Majesty moving to Tampa

Well... that explains that. I was looking for 3 nighters from June 2018-May 2019 out of PC and there were only 2. Both in May 2019. And those were Anthem. So, i'm guessing all booking for those won't be out till next week.

Thanx,

Erika

I'm wondering if they did this so they could have more amenities aboard for people who couldn't get off in Cuba (because of the rollback on the lighter Cuban regulations). So bummed, we had an Aft cabin- something we've never done before and were looking forward to for our special anniversary cruise :(. It'll be interesting to see where they move us.

Our October 24-29, 2018 Cuba cruise on Empress from Tampa has also been moved to the Majesty. Just hoping all of our 7 cabins get moved over correctly!!:eek: Of course, any upgrades would be appreciated since we currently have obstructed OV cabins on Deck 7!!;p:rolleyes:

OK, now I'm a little worried about all of our 7 cabins getting moved to the Majesty correctly!:eek: Our OV cabins on Empress are from 7144 to 7154 plus 7132, and the deck plans for Majesty do not even have those cabin numbers, so wondering where they intend to put us!:rolleyes: I know the Majesty has more cabins than the Empress, so do y'all think they will spread us around or move us all together on another deck? I keep telling myself this cruise is a long way off and not to worry too much; should I be?:confused:

Looks like the recent renovation of terminal 6 in Tampa is acheiving it's goal of attracting larger ships such as the Majesty.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2017/11/06/after-1-7m-renovation-port-tampa-bay-opens-cruise.html

Terminal 6 is the small terminal that Holland American currently uses next to terminal 3 (where Brilliance currently docks). The other RCL ship currently uses Terminal 2 when Carnival isn't using that one.

Terminal 6 is the small terminal that Holland American currently uses next to terminal 3 (where Brilliance currently docks). The other RCL ship currently uses Terminal 2 when Carnival isn't using that one.

Terminal 2 is shut down for renovations. Was not told for how long it will be out of service but probably a year or more. Our Empress cruise two weeks ago went out of T3 but came back to T6. Brilliance and Rhapsody will be using T3 and T6 from now on.

How far apart are these terminals? The last time I sailed from Tampa in 2012 I used the valet parking right at the port. Is this available for all terminals?

Maybe I missed something, but if Majesty is moving from PC to Tampa to replace Empress and Enchantment is not going to Galveston and instead going to PC to replace Majesty, what's happening with Empress?

As I posted yesterday, I saw Empress is doing Tampa to Cozumel. Did not really look at dates as really not interested in another stop in Cozumel. Check it out to see the dates.

I was confused. Tampa is Gulf Coast. Or Emerald Coast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Context is everything, but calling the Gulf Coast the West Coast is something I hear on a daily basis.

There are a ton of names, of course, Gulf Coast, West Coast, Emerald Coast (WAY WAY WAY up there near you), Blue Hair Bay Coast, Redneck Riviera (also up your way), Nature Coast, on and on and on.

How far apart are these terminals? The last time I sailed from Tampa in 2012 I used the valet parking right at the port. Is this available for all terminals?

We are sailing from Terminal 6 next week on the Brilliance. I had already prepaid for parking and was a little concerned about the location. On Google Earth it looks like it is down about a block or so from the terminal we used last time.

We called the port parking people and was told this parking lot is right in front of the terminal. I don’t think it is covered but it’s a lot closer to the entrance.

Not sure about the valet aspect. Maybe you can call and ask them that specific.

Here's what I got in email today:

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas June 22, 2018 thru April 29, 2019 Dear Kimberly, Thank you for making your travel arrangements with us. We know you must be eagerly anticipating your cruise. Please be advised that Royal Caribbean has advised us of some important information for your sailing. Guests on these sailings will have their ship changed to Enchantment of the Seas. Please note all guests will remain in their same cabin category, itinerary, sail date and departure port. There is no action needed, as our system will process these changes internally through November 20. Please note these sailings will not be accessible until Tuesday, November 21, when our system maintenance is completed. After this date, we can assist you with any changes or modifications that are needed. We value your business. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please feel free to call us at (800) 820-3244. Sincerely, Customer Care DELTA SKYMILES CRUISES

We are sailing from Terminal 6 next week on the Brilliance. I had already prepaid for parking and was a little concerned about the location. On Google Earth it looks like it is down about a block or so from the terminal we used last time.

We called the port parking people and was told this parking lot is right in front of the terminal. I don’t think it is covered but it’s a lot closer to the entrance.

Not sure about the valet aspect. Maybe you can call and ask them that specific.

I'll keep that suggestion in mind. I just now noticed in addition to changing to Majesty, they dropped Key West for Costa Maya. I'm not happy about that. Might look at Brilliance. If I can change.

Our OV cabins on Empress are from 7144 to 7154 plus 7132, and the deck plans for Majesty do not even have those cabin numbers, so wondering where they intend to put us!

They will move you to the same category not the same cabin numbers. Good luck getting those cabins to stay together.

They will move you to the same category not the same cabin numbers. Good luck getting those cabins to stay together.

The question is category as in Inside, OV balcony etc or category designation such as G, H I etc. The MJ has F1, F2, and F3 OV categories and I don't believe the Enchantment has those. I'll find out next week I guess

The parking garage is about dead in the middle between the two terminals. The terminal that Rhapsody and Carnival uses is actually a tad closer, depending on where in the parking garage you park.

We didn't have any problems at all rolling our suitcases back to the garage on disembarkation, and this last time I had an injured foot (went splat on a greasy floor in the WJ :mad:).

Using the valet parking is a great way to go of course. :)

Edited by island lady

I'll keep that suggestion in mind. I just now noticed in addition to changing to Majesty, they dropped Key West for Costa Maya. I'm not happy about that. Might look at Brilliance. If I can change.

We are on Brilliance for the 12/11. Join us! :)

Edited by island lady

The question is category as in Inside, OV balcony etc or category designation such as G, H I etc. The MJ has F1, F2, and F3 OV categories and I don't believe the Enchantment has those. I'll find out next week I guess

That has to be a nightmare to re-book...but at least EN is a bigger ship

and should be able to shuffle more? And with EN, you can get a balcony

cabin without having to book a JS and up.

Where are the currently booked EN pax for those sail dates going?

I was looking at this yesterday and Enchantment has two different deck plans - the newest of the two has the new categories. I was able to find my category.

Molly361, I feel like I always "see" you on cruise cancellations posts. We were both scheduled on Brilliance together that was chartered last January, and now this ship. We were booked on Majesty for June, 2018. We are being kicked off (cancelled) and have been several price protection choices - none of which will work. When the remaining itineraries open on the 21st, I will see what else I can do to find a replacement cruise.

Happy re-booking to all of you.

Molly361, I feel like I always "see" you on cruise cancellations posts. We were both scheduled on Brilliance together that was chartered last January, and now this ship. We were booked on Majesty for June, 2018. We are being kicked off (cancelled) and have been several price protection choices - none of which will work. When the remaining itineraries open on the 21st, I will see what else I can do to find a replacement cruise.

Happy re-booking to all of you.

We must be related. We have the same luck!! I remember you as well:) As a matter of fact I am still waiting to hear about another Brilliance redeployment for January 2019. It will be our third year in a row for that ship.

I was looking at this yesterday and Enchantment has two different deck plans - the newest of the two has the new categories. I was able to find my category.

Yes they have new categories but on the MJ we are in a F2 on deck 5 in an OV cabin. On the EN there are no F2 cabins and also no OV's on deck 5

Now the big question...Another site is showing Majesty being in Tampa for sailings from 6/22/18 to 4/29/19. Will she be in addition to Rhapsody and Brilliance?...Meaning 3 ships out of Tampa...or replacing one of them (presumably Brilliance) for the 4/5 night sailings. I hope and pray that we don't lose Brilliance...