is small and tends to be used for a ferry to Freeport, Grand Bahama... Terminals #2 and #4 are most always used by Princess and Carnival Cruises...
  • Royal Caribbean and Port Everglades have ventured to reconstruct Terminal #25--the work is well under way--as home terminal to Edge [just as they did to reconstruct Terminal #18--in 2009--to accommodate (primarily) Royal's Oasis Class ships]... Terminal #25 is located south of the channel to the Atlantic and--in total--likely a mile south of the Seventeenth Street Causeway... So while you may get a glimpse of Edge in the distance [binoculars/a telephoto camera lens may help], it seem to me that the height of any Princess/Carnival ship that may be in port could obstruct the view from your hotel...

If you arrive in Fort Lauderdale a day/two before you sail and enjoy watching cruise ships leave port in the afternoon [generally starting at about 4:00 PM; most days there is at least one cruise ship turnaround at Port Everglades during winter], locals know that some of the best views can be had from Fifteenth Street Fisheries [located just behind your hotel facing the Intracoastal Waterway; I don't know if there is a direct walkway, there may be a small residential inlet in the way]... First level is an outdoor bar with snacks available; second level is a restaurant [good but not necessarily a personal favorite] with a broad expanse of windows for viewing [they won't assure a window table if one makes a reservation but, as prime viewing time is early in the context of dinner, I've never had difficulty in securing a window table]... My visitors--many of whom are fellow cruise fanatics--always enjoy the place...

I certainly don't want to dampen your pre-cruise enthusiasm--perhaps I will be wrong and the stars will align perfectly during your stay--but hope you appreciate, at least conceptually, my candor...

Enjoy your time aboard Edge! I'm certainly looking forward to sailing her too!

Edited by Xport

As a local, I've never stayed at The Hilton Marina but I have attended a wedding there and had lunch there with friends from Australia who occupied a southeast corner balcony room--there's was on the top floor-- with port view]... It strikes me as a pleasant hotel [my friends liked it] and it is certainly well located in terms of shops [including supermarkets, pharmacies, and a Total Wine for last minute purchases if needed], an array of restaurants, and one of the access points to the port...

I surely don't want to rain on your parade but nor do I want you to set yourself up for potential disappointment in terms of previewing Edge from your hotel room... Following is a link to a map of Port Everglades...

•  
  • https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Facilties_Map_UPDATED_August_5_2016_967fef41-99cb-400e-a99b-a0bbb8b935be.pdf

• Your hotel is located on the north side of the Seventeenth Street Causeway [the port is located on the south side] just west of the bridge crossing the Intracoastal Waterway [to the left of the "binoculars" on the map]... The easterly end of the hotel features port views; the westerly end faces the Convention Center...

• The most proximate cruise terminals in your field of vision are #1, #2 and #4... Terminal #1 is small and tends to be used for a ferry to Freeport, Grand Bahama... Terminals #2 and #4 are most always used by Princess Cruises...

• Royal Caribbean and Port Everglades have ventured to reconstruct Terminal #25--the work is well under way--as home terminal to Edge [just as they did to reconstruct Terminal #18--in 2009--to accommodate (primarily) Royal's Oasis Class ships]... Terminal #25 is located south of the channel to the Atlantic and--in total--likely a mile south of the Seventeenth Street Causeway... So while you may get a glimpse of Edge in the distance [binoculars/a telephoto camera lens may help], it seem to me that the height of any Princess ship that may be in port could obstruct the view from your hotel...

If you arrive in Fort Lauderdale a day/two before you sail and enjoy watching cruise ships leave port in the afternoon [generally starting at about 4:00 PM; most days there is at least one cruise ship turnaround at Port Everglades during winter], locals know that some of the best views can be had from Fifteenth Street Fisheries [located just behind your hotel facing the Intracoastal Waterway; I don't know if there is a direct walkway, there may be a small residential inlet in the way]... First level is an outdoor bar with snacks available; second level is a restaurant [good but not necessarily a personal favorite] with a broad expanse of windows for viewing [they won't assure a window table if one makes a reservation but, as prime viewing time is early in the context of dinner, I've never had difficulty in securing a window table]... My visitors--many of whom are fellow cruise fanatics--always enjoy the place...

I certainly don't want to dampen your pre-cruise enthusiasm--perhaps I will be wrong and the stars will align perfectly during your stay--but hope you appreciate, at least conceptually, my candor...

Thanks! I did research the terminal map before booking and saw where 25 is in relation to the hotel. I booked a room with the best possibility of seeing the ships. We have stayed in FLL many times and love the 15th St Fisheries- another reason we booked there and also close to water taxi. I will see what I see - will be there a couple of days ahead of time so will hopefully get a peek! [emoji2] The

rep said she would be in port before that 1st cruise for a few days getting ready.

I live between Miami and Fort Lauderdale...

I haven't seen the 2019 dates published yet--they may be on the web--but the Miami International Boat Show is typically held over Presidents' Day weekend with the South Beach Wine & Food Festival staged over the following weekend...

Southeast Florida always attracts a huge influx of vacationers and cruise ship passengers [sailing from Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades (which is where Edge will be based) and PortMiami] during winter but both events certainly do add to the demand for hotel accommodation throughout the area during the latter part of February [probably the busiest tourism weeks of the year]...

I might consider booking a hotel that appeals to you now--if only as a placeholder--given that hotel availability and pricing is not apt to get better as your "prime time" visit date approaches... If you book without cancellation penalty, you can continue to monitor the market frequently for possible changes in availability/pricing should bookings fail to materialize as well/as quickly as hotel operators anticipate...

The Fort Lauderdale area is very nice with it's own version of fun in the sun--I actually prefer it to the mayhem that can be South Beach--and could not be more convenient if sailing from Port Everglades [FLL airport--busy but to my mind less zooey than MIA--is immediately adjacent to the cruise port]...

That's it. I remembered there was something before and after my parents and I cruised on the Disney Magic a couple of years ago.

I have booked the Hilton Marina for now and will keep looking at options. I am not into the craziness bit of South Beach, but 2 of my favorite Cuban restaurants are in Miami - one in South Beach and one in the Design District - so that's why that is my preference. BUT there is a strong likelihood that I'll be taking a Magic cruise over my Spring Break and that's out of Miami, so I can get those in then.

• The most proximate cruise terminals in your field of vision are #1, #2 and #4... Terminal #1 is small and tends to be used for a ferry to Freeport, Grand Bahama... Terminals #2 and #4 are most always used by Princess and Carnival Cruises...
  • Royal Caribbean and Port Everglades have ventured to reconstruct Terminal #25--the work is well under way--as home terminal to Edge [just as they did to reconstruct Terminal #18--in 2009--to accommodate (primarily) Royal's Oasis Class ships]... Terminal #25 is located south of the channel to the Atlantic and--in total--likely a mile south of the Seventeenth Street Causeway... So while you may get a glimpse of Edge in the distance [binoculars/a telephoto camera lens may help], it seem to me that the height of any Princess/Carnival ship that may be in port could obstruct the view from your hotel...

Speaking of wine... Does Celebrity allow you to bring any on board?

• 3 weeks later...