Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:16 AM.
San Diego
8,346 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
What ship are you considering? We were in a spa balcony on the Splendor last spring. I loved the thalassotherapy pool! It is a good idea if you think you'll use that pool and the sauna and hot rooms. Then it is lovely to be close to all that.
IF you won't use it much then it is not worth it. IF the ship you are on doesn't have those facilities then it is not worth it either(IMO).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UP next:
Coral Princess Panama Canal December 7,2018

Carnival Splendor April 13,2019-Yearly Mexican Honeymoon
Oceania Insignia November 9,2019-Cuba Adventure!

23,006 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by LetsTango
Does anyone have spa cabin advice? What should we be taking advantage of? Is it worth the upgrade?

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app
Only you know how much use you will get out of it.
St. Charles, MO
395 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I have stayed in a spa balcony cabin only once. there were 4 women, being able to use the shower in the spa was really a necessity. But that shower was much nicer than the one in the cabin.
Texas
1,020 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by LetsTango
Does anyone have spa cabin advice? What should we be taking advantage of? Is it worth the upgrade?

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app
Access to Spa
Access to large showers with ENDLESS supply of towels
Access to lockers to store your swimming trunks/spa shirt, etc overnight (yeah I do this the entire trip...just wring them out first and put a couple towels on the bottom to absorb any drips). Maybe store other stuff as well????
Quiet hallways/minimal foot traffic
Peace and Quiet
Easy access to lido area (Breeze and Magic anyways) without going through crowd at the pool.
AND what hardly anyone here recognizes...if you set your luggage out the night before and do not have FTTF, decks 11 and 12 are called first for getting off the ship (Magic and Breeze anyways).
Indiana
660 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Following. It’s my first time too so any advice is appreciated. We don’t usually pay for spa services so I like to hear about other perks .

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
1991 Carnival Fantasy
2000 Carnival Paradise
2001 Carnival Imagination
2003 Carnival Sensation
2004 Carnival Conquest
2005 Carnival Conquest
2007 Carnival Liberty
2009 Carnival Freedom
2010 Carnival Freedom
2012 Carnival Freedom (Finally Platinum!)
2012 Carnival Liberty
2014 Carnival Breeze!! (Favorite so far)
2015 Carnival Glory
2015 Carnival Victory
2016 Carnival Splendor

2017 Carnival Magic

Colorado
682 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
The interior spa room on the Splendor was TOTALLY worth it. The thellasotherapy (sp?) pool was fantastic. We got two free classes. Yoga on a boat is fun. The lotions are wonderful. It cost us about $50 more to upgrade from a regular interior. Totally worth it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Splendor, April 2018 - Sister Cruise II
RCCI Vision of the Seas, January 2018
RCCI Adventures of the Seas, April 2016
Norwegian Sun, July 2013
Carnival Destiny, January 2011
Carnival Ecstasy, November 2008 - Sister Cruise I
258 Posts
Joined May 2017
I loved my Spa cabin so much on the Splendor I booked it again. Things I liked about it:
1. The T-pool, we went every night
2. The steam rooms
3. The T-pool--I'm telling you that thing is magic
4. The location--Being up that high, it's quiet and a short walk to the Lido deck and there was access to a "secret deck" 10 feet from our room. I'll always remember the full moon on the calm waters between Cabo and Mazatlan.
5. The T-pool--I called it my boyfriend for a good reason.
Texas
2,775 Posts
Joined May 2014
Dream class, the Dream, Magic, and Breeze, definitely worth it for my group (all women, 18, 25, 31, and me, older than sliced bread).

The three young ones made great use of the free classes, the cleanser, the bathroom amenities, the saunas, the tile loungers, the T-pool, and for the two older ones the proximity to the Serenity Deck. I surprised all of us by trying, and loving, the T-pool.

Cabin location itself is prime real estate. So quiet. No foot traffic. No children in the hallways.

It was most definitely worth it for my group. One said, "this takes cruising to a whole new level."
Indiana
660 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by mkcurran
I loved my Spa cabin so much on the Splendor I booked it again. Things I liked about it:
2. The steam rooms
4. The location--Being up that high, it's quiet and a short walk to the Lido deck and there was access to a "secret deck" 10 feet from our room. I'll always remember the full moon on the calm waters between Cabo and Mazatlan.
Tell me about the T-pool please.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
1991 Carnival Fantasy
2000 Carnival Paradise
2003 Carnival Sensation
2004 Carnival Conquest
2005 Carnival Conquest
2007 Carnival Liberty
2009 Carnival Freedom
2010 Carnival Freedom
2012 Carnival Liberty
2015 Carnival Glory
2015 Carnival Victory
2016 Carnival Splendor

2017 Carnival Magic

258 Posts
Joined May 2017
Originally posted by sturderick
Tell me about the T-pool please.
It's a mineral hot tub. And the only hot tub on the ship that's actually hot. It's also not near any bars nor has any drink service, so it tends not to turn into people soup. On the Splendor there's a metal lounge type rack you can lay on in it and just relax. I do recommend holding on if the ship is rocking. Otherwise you get to know any body else who happens to be in the tub really well.
Also there are these spouts that cascade water that feels good on the neck.
Portland OR
1,345 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
2. The steam rooms
Haha, I feel the same way about the Dream-Class T-pools, but was horribly disappointed by the Vista-Class version. It's just a freaking hot tub, no pipe lounger, no fountain faucets, and it's about a fourth the size. I guess it's the water used that allows them to call it a T-pool, but they are nowhere near the same
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising!
Cala

09/29/19 - Carnival Horizon W Caribbean
01/19/19 - Carnival Breeze E Caribbean PBE IV Cruise
09/29/18 - Carnival Sunshine E Caribbean

01/21/18 - Carnival Dream W Caribbean PBE III Cruise
0/29/17 - Carnival Breeze W Caribbean
02/25/17 - Carnival Vista E Caribbean
1/21/17 - Carnival Magic W Caribbean PBE II Cruise - Platinum!
10/01/16 - Carnival Miracle Mexican Riviera
01/24/16 - Carnival Breeze W. Caribbean PBE I Cruise
9/26/15 - Carnival Glory W. Caribbean
02/28/15 - Carnival Breeze E. Caribbean
9/28/14 - Carnival Magic W. Caribbean
9/28/13 - Carnival Breeze S. Caribbean
09/30/12 - Carnival Victory S. Caribbean
04/16/12 - Celebrity Millenium W. Caribbean
10/01/11 - Carnival Liberty E. Caribbean
09/29/07 - Carnival Liberty S. Caribbean
10/02/05 - Norwegian Crown Bermuda
05/29/04 - Zuiderdam W. Caribbean
10/02/03 - Zuiderdam E. Caribbean
10/02/00 - Carnival Holiday Baja Mexico
Texas
1,020 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by LibratPDX

Haha, I feel the same way about the Dream-Class T-pools, but was horribly disappointed by the Vista-Class version. It's just a freaking hot tub, no pipe lounger, no fountain faucets, and it's about a fourth the size. I guess it's the water used that allows them to call it a T-pool, but they are nowhere near the same

Just looking at the online videos, the Vista class T-Pool is a joke. And deal breaker for me.

I will say I don’t understand the “mineral water” take. Unless treated, all water has minerals.
Indiana
660 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
It's a mineral hot tub. And the only hot tub on the ship that's actually hot. It's also not near any bars nor has any drink service, so it tends not to turn into people soup. On the Splendor there's a metal lounge type rack you can lay on in it and just relax. I do recommend holding on if the ship is rocking. Otherwise you get to know any body else who happens to be in the tub really well.
Also there are these spouts that cascade water that feels good on the neck.
Thank you, that sounds wonderful! Haha, thanks for the advice about holding on. I guess I better make sure my husband is next to me if the ships rocking .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
1991 Carnival Fantasy
2000 Carnival Paradise
2003 Carnival Sensation
2004 Carnival Conquest
2005 Carnival Conquest
2007 Carnival Liberty
2009 Carnival Freedom
2010 Carnival Freedom
2012 Carnival Liberty
2015 Carnival Glory
2015 Carnival Victory
2016 Carnival Splendor

2017 Carnival Magic

NC
198 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
I agree with the Dream class ships. We've booked spa balcony on the Dream, Splendor and now the Magic this Sept.

We booked for the t-pool. We use it everyday. I also agree with deck 11 and 12 being quiet. I will say that if you want your balcony to have a roof, pick deck 11. We had deck 12 on our last cruise and it has very little coverage above to get out of the sun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Splendor - 6 Day Western Caribbean - Dec 2016!
Carnival Dream - Got engaged! 7 Day Western Caribbean - May 2015
Carnival Splendor - 7 Day Western Caribbean - Nov 2014
Carnival Paradise - 5 Day Western Caribbean - June 2014