Caribbean cruises in August - weather?

Presto2

We have always wanted to cruise parts of the Caribbean and notice that cruises on Equinox are now available. Am a bit confused though as I thought that the weather was not good that time of the year and hurricanes more likely. Sorry, if my Geography isn't good.:)

We have always sailed either in late July or August, and on our last 8 cruises we only we a little disrupted when we followed hurricane Dan.

Waves a little bouncy.

We buy travel insurance.

Love the HOT HOT HOT

After a snowy winter.

Enjoy, we do.

Hurricane season is June thru November. 6 out of 12 months of the year.....so don't let that rule your decision. The ship will divert if there is a hurricane in the area. We always go in September and October and have never had a problem. :cool:

As a teacher for many years we had no choice other than to cruise the Caribbean in August...

We have experienced a few itinerary changes, one or two spectacular lighting displays, an occasional heavy evening storm but have never had a real problem.

Hurricane paths are closely monitored and Captains steer well clear. If there is a particular island on your bucket list you could have a disappointment but generally you should not have an issue.

If you are sightseeing on the islands early morning is less hot and oppressive, also clouds tend to form later in the day...

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your help everyone. It does concern us - don't want to go all that way to get wet. Can do that in England ;-)

We've booked an ABC islands cruise for next August and was informed, on very good authority by a regular CC poster ;p :D, that the hurricanes don't usually hit that far south - I'm holding him to this ;). Unsure which itinerary you were considering?

We've booked an ABC islands cruise for next August and was informed, on very good authority by a regular CC poster ;p :D, that the hurricanes don't usually hit that far south - I'm holding him to this ;). Unsure which itinerary you were considering?

The only ones we've seen are the Western and Eastern Caribbean ones on the Equinox. To be honest they don't seem to go to the places we would like to see in the Caribbean but we are thinking of something different

We had cruised in August and had hoped for a Western Caribbean itinerary. We had also booked all of our excursions with the cruise line. On the second night, we were told that we were doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise with only 2 ports due to a hurricane. There were a number of people who had booked excursions with private companies and several were concerned about getting their money back. The waves were huge and it was quite windy. I thought I was going to get thrown out of the bed.

The only ones we've seen are the Western and Eastern Caribbean ones on the Equinox. To be honest they don't seem to go to the places we would like to see in the Caribbean but we are thinking of something different

The cruise is at the end of August on Equinox - just in time before school restarts ;).

The cruise is at the end of August on Equinox - just in time before school restarts ;).

We've cruised around the third week of August for the past 8+ years and never once had a problem. We've done the western and eastern during these times.

This August were doing the southern islands. It's true that hurricane is very rare down in these parts.

• 6 months later...