"LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas - January 19, 2018

Radio

Pardon me for being dense, but why was it a "no show" for you if the Gift and a movie were in the theater? Is it the theater itself? The shows being offered? I'm confused. :confused:

Instead of an early and late seating show each night with either the RC Singers and Dancers or hired acts, Anthem has 2 shows that are scheduled from 3-5 times during the cruise. You get reservations in advance or wait on a line for available seating just before the show starts. You don't see the same show multiple times during the cruise and these shows are using the theater so the traditional evening shows can't play there. There are other venues like Music Hall and Two70 where activities such as tribute bands or other games may be available. But if you're thinking of automatically going to a show in the theater pre or post dinner every night this doesn't happen on Anthem. Anthem doesn't even have the traditional RC singers and dancers having instead the performers that are the cast for The Gift, We Will Rick You and The Gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guest maddycat
Did you have to eat at Chops first or 2nd night to use your D+ benefit? I don't recall needing to do that but others have told me I have to and was trying to figure out how to reserve on the planner and not pay for two. Did you reserve once you were onboard? We sail Sunday and would like to try Wonderland. Thanks for your great review!

Are you referring to the BOGO first 2 nights for $40 per person? We've done that for our last 3 cruises. It's a great deal.

You purchase the BOGO in your cruise planner and choose the time you want to eat When you board you will find a letter in your cabin with the restaurant assignments for the two night. If you're not happy with the restaurants that RCI chooses for you, you can go to any specialty restaurant and change the restaurants.

Only the first night will show up on your cruise planner as purchased. The second night will be blank.

Are you referring to the BOGO first 2 nights for $40 per person? We've done that for our last 3 cruises. It's a great deal.

You purchase the BOGO in your cruise planner and choose the time you want to eat When you board you will find a letter in your cabin with the restaurant assignments for the two night. If you're not happy with the restaurants that RCI chooses for you, you can go to any specialty restaurant and change the restaurants.

Only the first night will show up on your cruise planner as purchased. The second night will be blank.

No, I was talking about the D+ benefit. I don't recall using on the first or second night and it sounded like Radio used on the 3rd night. Some people have suggested it had to be used on the 1st or 2nd night, which is why I was asking Radio what night he used it.

Would like to ask if anyone who did not reserved either the ifly and/or northstar prior to boarding; were you able to enjoy either or both of these activities via guest services when boarded or simply just standing on line @ the activity line?

I watched Rogue One which I enjoyed in the Royal Theater. Popcorn was being sold at $3 per box on Deck 4 that many passengers brought into the theater.

Talk about nickel and diming to charge for a box of popcorn that should be free.

Hello everyone . . . Today the weather was perfect with sunny skies, a light breeze and warm temps (74F). The locals called it the first nice warm day in 2018. Our crew split up today with some going to the beach, some went shopping, and a few of us walked around the Cove in Port Canaveral and had some lunch. We had lunch at Grills Tiki Bar for a wonderful meal. The place was packed . . . It seemed that many Anthem of the Seas passengers had the same idea as we did.

For those who wanted to explore on their own there were many options available. A Cocoa Beach shuttle (Non Cruise Line) was available for $15.R/T. The shuttle picks up every 15 min from 9-6. Several Rental car agencies will pick you up from the terminal to rent a car for the day. There were also taxis available at the pier. The taxi rates start at $15 (Cape Canaveral) or $20 Cocoa Beach. We hung out until about 2, then it was time for news until 4.I was exhausted and needed a little rest.

We leave Cruise Terminal 1 today at 9PM, but we don’t havetoo far to travel. We should be picking up the pilot by around 7AM for a slowentry into the port of Miami. As reported previously, there should behelicopter fly bys, and fire boats with water cannons welcoming Anthem of the Seas to her first visit to Miami. Passengers have suggested that Michael Bayleyis on board now for the festivities tomorrow.

The forecast for tomorrow will be cloudy skies, light winds,and warm weather 78F. Here are a few pics from today.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

All passengers on board by 8:30PM

D12.jpg

Going ashore in Port Canaveral

D30.jpg

Cruise Terminal 1

D33.jpg

As Sunny day in Port Canaveral

D15.jpg

Pelicans were enjoying the sun

D23.jpg

Anthem Aft

D24.jpg

Here are a few more pics. . . More pics tomorrow

Radio

Canaveral Cove

D34.jpg

Grills Tiki Bar

D22.jpg

They had great food indoors or outdoors

D21.jpg

Sunny Skies mean busy pools

D43.jpg

Gigi is enjoying the sun

D40.jpg

Oops, a water line broke up on DECK 14. . . All is fixed now

D44.jpg

Thank you for posting the info about your cruise. I am getting more excited about boarding the ship in a couple weeks. We are taking our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter on the cruise with us. Do you know which DreamWorks characters are on board by chance? She knows the Trolls; so I am hoping some of them are on there. Thanks in advance.

Would like to ask if anyone who did not reserved either the ifly and/or northstar prior to boarding; were you able to enjoy either or both of these activities via guest services when boarded or simply just standing on line @ the activity line?
Upon boarding in Bayonne head straight to Boleros where they setup temporary "Box Office" crew to book entertainment and activities including North Star and iFly. This is my 3rd cruise on Anthem and twice I couldn't make advance iFly and/or North Star cruise planner reservation. No issues getting them on board but I went their straight to Boleros after boarding. It would help to know your schedule so you can work around other events.

Thanks for the info.
They rotate each cruise. I did a B2B on Anthem in December. First cruise was Journey Tribute, second was Led Zeppelin Tribute. Some folks doing a B2B on this cruise told me it was Journey last week. Next cruise? Who knows...

Hello everyone . .

For those who wanted to explore on their own there were many options available. A Cocoa Beach shuttle (Non Cruise Line) was available for $15.R/T. The shuttle picks up every 15 min from 9-6.]

Hi Radio,

Thanks for all the great tips and information. Do you know where this Coco Beach shuttle picks up from, is it right outside the terminal 1?

Thank you.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Hi Radio,

Thanks for all the great tips and information. Do you know where this Coco Beach shuttle picks up from, is it right outside the terminal 1?

Thank you.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Yes, it is directly outside of the terminal ( in the parking garage) Look for vans with 8-8-8 sign

Radio

[emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Sunny Promenade walk

C22.jpg

Thank you for this picture. We will be staying in 6654 in November and I've been guessing where the davits might line up. I think we should be slightly forward of the middle of that medium sized life boat 11.

I suppose I should go to one of the dining rooms when I get on board and make sure things are straightened out... I booked BOGO on night one. Then I decided to add on the 5 night package, which in the Cruise Planner you have to select either night one or night 2. So my first night for the 5 night package is night 2. We're on the 12 night cruise departing Saturday, so ultimately we want 7 of those nights in a specialty of some sort. (plus we have a Chef's Table night, too)

I'm assuming that once we get on board we can just arrange our dinners without much hassle. Correct?

They rotate each cruise. I did a B2B on Anthem in December. First cruise was Journey Tribute, second was Led Zeppelin Tribute. Some folks doing a B2B on this cruise told me it was Journey last week. Next cruise? Who knows...

According to someone on our Roll Call, next week will be a Beatles tribute act.

Thank you for this picture. We will be staying in 6654 in November and I've been guessing where the davits might line up. I think we should be slightly forward of the middle of that medium sized life boat 11.

The balcony for cabin 6654 view is over the middle of small lifeboat just rear of the hump. The skiff or emergency boat is just forward of that smallest lifeboat. It has a decent view as the top of that lifeboat is at floor level and not at the top of the railing as is the case with the larger lifeboats and tenders.

1244209299_P1091325b(280x187).jpg.af38b98c26659d4f60342752d622de74.jpg

Hi Radio,

Thank you.

Jonathan

Forums mobile app

Yes, they are right out side the Terminal. . There use 2 large motorcoaches.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone . . . Good Morning and Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from Anthem of the Seas.

We have arrived in Miami. I went above the bridge wing onDECK 14(FWD) to get a few photos, and film a time lapse. It was very cloudy and dark . . . There may have been a few rain drops.

There was no fanfare as suggested by the CD, but this may have been because of the weather. There was a helicopter flying around us for about 30 min. I was happy to see the NEW Crown of Miami being constructed. This will be the new home of Symphony of the Seas. When we arrived at the pier there were about a dozen suits but that’s okay as we have arrived. The ship has been cleared and passengers are allowed to go ashore.

The weather for today should be very warm 80F, but mostlycloudy . . .I can see the sun trying to come out. All passengers must beonboard by 5:30PM for a 6PM scheduled departure.

Here are a few pics from our arrival. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

We can see Miami . . .

E4.jpg

The Crown of Miami (The NEW Royal Caribbean Terminal –A) isbeing constructed in time for Symphony of the Seas in the Fall of 2018

E9.jpg

It looks like the project is coming along very well

E10.jpg

We will be docking here at Terminal G

E12.jpg

Anthem of the seas approaches to pier slowly

E19.jpg

We have docked and the sun is trying hard to come out

E22.jpg