Please Help Me! I Have Never Been on a Cruise Before!

kierstenlpeeples

Keirsten, that looks like a pretty good price, compared with what I could just search for on the Carnival website. Without insurance it was more, so with your price including insurance, that is pretty sweet! Make sure to check if your price includes pre-paid gratuities (it is a good deal even if it doesn't - just don't want any surprises).

Thank you everyone for all these wonderful tips! I am taking the time out to respond to everyone individually! If I haven't responded to you yet, I will be shortly. I want to get everyone's thoughts on this....

I actually took the advice of what most everyone is saying and contacted a travel agent. He was able to find me a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7. It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What does everyone think? Is this a good deal?

It is a pretty good price for a 5 day balcony cruise. If you were able to get gratuities prepaid, or OBC to spend on drinks or venue dining from your travel agent, even better. If you weren’t offered any incentives OBC from your travel agent, you should shop around!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are Member of a certain “Big Box” membership store be sure and check their pricing online They “almost” always have slightly better pricing AND freebie or two such as OBC or dinner in a Pay Extra Restaurant onboard. I always check this site first but you can only see pricing IF you are a member.

CC rules do not allow me to name this BIG provider ;)

Thank you for this helpful tip!

I actually took the advice of what most everyone is saying and contacted a travel agent. I am getting close to finalizing my decision and I am pretty sure that I am going to go with one of the ones that he was able to find me. It is a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7 It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What do you think?

Great choice! I've done the same itinerary on the Conquest and we loved the ship enough that we sailed her a second time....plus HMC and Grand Turk are among my favorite "relax" ports in the world. Conquest was recently refurbished with an adults-only area and other things, so it's even better now than when we sailed her.

Thank you! I will defiantly check that one out!

I actually took the advice of what most everyone is saying and contacted a travel agent. I am getting close to finalizing my decision and I am pretty sure that I am going to go with one of the ones that he was able to find me. It is a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7. It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What do you think?

I think you made a great choice, very close to the parameters you outlined, and I hope you have a marvelous time.

I have sailed the Conquest. She's a beautiful ship, filled with French Impressionist decor.

Happy sailing.

I love Carnival Cruise.

But..... I took a look at the June 2018 cruises and found a devastated panorama.

The best Carnival ship ever built (Splendor) will operate from the West coast.

The second best ship (Glory) does not make a key stop at Half Moon Key (substituted with Amber Cove).

I know that many cruisers like the Dream class ships (Dream, Magic, Breeze, Vista)... so I won't tell much. Just stay away. Many cruise lines nowadays are building floating anthills to increase profit. Just stay away.

I have checked the prices and found this.

Grab it!

Your Reservation Summary

Sat, Jun 9, 2018

Depart:

Sat, Jun 16, 2018

Return:

Royal Caribbean Int.

Cruise Line:

Freedom of the Seas

Ship:

7 Days Caribbean-Southern

Description:

Guests:2 Adults

Departure Airport:Cruise Only

Category:Interior Guarantee ZI

Pricing:

(2) Cruise Fare$1,262.00

(2) Government Fees$125.80

*EST. TOTAL$1,387.80

On Board Credit$50.00

This is Freedom of the Seas from San Juan.

Yes, I love best Carnival ships, but in this situation (prices/ season/ availability) you won't find a better cruise (why should your first cruise be Carnival?)

Call your agent.

The Conquest is a good ship. Half Moon Key and Grand Turk are my favorites!

BUT.. it's only 5 days.... and the Freedom of the Seas is definitely superior, and a perfect ship for the first timers. Check air fares to San Juan.

Finally: this video will tell you a lot abotut cruising.

Enjoy your cruises!

q0ET-clKjdM

Well ... $800 EA passenger PLUS taxes & fees equals just about $1,000 EA passenger. So that is right in keeping with the OPs $2000 for BOTH of us.

They don't want to leave out of San Juan ... they want to leave out of Florida. I think they want to drive to the port. Can't remember and didn't check the original post.

A balcony for the price she found was a good deal. A balcony is definitely worth it on a 7 day cruise ... I would say NOT worth it on a 4 - 5 day cruise.

But I have to agree ... a 7 days cruise with RC (IMO) is better than any Carnival cruise.

Hi there!

My name is Kiersten Peeples. I am trying to plan a surprise cruise for my boyfriend of 7 years. He is graduating nursing school and so I would like to give him something spectacular. He has always wanted to go on a cruise ship from the Carnival Cruise Line. I went on Carnival's website and picked out my top favorite cruise lines that the both of us would enjoy based on the amenities that each cruise had. Those are:

1. Carnival Vista

2. Carnival Breeze

3. Carnival Magic

4. Carnival Dream

5. Carnival Sunshine

I know for a fact that I would like a balcony. The cheapest ones I have found are over $2000 for the both of us. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find cheaper tickets or is this how they are usually priced?

Some more details:

Departure Date: Anytime in June 2018

Cruise Length: 3 - 5 days --- 7 days MAX

Departure Port: Anywhere in Florida

Price: I am looking to spend no more than $1500 for the both of us

Destination: It does not matter - anywhere is fine.

If anyone could help me I would be forever grateful as I have no idea what I am doing. :o Thank you so much for reading and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon! :)

During the process of creating your CC account ... there should have a been a mention to NOT use your name as your ID or signon, etc. Just wanted to bring that up and let you know it's good policy to follow. FYI.

Turks and Caicos is awesome, or I think so. :) You may not be interested, but they have a conch graveyard, where I found a large light blue shell, and it is laying in the center of all my other shells that I have collected over the years in my living room.

Thank you! I will defiantly check that one out!

I actually took the advice of what most everyone is saying and contacted a travel agent. I am getting close to finalizing my decision and I am pretty sure that I am going to go with one of the ones that he was able to find me. It is a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7. It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What do you think?

LOL ... :D I'm really not correcting your grammar. It's just that this word makes it really funny.

When selecting a cabin, remember a couple of things

1. Decide if you want to be forward, middle or aft (rear) of the ship. If you are sensitive or concerned about motion, I recommend the middle.

2. The higher (decks) you go, the more rocking you may fell. Some people like to feel the soft rocking motion of the ship. But you could have a time at sea when the boat really rocks. After 26 cruises we have had only 2 days like that.

3. What is above or below your cabin? I prefer having cabins above and below us. You can look at deck plans on carnival website or deck plan websites. Your TA could also help you on this before you book. If you go to bed early, you don't want to have a disco above or below you.

4. Wait for Carnival's "One Day Sale". This is when cabin prices drop significantly. Here is my latest purchase: Balcony cabin was being offered for $600 per person. The one Day Sale hit and we got a balcony cabin for $384 per person. The only catch was that it was a "Guarantee Cabin", which means Carinval picks your cabin. We were given a really nice cabin, so it worked out great for us. These sales are unpredictable on when Carnival offers them. You or your TA have to keep checking the website.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your "Cruise Vacation!"