Is this Vista worth it

coevan

After unfortunately cancelling our Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle last week we are planning a B2B in March. We are looking at the Glory or Vista out of Miami, Dream out of New Orleans. We are not thrilled with the transportation situation to Galveston, so we ruled it out. We love the Cloud 9 Spa, but hear the Vista does not have the Thelaso pool. We thought the Vista Havana cabins were too pricey for the amenity. Give us your thoughts

I'm the wrong guy to talk to regarding Havana cabins.... Cause I can't talk you out of them. My wife and I enjoyed the Havana cabins and the exclusive back pool area and attentive service. Loved knowing we had a retreat area and still allowed us to mingle in the general areas. f We enjoyed the ship and probably one of the most friendly crews we've experienced. Mitch Mitchum is the CD and is excellent....Considered their best. He came back on during our Thanksgiving week cruise...so he should still be on in March. We enjoyed the Vista so much I'm trying to get back on her for last week of March. Unfortunately airfare is making me consider other options...but I might still bite the bullet and book again in Havana

I've not been on the Glory, but have been on her sister ships. I would go with the Vista. In fact we are with a B2B in 6 weeks. We loved her last year and can't wait to be back.

That said, I'm thinking of doing a journey cruise on Glory next year. Really you can't go wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Not sure what weeks your b2b are in March. If you are sailing on Vista week of 3/10 (Southern Itinerary) ....Great Ports and its a no brainer. If you would be on Vista the week of 3/24...That is more of the traditional eastern itinerary.... Based on Ports I would go Glory if that was the case because imo Glory's western itinerary is better as Vistas is the traditional Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. If ports don't make a big difference.... Vista definitely my choice

After unfortunately cancelling our Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle last week we are planning a B2B in March. We are looking at the Glory or Vista out of Miami, Dream out of New Orleans. We are not thrilled with the transportation situation to Galveston, so we ruled it out. We love the Cloud 9 Spa, but hear the Vista does not have the Thelaso pool. We thought the Vista Havana cabins were too pricey for the amenity. Give us your thoughts

WE did not like the Vista but the Havana area is the place to be but it's pricey.

FYI, the photos in your review aren't there anymore.
It starts off with no photos, but near the bottom of the first page they should be showing up for the rest of the review. I started using FB and people said that's when they started to see them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have another Vista cruise booked for March and just wanted to chime in we love the Glory and the Vista was nice too, we are spa people and the Vista spa is terrible although we booked the pass this cruise as well. The thallaso pool is knee deep literally! We liked the steam rooms but went up to serenity and used the hot tubs up there. I think I would pick based on itinerary

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I am on the Vista now and for me, Vista is not worth the extra money. The cruise director is fantastic though and one of the best we have ever had. The ship is nice, but we do not like the theater (called the Limelight Lounge) at all. We also don't like the extreme crowds. At some shows, if you don't show up 40 minutes early, you will not get a good seat. We have enjoyed the entertainment. The shows are good and we've had a wonderful time. However, we will stick to the other ships in the future.

Although this in no way factors into our choice for a cruise ship, we do not like the way the ship is decorated. It's very blah looking and seems more like an older ship than a newer one.

We had a great time on Vista in Europe and will be on her again in March. Ship’s decorations are toned down, which I prefer when comparing to older ships. The possibility of eating inside or outside in many of its restaurants is a good advantage over older ships.

Deck 5 allows you to walk around the ship and offers good seating areas away from Lido. IMAX is great as well as the sports deck. If you plan to book an ocean view room, you can go with a deluxe and get two showers.

Havana Bar is the place to be at night, good music and atmosphere. Water park is a plus if you have children, not found on older ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only good thing on the Vista is cruise director.

Never again on Vista.. tried spa and Havana and both were waste of money.

I would strongly disagree with your comment about the Havana being a waste of money...We thought that made our cruise. Care to share your reasons??

I would strongly disagree with your comment about the Havana being a waste of money...We thought that made our cruise. Care to share your reasons??

Agree with your analysis... I have stayed in almost every type of Balcony cabin and the HC is at the top.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife, kids, and I sailed on the Vista in May of 2017. We loved her and all the things to do on board. The things we liked that some of the other ships don't offer. The IMAX theater and the Red Frog Pub where they had the brewery on board and brew their own beer. I'm a beer snob though and brew my own beer so that really was something I'll remember. We did not like the Limelight Lounge due to the seating and we weren't huge fans of the Pixel gallery. It works fine as long as the photographer uses the right room number, if not you get a bunch of photos in your photo gallery that aren't yours. If they could fix that it would work great!

Not sure what weeks your b2b are in March. If you are sailing on Vista week of 3/10 (Southern Itinerary) ....Great Ports and its a no brainer. If you would be on Vista the week of 3/24...That is more of the traditional eastern itinerary.... Based on Ports I would go Glory if that was the case because imo Glory's western itinerary is better as Vistas is the traditional Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. If ports don't make a big difference.... Vista definitely my choice

I would agree, the southern cruise would beat out the traditional eastern cruise, but if both are traditional eastern, it comes down to 'is the extra cost for the Vista worth it to you to see the ship'? :confused:

We were on the Vista in July.

Things we loved: Havana area (this is the only reason we would book this ship again), Seafood Shack, IMAX Theater

Things we didn’t love: the main theater seating is crowded and sight lines are pretty bad, the line up for the comedy club, no late night comedy because the Limelight Lounge doubles as the nightclub, the atrium is meh.

We enjoyed our cruise, but I would not book this ship again unless I found a good deal on a Havana room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I"m just off the Vista (40+ cruises, 30 on RCCL). We had a regular balcony. We truly enjoyed the Vista overall. As other mentioned, Matt the cruise director as well as his staff were incredible. The best we've ever had. When we boarded we enjoyed the singers and dancers, but by Day 3 they were all replaced and the new cast were the worse singers I've ever heard. I couldn't sit through another show of theirs. As another mentioned the venue was awful, very small, not stadium sitting on the main floor. Most venues were actually too small for the number of passengers.

We took a tour of the spa and so glad we didn't spend the money. It was so not worth the money and the Thalso pool was teeny tiny. We did walk through the Havana pool area and that looked very nice, but the constant latin music blasting would have driven me nuts (especially coming in from Miami where it drives me crazy anyway).

While there are many cons on the Vista, we loved so many comedy choices, and so much going on, the ship decor itself is pretty blah. There are no places we could find that screamed out WOW, thats beautiful or even different or lets take a photo here. Even the dining rooms were boring. I think the prettiest venue entrance was to the Havana Bar, that is about it.

But in comparison to the Glory for things to do, I'd chose the Vista. Also hopefully see Eden in the Piano Bar.