Can OBC's Be Used In the Stores

Linda VH

We're signing up for 2 cruises while on board ($200 ea.) and those OBC's have to be used while on that cruise. We'll also have $600 (AMEX $300 and our Virtuoso TA $300). I don't think we have to use the $600 all at once but I thought if I could go shop...... TIA!

You can also use it for laundry. That is what we did with a chunk of our OBC on the last couple of cruises. Never got near the laundry area and had nice clean clothes the entire cruise and even brought some home with us. Very handy as we couldn't really find anything in the shops that we wanted.

Another potential use of the OBC... upgraded excursions.

We did use some unspent OBC in the Mariner's shop. Picked up a nice men's belt and a men's pullover shirt, and neither were outrageously priced. We also got one of those Mova Globes.

We're signing up for 2 cruises while on board ($200 ea.) and those OBC's have to be used while on that cruise. We'll also have $600 (AMEX $300 and our Virtuoso TA $300). I don't think we have to use the $600 all at once but I thought if I could go shop...... TIA!

The Virtuoso OBC should be refundable...ours have been. Check with the purser and, if it is, you can just draw it in cash sometime before the end of the cruise.

One way to turn non-refundable shipboard credit into cash is through visits to the doctor. Pay for doctor with shipboard credit and get reimbursed by either your medical insurance or travel insurance. Converted about $2000 of SBC on a long cruise last year (of course, wife did not care for her two episodes with the doctor).

Marc

I look forward to my non-refundable shipboard credits as it gives me an opportunity to buy a new purse from the boutique every time I cruise. My husband also used the credits to pay the doctor's bill but in our case, we really like the doctor--thought he was super.