MSC Seaside - YC Dining Room

FrankLasVegas

We enjoyed the food and service on seaside this past july for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Arthur was our waiter for most of our 14 nights of meals and he is awesome. The other waiter we had for a couple of meals was Roshan and he was also good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We just got off the ship on Saturday. We ate in the YC dining room for all of our dinners as well as two breakfasts. Arthur and his assistant, King, took great care of us all week, although Arthur goes on vacation this Saturday and has not yet received his new assignment. As far as the food, my wife summed it up best when she said, "They have mastered meat." Whether it was steak in the YC dining room or lamb chops at the YC pool grill, the meats were all excellent. Vegetables on the side, however, are practically non-existent. On "lobster night," I kid you not--my vegetable was one slice of zucchini cut into two pieces. It was pretty much like that all week. With that said, we did enjoy practically everything we ordered in the YC dining room. And with Arthur, there was never any shortage of wine!

We just got off the ship on Saturday. We ate in the YC dining room for all of our dinners as well as two breakfasts. Arthur and his assistant, King, took great care of us all week, although Arthur goes on vacation this Saturday and has not yet received his new assignment. As far as the food, my wife summed it up best when she said, "They have mastered meat." Whether it was steak in the YC dining room or lamb chops at the YC pool grill, the meats were all excellent. Vegetables on the side, however, are practically non-existent. On "lobster night," I kid you not--my vegetable was one slice of zucchini cut into two pieces. It was pretty much like that all week. With that said, we did enjoy practically everything we ordered in the YC dining room. And with Arthur, there was never any shortage of wine!
That is awesome for Arthur as he got to extend his contract to end of this month. From talking with him in july, that means he gets to spend Christmas holidays this year with hia family. I think it has been 5 years or so he has spent holidays at sea.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

That is awesome for Arthur as he got to extend his contract to end of this month. From talking with him in july, that means he gets to spend Christmas holidays this year with hia family. I think it has been 5 years or so he has spent holidays at sea.

I wonder if he'll be back on Seaside in January? We sail on 1/12, and would love to request him.

That may not be the case. The crew are often called back earlier than the 3 month break they should have. If they refuse, they are often left for longer 'til they get another call-up (or risk not even getting another contract!) Many crew members have told me this over the course of the years.

OMG, I sat in Arthur's section too. He is sooooooo much fun. I'm going on MSC Seaside again in October and will see him again. We are friends on FB and he confirmed he will be there.

When I was on there a few months ago We had a couple of waiters tell us they did not want to come back to the Seaside and one even said the the crew call it the MSC suicide. I think they are all over worked compared to other ships in the fleet. It also seemed that they did not care for the Maitr'd Pepe. That was just an observation of mine nothing was ever said to me about that. I did THOROUGHLY enjoy the YC on Seaside and will probably go back on it someday!

When I was on there a few months ago We had a couple of waiters tell us they did not want to come back to the Seaside and one even said the the crew call it the MSC suicide. I think they are all over worked compared to other ships in the fleet. It also seemed that they did not care for the Maitr'd Pepe. That was just an observation of mine nothing was ever said to me about that. I did THOROUGHLY enjoy the YC on Seaside and will probably go back on it someday!

Interestingly when I was on in May 2018, a crew member jumped overboard. We had to stay in the area and list out on San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums