World Cruise 2020

Go-Bucks!

Just saw information about the 2020 RTW cruise and a marketing video.

Will be on Insignia; embarking in Miami and San Francisco; disembarking in San Francisco, Miami and NYC; runs from Jan. 8 to July 5, 2020; booking opens up on March 7, 2018; perks are the same as for the 2019 cruise, except 2 of the OLife perks are 70 shore excursions and $7,000.

Goes to 4 continents, 38 countries, 27 time zones, 67 Unesco World Heritage Sites, 95 ports and 17 overnights. It will be traveling west to east, for the most part.

Summary of itinerary: Miami...Panama canal...Central America...Mexico...Baja...San Francisco...South America (Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil)...Africa (Senegal, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, South Africa)...Thailand...Malaysia...Singapore...Vietnam...China...Japan...Russia...Bering Sea...Alaska...San Francisco...Panama canal...Miami...NYC. These are the places that were listed, but obviously there will be many more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This info was found on www.oceaniacruisesale.com/oceania/menu.php?page=2020-world-cruise

Video was on m.youtube.com/watch?v=camQQRh9teA

I was able to access both of these on my phone, but not on my desktop. Weird.

I've just put the word out to ATW16 folks--they will be VERY interested in the new ports and itinerary.

youtube was especially helpful as it listed some of them for us and from that we are able to figure out the general itinerary.....looks to be excellent!!!

Just saw information about the 2020 RTW cruise and a marketing video.

Video was on m.youtube.com/watch?v=camQQRh9teA

I was able to access both of these on my phone, but not on my desktop. Weird.

Just a reminder that CC rules do not allow mention TAs even those that have the O word in their domain name.

The WCs with Oceania are too long for us at the moment. More than 4 months away from home it is very difficult to manage.

It would be nice to know more about the experience on those cruises. Are gratuities and drinks included? I remember the cruise consultant on board mentioned medical services on board were included and that Oceania would get the visas free of charge for those on world cruises.

Ivi

travelberlin,

i can only report on what we had ATW16 but medical, laundry, internet, gratuities, visas, luggage shipped, and I'm probably forgetting something else WERE all included.

drink packages not included nor was trip insurance.

We absolutely loved ATW16. Captain Flokos and staff and crew became like family and now 2 years later many of us remain in almost daily touch with each other through social media.

There are some things that require attention to detail....like getting 6 months supply of prescription meds. US insurance for those meds isn't set up for ATW!!

There are threads on ATW16 and 17. Do a search. I kept a daily thread going here on our cruise and so did Wayne.

Cbb..thanks so much for posting the wonderful RTW 2020 utube. I soo wish we could go on it, but 6 months away from home is a bit of a stretch for us. Too many responsibities at the moment.

Francie

6 months is no problem getting away for. On the other hand I don't seem to have a spare 100k laying around.

palakika----

just pretty much sucks having responsibilities, doesn't it?

Being an adult is not fun sometimes but i figure i'm into my 2nd childhood by this point!

and yes....seriously considering ATW20. Probably get a hold on a cabin on Mar 7 and deposit a couple of days later.

we'll be on Riviera on Mar 7 so TA will do this for us and Mar 8 cruise is over so we can do the $ thing to O then.

just wish they'd post an itinerary but I'm hearing not until Mar about the time of the cabin hold. Fortunately we're not looking for anything crucial for a cabin...no ADA, no owner's suite, no inside, etc.

maybe you can do a segment or 2??!!!

Cbb..doing the segments is a good idea. In fact this May/June our Sydney to LA on Insignia is a segment of this year's RTW. I agree with you that I wish they'd publish the cruise route!! I think we might have done some of it like around South America. In fact we like that one so much, will do again this Dec.

hey....no bother. Glad you found the old thread.

as far as deposit amount, i'm not sure. I'll find out when we make this one....sometimes O runs deals where the deposit is reduced, but i doubt that ATW will be one of those!!!

I'm sure others here will be able to answer that question.

as far as deposit amount, i'm not sure. I'll find out when we make this one....sometimes O runs deals where the deposit is reduced, but i doubt that ATW will be one of those!!!

The 2019 RTW deposit was 20%.

To travelberlin: you get to choose one of 3 OLife perks....either 70 free shore excursions or $7,000 OBC or the basic beverage package. So, although everyone doesn't automatically get the drink package, you could choose that as your perk.

Thanks Go-bucks for deposit info. I guess we won't know the actual prices until published. I wish they'd release the itinerary so we can think about it. Looks lovely from the video!

I'm surprised they're waiting so long. Last year we had all the info (itinerary, prices, deposit, perks) about mid-February and were all ready to book when they opened up on March 1. I'm so glad we chose the 2019 itinerary because it's exactly the one we wanted; we had thought about waiting until 2020 but this itinerary is definitely not what we'd want, plus we didn't want a west-to-east voyage. We're very happy with what we got.

GoBucks---

i tried your url and it was rejected twice, so i did a search and that is the one i posted...no disrespect, it's just that yours didn't work for me

Respect isn't an issue. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

As I mentioned in my initial post, I could only get the video to work on my cell phone but not on my desktop. Your post just made it sound like this was a different video than the one I posted. Guess one just worked on a mobile device and the other on a desktop too.

plus we didn't want a west-to-east voyage.

Just curious as to the logic of preferring one direction to another. Is it just the geography of which countries and ports would be on the itinerary?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums