Fresh off the boat (well, ship) - Majesty!

We sailed 10/23-10/27 to Nassau. This is my third time on Majesty and I loved all of the upgrades. Normally I arrive at the pier during peak check in times and the lines are horrendous. Now that I'm a savvy cruiser, I arrived nice and early. It took us MAYBE 5 minutes to get through security and we walked right up to the desk to check in. We proceeded to Windjammer for lunch. It was decent but nothing to write home about. We explored the ship for a bit, chilled out on the deck enjoying the sunshine and then went to check our daughter in to Adventure Ocean when open house started. The sail away party never really happened because they had to replace an anchor or something so our 4pm departure turned into 6ish. But I digress....

I love the addition of Splashaway Bay (kid's water park). It's separated into two areas for the babies and then the toddlers. I love the screen on the pool deck. I as able to watch Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football (Go Ravens!) on the big screen under the stars. We had the 1st main seating and the servers were great and the food was delicious. The rest of the meals at Windjammer were ok. Some were great and some were hit or miss, but it's kind of expected when you have to feed that many people.

The staff at Adventure Ocean were phenomenal. My daughter LOVED IT! I loved all of the great activities they have planned throughout the day.

The activities were fun. The cruise director (Ricky Matthews) really knows how to get a party started. I was so disappointed they had to move the Caribbean party indoors because of the weather but it was still a fun time.

We had an interior room on Deck 8. Be forewarned this floor had a musty, sewer like smell to it. The room itself was fine but the bathroom smelled like it as well. Of course this would be the time I forgot to take my travel Febreeze.

My pet peeve on the ship was signing for drinks when you have the drink package. IMO, the slip shouldn't spit out unless you go over the allotted amount. Swipe and keep it moving. Waiting 5 minutes in between drink replenishment was annoying as well. I wanted to take 2 back to my 'perch' so I wouldn't have to get up again but of course that wasn't allowed. I get WHY they do it, but it's still annoying.

Disembarkation was a breeze. I've heard stories that this is getting to be as long as the 'normal' process so I wasn't sure what to expect. The longest part was waiting on an elevator we could squeeze into.

All in all, we had a GREAT vacation. It was the perfect intro to cruising for my boyfriend and our daughter. Off to plan the next!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I arrived nice and early. It took us MAYBE 5 minutes to get through security and we walked right up to the desk to check in.

What time did you arrive to get on so quickly. I was thinking of getting in around 10am for our Majesty cruise next week but was afraid that may be TOO early and result in a long wait.

What time did you arrive to get on so quickly. I was thinking of getting in around 10am for our Majesty cruise next week but was afraid that may be TOO early and result in a long wait.

Just in case OP doesn’t see this, I’ll share my experience earlier this month. I arrived at the port and parked at approx 1045. After dropping off luggage with a porter, I was checked in with keycard in hand at 1102. My group was called to board at 1105, and I had a mimosa in hand by 1115. (Just pulled all of these times off of the pics on my phone, by the way.) It was hands down the smoothest and fastest embarkation I’ve experienced after 30+ cruises. And debarkation was the same. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review. We set sail on March 2nd for 3 nights out of Canaveral. Do you recall when they had their formal night? I've read that it's typically the 2nd night on ships...that would be a bummer since that day we are docked in Nassau until midnight. Any help would be great, thanks!