R-ships storage space and pictures for PH suites

Go-Bucks!

First, forgive me if I'm asking questions that have been answered before, but I've used the Search function but I'm not finding the answers.

We will be on the 2019 RTW cruise and are planning for what to take and how to store it - will be in a PH suite. We've stayed in a B verandah before so have an idea of the closets and drawers for that type cabin, but have only gotten to peek into a PH once.

I'm trying to determine if there are drawers and/or shelves and/or a medicine chest in the bathroom, as well as how many and the size of closets and drawers in the bedroom. I can't find any passenger-taken pictures of the bedroom or bathroom. If you have any or know where I can see some, please share. Oh....and did the water spray out of the shower since there's only a half wall of glass?

The official Oceania floor plan drawing isn't too helpful because it shows the room looking smaller - it shows a loveseat but I'm sure I saw a full sized sofa in the PH that we peeked into. Also it shows the 2 chairs right beside the bed, but they seemed like they were further over by the sliding door. And the desk looks smaller than I remember it. Thanks - any help is appreciated! :D

I peeked into a Nautica Penthouse as I was considering one for a future long voyage. It had been eons since we stayed in an R Penthouse and couldn't remember what the baths looked like. I would NOT do another 30 day cruise with the shower in the R veranda cabins. Good for you for using the one in the spa - I was always too tired to make the trek so suffered the shower curtain. Brilliant decision to spring for a PH to enjoy the world cruise. I'm sure others will have better photos but here's one to start. Enjoy!

imgsvr.ashx?cmd=4&appContextId=12704&eMediaID=HZ6Djrirc_Q5Ylm5a20mOT1rjxk5WfU,&hires=1&maxSize=600

I would NOT do another 30 day cruise with the shower in the R veranda cabins. Good for you for using the one in the spa - I was always too tired to make the trek so suffered the shower curtain. Brilliant decision to spring for a PH to enjoy the world cruise. I'm sure others will have better photos but here's one to start. Enjoy!

imgsvr.ashx?cmd=4&appContextId=12704&eMediaID=HZ6Djrirc_Q5Ylm5a20mOT1rjxk5WfU,&hires=1&maxSize=600

:')

After that first (and only) shower in the bathroom, I was done with it. The spa shower couldn't have been more opposite - 3 people could have fit in it! I agree...it was hard to drag myself up 3 floors and at the opposite end of the ship each night...by then I was so tired. I really didn't want to spring for the cost of a PH on the world cruise, but that bathroom was a deal breaker for 6 months.

Thanks so much for the picture! It shows alot of what I was hoping to see (yay...2 drawers!).

The picture is accurate -- you have two drawer in the bathroom. There are two shelfs on left and also right side.

No drawers on the other side as there is a shelf below the sink where there is a waste basket integral to the shelf. There is room for a sharps container below the sink also.

You have a double door closet near the door opposite the bathroom. It is full length. Bathrobes take up an extraordinary room. We typically will hang these on the hooks by the bathroom.

Next to the double door you have a single door closet. This has a 1/2 length rack for shirts/blouses. It also has 4 drawer. My DW general takes these 4. On the desk are you have double door areas -- 1 has 4 drawers. The other has 3 shelves.

Each nightstand has a small drawer.

There are videos on you tube --

This one is on Nautica which is identical to Insignia.

That Tub -- should have a danger sign on it. If you ever go on Sirena -- they have replaced all the PH tubs with showers.

The picture is accurate -- you have two drawer in the bathroom. There are two shelfs on left and also right side.

No drawers on the other side as there is a shelf below the sink where there is a waste basket integral to the shelf. There is room for a sharps container below the sink also.

You have a double door closet near the door opposite the bathroom. It is full length. Bathrobes take up an extraordinary room. We typically will hang these on the hooks by the bathroom.

Next to the double door you have a single door closet. This has a 1/2 length rack for shirts/blouses. It also has 4 drawer. My DW general takes these 4. On the desk are you have double door areas -- 1 has 4 drawers. The other has 3 shelves.

Each nightstand has a small drawer.

There are videos on you tube --

This one is on Nautica which is identical to Insignia.

That Tub -- should have a danger sign on it. If you ever go on Sirena -- they have replaced all the PH tubs with showers.

Thank you SO-O-O much! This is what I need to know. I did see one picture of a nightstand (might not have been Insignia) that had 2 shelves with a door, but no drawer.

A couple other questions: where is the fridge? Is it under the tv? If so, do the doors open towards the beds or towards the closet? And where is the safe? Is there a little mirror and shelf next to the outside door?

I don't use the bathrobe (have my own), so I'll give mine back. My friend uses hers, but we kept it in the cupboard with the safe. ;p

What's the danger of the tub??? I've had tub/shower combos in most of my cabins for years. The sides were pretty high (I'm guessing it's to stop splash-overs), but what could be dangerous? I love taking bubble baths so I enjoy a tub. Did the water spray around the bathroom when taking a shower?

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Thank you SO-O-O much! This is what I need to know. I did see one picture of a nightstand (might not have been Insignia) that had 2 shelves with a door, but no drawer.

A couple other questions: where is the fridge? Is it under the tv? If so, do the doors open towards the beds or towards the closet? And where is the safe? Is there a little mirror and shelf next to the outside door?

I don't use the bathrobe (have my own), so I'll give mine back. My friend uses hers, but we kept it in the cupboard with the safe. ;p

What's the danger of the tub??? I've had tub/shower combos in most of my cabins for years. The sides were pretty high (I'm guessing it's to stop splash-overs), but what could be dangerous? I love taking bubble baths so I enjoy a tub. Did the water spray around the bathroom when taking a shower?

There is a fixed piece of glass covering 1/2 the tub/shower. The good is -- it prevents spray from floor. The bad is that you may need it to hang on to for exiting. There is no exit handrail. Just one rail horizontal to help get you up from tub. Tub is somewhat slippery too.

• 1 month later...

We are also going on the 2019 RTW cruise. My hubby found the following blog post which provides good tips and excellent photos of storage spaces and options.

http://2totravelrtw180.blogspot.com/2017/02/day-27-crossing-south-pacific.html

re the shower/tub in the PH suite - still trying to find out whether the tubs in the PH suites have been replaced by larger showers. If you still have a tub in your room, YES water will wind up on the floor no matter how you direct the shower head. One idea: get an extendable shower rod and a shower curtain; this will keep water from spraying all over the floor. The shower rod can also be used to hang wet swimsuits, handwash items, etc. However I wouldn't hang things in the bathroom to dry - very little air circulation!

re the shower/tub in the PH suite - still trying to find out whether the tubs in the PH suites have been replaced by larger showers. If you still have a tub in your room, YES water will wind up on the floor no matter how you direct the shower head. One idea: get an extendable shower rod and a shower curtain; this will keep water from spraying all over the floor. The shower rod can also be used to hang wet swimsuits, handwash items, etc. However I wouldn't hang things in the bathroom to dry - very little air circulation!

From what I've read here on CC, I think only Sirena has had the tubs replaced by large showers. I have actually thought about taking a shower curtain; not sure if I'd take a rod or magnetic hooks for the ceiling.

From what I've read here on CC, I think only Sirena has had the tubs replaced by large showers. I have actually thought about taking a shower curtain; not sure if I'd take a rod or magnetic hooks for the ceiling.
Here's our PH on the Marina last month.

We called our tub the most expensive drying rack.20180213_131524.thumb.jpg.c5008b81823729e3458bf80b5b3fe3c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

20180213_131420.thumb.jpg.8cec887025f928250b1c31de71d40db1.jpg

20180213_131437.thumb.jpg.13daa14f641fca94b77b693deaa82bc4.jpg

20180213_131444.thumb.jpg.cd96574340664e02a57dc9633ecc9865.jpg

That was impressive. They certainly made the most of the space they had.

Thx ... that was us ;-). We’ll be taking a lot less for 2020, but will use the same storage type functionality as 2017 since it worked so well for us. Thx to whoever mentioned using the magnetic hooks on the ceiling ... brilliant.

To the OP ... I have storage measurements for a PH that someone gave me. I need to see about pdf’ing them and maybe I can figure out a way to post links to them. I used them to plan for our cabin and the only real difference (other than the bathroom) was the size of the double closet. Ours was a little smaller, but what we brought still worked out fine.

Thx ... that was us ;-). We’ll be taking a lot less for 2020, but will use the same storage type functionality as 2017 since it worked so well for us. Thx to whoever mentioned using the magnetic hooks on the ceiling ... brilliant.

To the OP ... I have storage measurements for a PH that someone gave me. I need to see about pdf’ing them and maybe I can figure out a way to post links to them. I used them to plan for our cabin and the only real difference (other than the bathroom) was the size of the double closet. Ours was a little smaller, but what we brought still worked out fine.

The pdf file is too big to link here and compressing it to fit the CC requirements makes it illegible. So, I posted photos of each page of the measurements we received from someone who was in PH cabin. The gallery is at this link. Scroll to the bottom of the gallery. I have notes on the pages to differentiate from what I found were different in an aft concierge (previously B1-B/2). Can't say how my notes compare to a concierge or veranda cabin on starboard or port.

That was me thinking about using hooks on the bathroom ceiling instead of a rod. I just hope they actually stick (I found some places on the walls don't hold magnets well) and that the cabin steward wouldn't be upset with a shower curtain hanging there. It would be too much hassle to keep putting it up and taking it down whenever we shower.

Thank you so, so much for those drawings with the measurements!! It will help me find organizing containers that fit. So nice to have experienced people share tips! :hearteyes:

• 1 month later...
First, forgive me if I'm asking questions that have been answered before, but I've used the Search function but I'm not finding the answers.

We will be on the 2019 RTW cruise and are planning for what to take and how to store it - will be in a PH suite. We've stayed in a B verandah before so have an idea of the closets and drawers for that type cabin, but have only gotten to peek into a PH once.

I'm trying to determine if there are drawers and/or shelves and/or a medicine chest in the bathroom, as well as how many and the size of closets and drawers in the bedroom. I can't find any passenger-taken pictures of the bedroom or bathroom. If you have any or know where I can see some, please share. Oh....and did the water spray out of the shower since there's only a half wall of glass?

The official Oceania floor plan drawing isn't too helpful because it shows the room looking smaller - it shows a loveseat but I'm sure I saw a full sized sofa in the PH that we peeked into. Also it shows the 2 chairs right beside the bed, but they seemed like they were further over by the sliding door. And the desk looks smaller than I remember it. Thanks - any help is appreciated! :D

There are many videos and images of the Penthouse suites. Just Google Penthouse suites with the name of your ship. Click on videos or images.

There are many videos and images of the Penthouse suites. Just Google Penthouse suites with the name of your ship. Click on videos or images.

I did that before and, actually, there aren't very many. But I found what I need.