7th deck splash

lais

We were on the Marina on deck 7 near the front elevators. It was uncomfortable sitting on the balcony with all of the sea spray. Now I booked an extended balcony on the front of the ship. Has anyone stayed in these cabins and experienced the same splash? I’m in 7008 and researched all the wonderful reviews of this cabin but no one mentioned the splash so maybe it not an issue in that cabin? We spend a lot of time on our balcony so this is a concern.

Many people have reported not being able to use their balcony in those Vista suites while the ship is underway due to wind.

7008 is on the side those are the extended ones open on 2 sides

I would imagine you still get salt spray

7008 is on the side those are the extended ones open on 2 sides

I would imagine you still get salt spray

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention, I saw front of ship and thought Vista.

Let's keep in mind that Deck 7 is somewhere around 60 feet above the waterline.

606-large-44c4c17332cace2124a1a836d9fc4b6f.jpg

To get water up that high, there would have to be pretty significant wave/winds going on-

That is more a function of where you are cruising than where the cabin is.

TA's are cheaper for a reason.

To get water up that high, there would have to be pretty significant wave/winds going on-

Heading south to Rio.

But we were in the Caribbean then transatlantic on that cruise. Never noticed waves or wind just regular cruising and the splash was significant.

We have been in 7008 on the Marina during a transatlantic. We did not notice a lot of salt spray, but there is significant blowing and rattling on the forward dividers when the ship is sailing against the wind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Marina on deck 7 near the front elevators. It was uncomfortable sitting on the balcony with all of the sea spray. Now I booked an extended balcony on the front of the ship. Has anyone stayed in these cabins and experienced the same splash? I’m in 7008 and researched all the wonderful reviews of this cabin but no one mentioned the splash so maybe it not an issue in that cabin? We spend a lot of time on our balcony so this is a concern.

Ok, I have spent a month in 7008 and picked it because the divider forward is a wind and spray shield. Too the view looking aft is fantastic On interest is that the extended balcony go out to the edge of the hull. All the other balconies are set back some 6-8 feet from the hull edge. AND they get a wind burble that develops from the wind passing around the forward superstructure and bridge.... No way would I ever stay in a vista which faces forward and is a wind intake. Speaking of wind, the aft sections of the extended balcony are much more prone to wind as they have the burble hitting them like a small whirl wind.

The burble actually accelerates the wind velosity as it spills over and around the forward bridge ( called " cape effect," well known to sailors that a wind is accelerated on the lee side of a cape, in this case the bridge and all foward superstructure. 7008 is in a dead air shelter and is golden !!!!! Sitting with the 2 chairs against the partition , looking aft with a drink is magical !!!

Ok, I have spent a month in 7008 and picked it because the divider forward is a wind and spray shield. Too the view looking aft is fantastic On interest is that the extended balcony go out to the edge of the hull. All the other balconies are set back some 6-8 feet from the hull edge. AND they get a wind burble that develops from the wind passing around the forward superstructure and bridge.... No way would I ever stay in a vista which faces forward and is a wind intake. Speaking of wind, the aft sections of the extended balcony are much more prone to wind as they have the burble hitting them like a small whirl wind.

The burble actually accelerates the wind velosity as it spills over and around the forward bridge ( called " cape effect," well known to sailors that a wind is accelerated on the lee side of a cape, in this case the bridge and all foward superstructure. 7008 is in a dead air shelter and is golden !!!!! Sitting with the 2 chairs against the partition , looking aft with a drink is magical !!!

Thank you. I saw you sitting out on that deck. Papeete to Lima? We met briefly at the cruise critic get together.