Majesty moving to Tampa

Now the big question...Another site is showing Majesty being in Tampa for sailings from 6/22/18 to 4/29/19. Will she be in addition to Rhapsody and Brilliance?...Meaning 3 ships out of Tampa...or replacing one of them (presumably Brilliance) for the 4/5 night sailings. I hope and pray that we don't lose Brilliance...

I never understood why Brilliance did the shortage ones and Rhapsody the 7 day

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

According to the notice I received Majesty is replacing Empress in Tampa and all cruises booked in Empress will now be on Majesty. No word on what’s to become of Empress that I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got through to the deployment call #, only to be disconnected. Called the 1-800-526-9723

Spoke to rep. They are behind in the rescheduling of changes. Hopefully completed by

Monday, Nov. 27. BUT, she did say we are price protected for the Majsty sailings. They will send us an e-mail when things are completed.

Just got my Empress --->> Majesty swap completed for Dec 2018 to Cuba, however, it was only because my TA spent a good part of the day on the phone with them.

I was not happy with the location of the "price protected" cabin they wanted to give me, so I had to move up a category in oceanview. Cost an additional $300, but most of those 9th deck oceanviews are badly obstructed, I did not want to take a chance. These Cuba trips are overpriced anyway, so what's another few hundred dollars, at this point.

I booked one all the way forward, under the bridge, that has no lifeboats outside of it. If your view matters to you, take a look at the ship photos and youtube videos, there are 4 deck 9 cabins on each side with no apparent obstructions.

Interesting that this is the only ship I have encountered where forward cabins cost more than mid-ship cabins.

Possibly, because my b-b Empress to Majesty is not till March 2019 that I see and hear that it has not been moved over! So much for the price protected cabin! I did notice that most of the suites on 10 are underneath the Wind jammer and Pool Deck. Been there, done that, way too noisy at 4:30 in the morning! Well, will wait and see what transpires!

Good luck everyone!

Here's what I got in email today:

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas June 22, 2018 thru April 29, 2019 Dear Kimberly, Thank you for making your travel arrangements with us. We know you must be eagerly anticipating your cruise. Please be advised that Royal Caribbean has advised us of some important information for your sailing. Guests on these sailings will have their ship changed to Enchantment of the Seas. Please note all guests will remain in their same cabin category, itinerary, sail date and departure port. There is no action needed, as our system will process these changes internally through November 20. Please note these sailings will not be accessible until Tuesday, November 21, when our system maintenance is completed. After this date, we can assist you with any changes or modifications that are needed. We value your business. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please feel free to call us at (800) 820-3244. Sincerely, Customer Care DELTA SKYMILES CRUISES

Just received an email regarding our cruise booked on Majesty 3rd Sep 2018 which WRONGLY stated that our cruise on Enchantment was cancelled!!! When I contacted RCI they kept insisting that Enchantment was cancelled. The lady who I spoke to did not seem to understand that Enchantment was to cruise from Port Canaveral and it was Majesty, on which we were booked, was cancelled!

Eventually after putting me on hold for nearly 15 minutes she then explained they did not have the relevant information and they would call me in the next few days when they could help me.

HELP!!!

Edited by Rusty Hull
missed words

Hmmm. Tampa has usually been easiest for us but I’ve not been on anything other than closed loop cruise and not in new terminal.

I checked my travel agent site and My Cruises account and my reservation is still there and showing Empress. Pretty sure the redeployment team will work first on the cancellations and then handle the cruises in order they are scheduled so my Oct 1 cruise is likely far down the list. I will wait until the end of the month and hope to see/hear the latest update. I am not totally happy about the change in ship or itinerary but it happens..

I just checked again and the website is not showing any of my 3 current reservations. I"m hoping that just means its being updated.

Now I am afraid to look at my 7 cabins that I booked for family/friends!:eek: Thanksgiving is tomorrow and have lots to do, so guess I'll "try" not to worry about it and wait to take a peek at the end of the month!:rolleyes: Will keep reading here and hope we all hear good news!!:* HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Now I am afraid to look at my 7 cabins that I booked for family/friends!:eek: Thanksgiving is tomorrow and have lots to do, so guess I'll "try" not to worry about it and wait to take a peek at the end of the month!:rolleyes: Will keep reading here and hope we all hear good news!!:* HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

An hour later it is back, but still shows Empress. I'm in agreement with Rolo... This is 300 days away, i'll sit back and wait awhile before making up my mind.

Just received an e-mail from Royal, they successfully moved my b-b Empress sailings to the Majesty for March 2-11/2019. Different deck plans but I am satisfied where the Jr. Suite is on deck 10. BUT, they will forward me a new invoice for any monies owed! I called right away and the rep said the original fee is "price protected". We shall see!

Just checked our ressie on line. Moving from EM to MJ in Tampa on 8/20/18. Our JS from EM has been changed to an interior on deck 4, the price has increased close to $500, and the itin has changed from Key West to Costa Maya! Will call them after I settle down a bit and get some breakfast.

Rick and Deirdra